I took a trip down memory lane

ShinRa

Companion Cube
Reaction score
So while I was at work today, I was browsing these forums and I decided to see what records this forum kept from the past. It had everything. I simply hit the last page of every forum and looked back to 2003. I can't believe what a troll I was. Looking at the things we all used to post and say cracked me up and in some cases made me cringe. You guys who have been around the last 10 years, do you ever go back and look at the shit we used to post and talk about? It's endearing. When I get home I'm planning on showing a few screens of some people that are still around today and the entertaining things they used to say on this forum. I miss those days :(

Take a trip down the walls of my asshole.

1w5yc

I do this an unhealthy amount. Most of the people who posted I've already done this to. I've done to myself so many times I feel stupid as hell each time.

We grew up together, you guyyyys.

p.s. I suggest Chronicling ZombieTurtle's postings, it's a goddamn well put together novel about coming of age.

I do this an unhealthy amount. Most of the people who posted I've already done this to. I've done to myself so many times I feel stupid as hell each time.

We grew up together, you guyyyys.

p.s. I suggest Chronicling ZombieTurtle's postings, it's a goddamn well put together novel about coming of age.
ZT was Michael Cera growing into a cultured young adult and I love him dearly.

SWEATING BULLEEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSSSSSSS

Heh. I remember when I made a poll about whether I should change my name to Soupstorm.

That's about as far back as I want to go.

Yeah, I've looked.

There's not a day goes by that I don't feel regret. Not because I still post, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who made that terrible thread. I want to talk to him. I want to try to talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I gotta live with that.

Couldn't get around to it tonight...but I assure you everyone who posted in here is getting theres....:getout:

I don't have to look back to feel shame. Most of the stupid things I ever said here I felt dumb about hours after posting them. Usually something political or religious. Not necessarily that I felt I was flat out wrong, just that I could have expressed my point without being such an asshole about it. There were times I felt completely justified as well, but I can't remember too many off hand.

Anyway, whatever, it's just the interbutt.

What I find hilarious is that Willie hasn't changed one iota the entire time I've been here. Also holy **** I've been here longer than I thought.

Somebody please ban Shinra before he destroys us all.

Funny you mention that, in my first year or two here I made so many stupid threads and posts that I was banned once or twice and people kept begging Munro to ban me forever, but I always sweet talked my way out of it!

And sorry I didn't get around to it still...ugh...damn real life. If this was 2003 when I joined I'd have put up 400 screens by now....but then again....I wouldn't have anything to look back on....wait...I'm an idiot...wait....I'm still the idiot I was 10 years ago......

Yeah, it's strange looking back and seeing a discernible gradual change to the point where it's quite a difference. Even more interesting is thinking back to times with the most activity and posting a certain way and what points in my shitshow of teenagerhood they correspond with. It goes without saying that there is some insanely cringeworthy stuff back there.

I need to post this so I can see my join date and realize how long I've been in this god forsaken hell.

I regret about 85% of the things I've posted on this forum, especially around 2008/2009. I was very pubescent, sensitive and just generally a tool.

Me too! My regret rate is closer to 40%, but I also avoid serious threads as a rule (moreso as I get older). I seriously regret the farewell post I put up around February, as though I could ever escape this place for long.

Yeah, it's strange looking back and seeing a discernible gradual change to the point where it's quite a difference. Even more interesting is thinking back to times with the most activity and posting a certain way and what points in my shitshow of teenagerhood they correspond with. It goes without saying that there is some insanely cringeworthy stuff back there.

I need to post this so I can see my join date and realize how long I've been in this god forsaken hell.

Hey, '07er high five!

Oh god please let me escape this place.

I can never remember if I'm '04 or '05 because I registered on new year's. Let's find out.

Back