Impressions of Deathmatch?

orsinijj said:
My impression of this POS valve tries to pawn off on its loyal followers...

1. LAGGY... did they play test it at all??? if more than one person is using a grav gun, it slows to a crawl...

2. Poor weapon balance... the stupid grav gun can propel a chair and kill someone who fires 45 shots into the torso of the thrower with the smg?

3. MAPS - Six years and these two sorry made over from the game maps is all you could come up with??? Come on guys...

hate posts like this
1- not noticed too much lag from the first night..perhaps get a better connection? try different servers? have been in 20+ ppl svrs and barely felt the lag and still enjoyed myself..

2- weapons are fine..there are a bunch of guns that work really well..the ggun has to be strong because if your playing someone decent and you miss..you're dead

3- i like the 2 maps...patiently waiting on more..

You have to remember that Deathmatch was just thrown together at the last minute.

Think of it as an Official Mod, just to make you happy and have fun fragging with toilet bowls. Still needs time to really get on it's feet though.

How else do you explain the deficiency? No maps = no time spent. Patience, padawans. :afro:

Must Disagree

orsinijj said:
My impression of this POS valve tries to pawn off on its loyal followers...

1. LAGGY... did they play test it at all??? if more than one person is using a grav gun, it slows to a crawl...

2. Poor weapon balance... the stupid grav gun can propel a chair and kill someone who fires 45 shots into the torso of the thrower with the smg?

3. MAPS - Six years and these two sorry made over from the game maps is all you could come up with??? Come on guys...

I'm going to respectfully disagree with you on this one. I played it over the weekend and enjoyed it very much. I was even online when the game hit the net last week. So far I am very impressed with it and have not suffered too greatly due to my internet connection. Granted, my net is through Comcast and my upload speed is limited to 256kb, but even this seems fast enough to make a few kills.

All in all, several things need to be taken into account before we can claim that a game sux:
1) your computer configuration.
2) your internet access speed.
3) the server that you are attaching to (hardware setup)
4) the server's internet access speed.

Take these into account, and your gaming experience will change accordingly.

Later,
PMHannum

Back