If Valve put up HL2 on Ebay today how much would it go for?

You guys are completely missing the point. IF one man HAS it. EVERYONE has it. So I wouldn't waste your money buying E-bay crap. D3 Is not only "out there" but it's out there legitimately TOO.

Some stores where selling it yesterday. So Hl2 will be no exception. On a side note. I think D3 will have jack all replay, and will fizzle. The lowest system specs are 1.8 Ghz.

3 Ghz machines run it (ok). Can you imagine that crap.

Pitbul said:
that'd be funny if VALVe put a single copy of HL2 on ebay and smeone paid 50,000 for it then the day after the person got it VAVLe release HL2.
that would be awesome! it would serve that rich punk a lesson for being stupid

wonkers said:
You guys are completely missing the point. IF one man HAS it. EVERYONE has it. So I wouldn't waste your money buying E-bay crap. D3 Is not only "out there" but it's out there legitimately TOO.

Some stores where selling it yesterday. So Hl2 will be no exception. On a side note. I think D3 will have jack all replay, and will fizzle. The lowest system specs are 1.8 Ghz.

3 Ghz machines run it (ok). Can you imagine that crap.

The point was what if Vavle put one copy of HL2 on Ebay today, how much would it go for.

I would offer a lot of pron, and movie ftp's

Id rather buy a fake pussy for 1000 dollars..

hl2 will come sept..

Hehhehh,

Id software would buy it just to keep it out from the shelves ! Doom 3 would make more profit :)

genocide604 said:
Id rather buy a fake pussy for 1000 dollars..

hl2 will come sept..

How will you know it's really fake?? :eek: :eek: (.)(.)

I'd pay it's actual price. Then sell it to some dumb fanboy for 2000 :p... after i play it for myself though. ;)

It would depends how long till release , coz i probly wouldnt pay over 50 if it wos coming out in a week or so

But if not ide go to 80 ish

i would give nothing. ill just wait until i see it in the stores 1 day..

btw spiderman2 rocks, seen it in theater :p

It would just get released a few weeks later? Great, you've just wasted some good money.

ShadowFox said:
I wouldn't pay anything over $60.. since the person who gets it would probably immediately leak it.

I know if i was the guy that got the only copy i sure as hell wouldn't leak it. If full version leaks of HL2 started popping up on the net after the auction, you can be damn sure valve would be knocking at your door the next day. :thumbs:

Depends on far the single copy went up ahead of its release. If we're talking, say, 3 or more months before, it would easily go for at the very least $10 000. Remember, there are bound to be more than a few millionnaires/multi-millionnaires or children of millionnaires/multi-millionaires out there who would happily pay - what is to them - only a piffling amount to have the highest of high profile games before anyone else. Robin Williams is a well known Half-Life fan to name but one example and I'm sure he's keenly looking forward to HL2 too (he saw it at its initial E3 2003 presentation, I remember hearing).

Personally, if it meant having it 3 months earlier than anyone else, I'd probably go up to £60-70 before I just though "forget it, I'll wait the bloody 3 months".

Anyway, this is all totally hypothetical. It'll go RC any day now ...

well lets see doom 3 people were willing to pay 20 million dollars for it to get it a day early.

(yes I know it was a joke)

Enigma said:
How bout a link

hahahhahahahahha :cheers: The magic IF word :D

idk I think that if VALVe would do it they would say the shipping got delayed :imu:

Back