If YOU were in Half-Life...

Oh man oh man. I'd probably get killed right away, either by a headcrab or random power-tripping CP or what have you. But I would definitely make an effort to save my cat....

I am the extremely unlucky safety inspector that visits Black Mesa on the day of the resonance cascade.

I never even made it inside :(

With my luck, I'd be up on a roof somewhere working on an A/C only to have a headcrap or fast zombie attack me. Hopefully I'd be able to set it on fire with my torch or something, if not it would be blunt force with a tool of some kind. If not, I'd obviously be dead.

But if I did survive, hopefully I could band together with some other refugees and live long enough to join the rebellion. Get my ass to White Forest and help out around the base. Hopefully I'd know enough by that time to be of use around the base. Maybe run foot patrol around the perimeter, or help fix mechanical stuff inside the base.

All in all, I'd definitely want a weapon with me at all times. Don't want to be left defenseless. Maybe even get with Alyx, although I figure she'd be with Gordan... :(

Sitting on a roof somewhere creating various riddles and then getting banned for "spamming" Then apologize, getting banned for life for doing so, and two years later come back online and talk about what I would do if I were in HL2, probably being banned for user agreement violations the second this post is read.

Sooooooooo... Who likes Coldplay?

I'd probably be turned into a stalker if the combine caught me if not....

Id go to my girlfriends dad's house because its out in the country and its got several shotguns, rifles, and pistols all with plenty of ammo, a couple of crossbows, bows and arrows, and also some homemade explosives... id say we'd be pretty set to defend ourselves againts xen wildlife... probably wouldnt fare too well against combine soldiers though so hopefully we would just be ignored... in my spare time i'd tame headcrabs

and in response to that riddle. the beggar was the mans sister

Imho, the Combine just shot a headcrab shell at any structure more than twenty miles from a city.

America's endless suburbs probably gave them trouble, so they just teleported all the topsoil to the center of Haley's Comet.

I'd probably be turned into a stalker if the combine caught me if not....

Id go to my girlfriends dad's house because its out in the country and its got several shotguns, rifles, and pistols all with plenty of ammo, a couple of crossbows, bows and arrows, and also some homemade explosives... id say we'd be pretty set to defend ourselves againts xen wildlife... probably wouldnt fare too well against combine soldiers though so hopefully we would just be ignored... in my spare time i'd tame headcrabs

and in response to that riddle. the beggar was the mans sister
Damn. I'll get a new riddle.

Aren't you the dickhead that killed miscellaneous? You have no idea how much I hate you, go the **** away.

That would indeed be me. I do believe that everything was blown out of proportions as I had only about four posts before I was banned for spamming. I came back on another profile and explained that I had not been spamming, just trying to make people laugh and also apologized for what had happened but then was banned for user agreement regulations for making another profile. So, if you find it absolutely necessary to call me a "dickhead", then, bombs away, call me anything you want. I'm not a twelve year old as I suspect you are, so I will not argue back and forth with you.

That would indeed be me. I do believe that everything was blown out of proportions as I had only about four posts before I was banned for spamming. I came back on another profile and explained that I had not been spamming, just trying to make people laugh and also apologized for what had happened but then was banned for user agreement regulations for making another profile. So, if you find it absolutely necessary to call me a "dickhead", then, bombs away, call me anything you want. I'm not a twelve year old as I suspect you are, so I will not argue back and forth with you.

You can take your condescending attitude it and shove it up your ****ing ass. You killed miscellaneous. Whether it was your intention or not, you were just blatantly spamming. In doing so you killed 70% of the goodness in this forum.

Grow up. If anybody killed miscellaneous it was an agitated mod, not me. Now, unless you wish to derail this thread, open up a new thread and you and I can discuss it there. I understand you don't like me but you're acting like a baby. Seriously, don't bring this thread any more off-topic.

There are no words for these feelings. And I really don't understand your constant attacks on people's maturity/age, nothing I'm saying is anything but statement of fact or a half-joking insult.

But seriously, nobody considers threads in the Half-Life section actual threads.

I would be a rebel, untill I meet gordon, alyx or barney, then I'd stick with them, and die by being trampled on by a strider, because of my clumsiness. What a slow and horrible (well, I say..) death.

There are no words for these feelings. And I really don't understand your constant attacks on people's maturity/age, nothing I'm saying is anything but statement of fact or a half-joking insult.

But seriously, nobody considers threads in the Half-Life section actual threads.

"Half-joking insults"? Like you calling me a "dickhead" and telling me to "Get the **** off HL2.net" Real funny. Not to mention the, "You can take your condescending attitude it and shove it up your ****ing ass" part either.

BTW, my, "attacks" on your age stem from your vulgar language and behavior and the fact that your profile says you're a student. I don't see any reason for this argument to go on any further, let me enjoy the site in peace.

I'm going to actually heed the first part of the last sentence of your advice and stop this argument here (despite having several things to say, especially regarding your understanding of my sense of humor and your thoughts on 'vulgar language'). Please see your profile for a kinder invitation to friendship.

I'm going to actually heed the first part of the last sentence of your advice and stop this argument here (despite having several things to say, especially regarding your understanding of my sense of humor and your thoughts on 'vulgar language'). Please see your profile for a kinder invitation to friendship.
Saw it, replied too. I'm game for a truce.

BTW, I changed my color as Someone commented on my page and said it hurt their eyes. hope this works better.

All in all, I'd definitely want a weapon with me at all times. Don't want to be left defenseless. Maybe even get with Alyx, although I figure she'd be with Gordan... :(

The fact that every rebel that accompanies Alyx OR Gordon for any amount of time dies has no bearing on this at all, apparently.

I'd probably make it all the way up to the HL2 (episode 1) timeline, then I'd probably would starve to death. I'd hate to know all there was left to eat was headcrab.

If I made it through during the start of the revolt, my life would probably be short lived realistically as I'm currently not in the best of shape, but I'd kill as many of those damn metrocops as I could before then.

By HL2, I'd be in my 40's too. Being older would lessen anyone's chance of survival.

I'd still be in physical prime. :p

And I'd have a .308 rifle which is about 7 times more powerful than the .357, can you say OSOK?

I'd capture and tame an Antlion prior to the 7-Hour War, name it Grunf (don't ask), and attach dual-smgs to it's face, and then give it mideval-style armor.

Then, after the combine invasio, I would fly to City 17 on my trusty steed, obliterate the combine, and save the day.

....Or get killed by headcrabs. Whichever comes first.

Back