IF there's a Counter-Strike 2...

Reaction score
GameTrailers is hinting that Gabe might be confirming CS2, but in my pessimistic mind, I'm going to assume that Gabe will say there will be no CS2, ever.

BUT, if there IS a CS2, what sort of changes would you like to see realized in it? What differences would distinguish it from CS/CS:S?

Here's my list, ranging from cosmetic to game play:

1. All new player models including women, with the original player models also selectable.

2. Full model camouflage selection. If you're on Dust 2 or some map like that, let's say you picked the new Insurgent player model. You'd then be given a small list of camo to choose from. Snow, woodland, digital, tiger stripe, desert, all black etc. This would lend itself to more strategic play on some maps.

3. Buy Menu weapon upgrades with more custom load out save slots. Basically, you could add a LAM to any gun, a red dot scope, standard scope, extended magazines, and other things. You do not unlock these through achievements as in CoD4, they're immediately available should you have enough cash to afford them. I know achievements are fun, but why should CS be like every other game out there?

4. Different armor selections. Better armor costs more money. Pretty simple.

5. New weapons. Sure, you can download custom models and skins... but I'd like to see a complete overhaul of the weapons menu.

6. Game modes. One game mode could be a squad based mode, intended for tournament play. This mode would have one player acting as the squad leader. He would be in charge of the teams funds and select load outs for each player during the intermissions between rounds. He would direct the squad in real time during the round. This would require larger maps designed less for death match and more for squad based tactics, of course.

All of these options would have a cvar toggle so the server admin could decide what options to allow.

What are your ideas/suggestions?

For me, I would like to see ironsights. I think this would help a little bit in a game such as this; COD4 uses them, and COD4 is modeled a little bit after CSS multiplayer wise.

I would also like to see an in depth weapon customization feature, somewhat like adding scopes or something like that. A Rainbow Six-ish kind of thing.

I would like to see not just a complete weapons overhaul, but I want valve to add in as many weapons they possibly can, and possibly add more gameplay variants that allow for more spawning. I would also like to see different level design, not just making recreated CS or CSS maps.

Character customization too; this would be awesome but might be a little too much like Rainbow SIx Vegas, which dewals heavily with PEC(Persistent Elite Creation?).

I'm sure there is more.

Oh, and a fully interactive admin program built rite into the game. No DL's..and easy server config.

Que-Ever said:
an age requirement
This.

I'd also like weapon-upgrade-ables, and maybe some more gameplay scenarios. Bugfixes would be nice too - I still headshot people in the leg sometimes.

CS has 2 things going for it.

1. Start of round choice
2. Absurdly low margin of error

I'd like Valve to build on point 1.

Make it into a tactical game. Like the original Rainbow 6, but multiplayer (if they original R6 did have multiplayer I never played it, only the singleplayer).

There will be no cs:s 2 and gabe did not hint to it and anyway cs:s is fine.

What do I want to see?

No CS2.

Use your time and resources on a game worth working on, CSS is fine. Make something new.

Isnt CSS actually CS2?

Cause there was there was the original, then CSS...

(Along with a few other CS Spin-offs)

There will be no cs:s 2 and gabe did not hint to it and anyway cs:s is fine.

Gabe said Counter Strike is not dead. They aren't working on it now, but it's not dead. Counter Strike 2, or some form of sequel will be released someday.

Isnt CSS actually CS2?

No. Counter Strike, CS: Condition Zero, and CS: Source are all the same game. Condition Zero was a mega-expansion, and Source was a remake of the original game atop the Source engine.

CS2 would be a completely new, fresh game, not an update of CS:S.

I agree, CS:S is fine (I didn't play 1.6 until after I got into CS:S, and CS:S is definitely the better game - anyone who says differently is just biased toward the game they've loved for years), but I'd love to see a new Counter Strike released someday.

Imagine the possibilities with the new Source 2 engine, Achievements, and all of the other new things coming to us from the gaming world.

I think before they work on CS2 Valve will most likely make a bigger update to source to go along with HL3. That is probably the most likely place for CS2. Valve has a history of updating their engine every time they make a new game. :) (Episodes don't count)

If there would be a cs2... Iron sights is the way to go!

But anyway I'm still playing CS 1.5 on WON2 :p

Isnt CSS actually CS2?

No. CS:S is just prettier graphics and physics.

CS2, we'd be talking full on new stuff probably.

CS2 should definitely be somewhat similar to most games that are out today...*cough* Rainbow Six Vegas and the like. Why? Because it has more weapons in each category...and customizable weapon things. Although, if you could choose rate of fire in CS2, that would kind of kill the game's weapon balance.

And CS2 should definitely come with the next Source Engine Rebuild or w/e.

Back