If not, then what?

Dile

Reaction score
I bet you noticed, that the weap in the e3 demo, that launches a ray, and that ray lifts the targeted object, is NOT the manipulator. It has a spinning "something" on it, similar to the gauss.

If its not the manipulator, then what we should call it?

Any wild ideas? :E

How about we call it 'The old version of the manipulator which is in a tech demo from before all the other demo's and has now been replaced with a newer better version'?

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
How about we call it 'The old version of the manipulator which is in a tech demo from before all the other demo's and has now been replaced with a newer better version'?

Nah, that's too short:- )

Originally posted by SerialCarpens
What does reee....uhhh....poste mean?

A retort, or retaliation. But I applied sarcasm to the post.

It looks alot like the manipulator (qua design) and the gause is already seen on the dune buggy.

I think the blue beam gun is diffrent weapon then the manipulater.. but I can be wrong

Originally posted by SerialCarpens
What does reee....uhhh....poste mean?

Riposte? It's French for repost. Means you keep sending the same message to the forums over and over and over till people get sick of you. Also see: Spam.

Sometimes you can make the order of the words in the post slightly different but the message stays the same -- and if you repeat it often enough maybe, just maybe (roughly 5% chance), people might actually pay attention to you instead of adding you to their ignore list.

Originally posted by snark^
Riposte? It's French for repost. Means you keep sending the same message to the forums over and over and over till people get sick of you. Also see: Spam.

Sometimes you can make the order of the words in the post slightly different but the message stays the same -- and if you repeat it often enough maybe, just maybe (roughly 5% chance), people might actually pay attention to you instead of adding you to their ignore list.

Incorrect -

ri·poste

1. A quick thrust given after parrying an opponent's lunge in fencing.
2. A retaliatory action, maneuver, or retort.

3. To make a return thrust.
4. To retort quickly.

There are lots of words int he english language that are similar and the same as words in other european countries.

Such as retard. This just means late in French but in English it means late developer. Just because the word is the same doesnt mean it bears the same meaning.

This post is here to try to stop the flame wars that usaually sprout up out of hte trivial matters.

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Incorrect -

ri·poste

1. A quick thrust given after parrying an opponent's lunge in fencing. ... [snip] ...

Wow, really? :)

Might wanna check your sarcasm'o'meter there, buddy -- cos I think the filter is clogged up.

WHat's the difference between the manipulator and that gun except the skin and the beam? I can't see it...

*holds gun up in air and fires a couple rounds*

Can we get some freakin order in here?!

Stackars små patetiska människor...

I agree, what were we discussing?
Yea, the manipulator and it's brother.

I would be glad if the manipulator had the power to lift things up and swing them around. Like the two objects bound togeather. It would be great if you picked something up with the wite-ray thingy and used the mouse wheel to make the ray longer and shoter leaving the object hanging farther away or nearer you. =)

Originally posted by snark^
Wow, really? :)

Might wanna check your sarcasm'o'meter there, buddy -- cos I think the filter is clogged up.

What the hell? There was absolutely no clue in your post that it was sarcastic... I thought you were being serious. Guess that's the problem with forums.

The one in the tech demo is an earlier version of the one seen throughout the rest of the game. Gabe has already said you wont see the tech demo weapon in the game!

Originally posted by caged
Haha, en svensk... Håller med. =)

Välkommen frände ;)
Jag tror vi är fler här än två faktiskt.

Back