If it isn't a combine base...

morgs

The Freeman
Reaction score
Why are they using combine energy balls in their trials?

How do we know those energy balls are the Combine's anyway? We've seen how they assimilate things, like human trains, helicopters, assault rifles, APCs, etcetera, maybe somone else created them and got invaded by the Combine.

As for the turrets, who knows?

If they arn't it's probably a cheap copy + paste by valve.

WEll the rebels are also using them. And portal is canon, so they have to have those balls.

I suppose it's not impossible that, sometime in the past before the Portal Storms, some corporation got into contact with the Combine and got some tech in exchange for them developing hand-held portal technology.

Reverse-engineering by Aperture Science, whoever they are.

It doesn't matter as this is a third party mod and you expect ot seee moddded things like that.

That's how the G-man disappears so easily, he has a portal gun but only uses one portal, and left the other one back at his house.

That's how the G-man disappears so easily, he has a portal gun but only uses one portal, and left the other one back at his house.
Win. And at his house, he watches episodes of Will & Grace until it's time to mess with his mind again.

Haha, I hadn't even seen this thread and I asked the same question yesterday. The two possible explanations are 1: They are a standard parallel universe power source or 2: It's teh Combines.
And in response to the Gman having a portal gun; I doubt it because at some point you see him walk into a door that opens vertically in space...doesn't he? Or am I thinking of Quantum Leap?

Haha, I hadn't even seen this thread and I asked the same question yesterday. The two possible explanations are 1: They are a standard parallel universe power source or 2: It's teh Combines.
And in response to the Gman having a portal gun; I doubt it because at some point you see him walk into a door that opens vertically in space...doesn't he? Or am I thinking of Quantum Leap?

I'm sure they were just joking about that. :)

perhaps those energy pellets are naturally occuring (somewhere other than earth or xen that we havnt seen yet) and the combine and/or aperture science mearly harvest them for their needs. dispite what early reports state, i would be very surprised if its a combine facility.

So would I, simply because there is no combine presence.

the facility is prolly run by the combine. the combine prolly let them ceep there facility up and running because they want the techh as much as eny one else dose. besides, to fight gordon freeman wile your useing the portal gun would pwn.

Back