If you could edit any weapon...

Wheaties-Of-Doom

Space Core
Reaction score
If you could change how any weapon in Team Fortress operates, what weapon would it be and how would you change it? The goal is to make it better, but not unbalance the game.

Personally, I would make the Sticky-Jumper have a knock-back effect on enemies, similar to the pyro's air-blast.

OK, people, I want to hear what ideas you have; so no lurking.

Rockets would fire backwards, sniper scopes would make you look at your character and pyros would be removed from the game. :v

I would change the gravity gun so that if you use it on objects that are too heavy, it pulls you to the target instead, so then you could use it as a grappling hook

I would change the gravity gun so that if you use it on objects that are too heavy, it pulls you to the target instead, so then you could use it as a grappling hook

thats not in tf2, but what if you could point the gravity gun at yourself to lift yourself up when its in super mode?

I always wondered, if the resistance had gravity manipulation tech, why wasn't Dr. Magnusson's rocket launched into space using zero point energy? I mean, gravity manipulation is infinitely more efficient then burning millions of pounds of fuel, right?

I stand by HL2DM being the best Source multiplayer there was. Nothing like a toilet to the head kill.

thats sounds like a great idea actually.

I always wondered, if the resistance had gravity manipulation tech, why wasn't Dr. Magnusson's rocket launched into space using zero point energy? I mean, gravity manipulation is infinitely more efficient then burning millions of pounds of fuel, right?

Well from what i can recall, the gravity gun was more experimental, and even if it was used to propel the rocket, it isn't a thruster. the only way they could use it is to basically catapult the rocket in to space, where the "gun" is fixed to the launch pad propelling the rocket up. The energy source would have to be massive in order to propel the rocket fast enough to over come the earths gravity as well as the drag from the atmosphere itself, its velocity would drop off really quick. Assuming that a large enough gun existed and they had the energy to power it, the sudden jult of thrust nessisary to get the rocket up to speed in that short instant of time would just crush and destroy the rocket and everything inside it.

Well from what i can recall, the gravity gun was more experimental, and even if it was used to propel the rocket, it isn't a thruster.

That's the point. If you could adapt the existing technology to negate or reverse the Earth's pull on the rocket. There would be no need for thrust (or at least, no thrust beyond basic movement. Non of that "Millions of pounds of fuel to achieve liftoff" stuff)

That's the point. If you could adapt the existing technology to negate or reverse the Earth's pull on the rocket. There would be no need for thrust (or at least, no thrust beyond basic movement. Non of that "Millions of pounds of fuel to achieve liftoff" stuff)

So use it as anti gravity.

What powers the ZPM anyways? (I keep thinking StarGate)

also shouldn't we move this conversation over to the half life section in a thread about the gravity gun?

So use it as anti gravity.

What powers the ZPM anyways? (I keep thinking StarGate)

also shouldn't we move this conversation over to the half life section in a thread about the gravity gun?

First question: Sci-fi maguffinry.

Second Question: Probably.

It manipulates the zero point energy field.

Note: Magic.

That's tough to say... I think they've done an incredibly good job of keeping the game balanced in spite of adding a lot of new weapons. The Medic's Crossbow could use a damage buff? More healing when hitting a team mate? Friggin' maniacs never stop squirming long enough to hit/heal them, so I guess it serves them right.

Back