Status
Not open for further replies.

Praz

Reaction score
hiring.gif

iSOURCE DEVELOPMENT HIRING
Spots availible (we are open to all areas, so don't hesitate to apply):
1. Programmer-
We are currently hiring a programmer who will be working along side our other programmers on our SVN server.

2. Weapon Modeler-
We are currenlty hiring positions for weapon modelers. We have 6 weapons left until all of our weapons are finished. It is required that you can UV unwrap your own weapons. Their won't be much reference as it is for the Altair (alien) weapons.

3. Weapon Skinner-
We have spots open for weapon skinners. Their won't be much reference as it is for the Altair (alien) weapons. They have a set color pallete which will help.

4. Prop Modeler-
We are in need of a prop modeler that is able to do both nature AND city props (trees, bridges, rocks, anything). It is required that you can UV unwrap your own models.

5. Mapper-
We are currently looking for two mappers to join Incoming Source. We are getting closer and closer to release and we are hoping to make the map count even higher. If you are talented with both displacements and brush work then please contact iSource Development about a hiring opportunity.

6. Audio Developer-
Currently seeking an audio developer to focus on the audio aspect of our game which will include ambience sounds for levels, dinosaur sounds, as well as other various sounds to help aid us to completion
-----------------
:: Contact Methods :
Email: [email protected]
AIM: Praz1187
MSN: [email protected]
IRC: #incoming-source (GameSurge.net)

Incoming Source Development Media:

Mechagodzilla said:
Check this thread for details on why you suck:

http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=99293
I generally agree with Mecha on mod's that suck. Yours will be no exception.

I just want to reiterate something that was in Mecha's linked thread.

Source
Hi guys!
When I was on the Incoming:Source team I made an ATV model, a marine model and rigged the main character, the trojan, in two weeks time (trust me, I checked my IRC logs) and it all ended up in this:

Session Start: Thu Oct 06 22:24:44 2005
Session Ident: Praz|Sleep
[22:24:44] Session Ident: Praz|Sleep (-)
[22:24:44] <Praz|Sleep> Is the marine UV'ed yet
[22:24:50] <azelito> No
[22:30:01] <Praz|Sleep> Why not
[22:32:02] <azelito> Because I have not UV'ed it
[22:53:17] <Praz|Sleep> Well you need to
[22:53:23] <Praz|Sleep> You haven't done much of anything lately.
[22:54:30] <Praz|Sleep> And if you have a problem with that, let me know.
[22:55:13] <azelito> Uh
[22:55:19] <azelito> I rigged the Trojan...
[22:55:27] <azelito> What do you mean?
[22:55:49] <Praz|Sleep> Fantastic, you now need to UV the marine.
[22:56:05] <azelito> Dude, don't act like that
[22:56:25] <Praz|Sleep> Do not attempt and tell me what to do.
[22:56:32] <azelito> Excuse me, but I will
[22:56:52] <Praz|Sleep> Excuse me, but you won't be hear long if you continue disrespecting and continue carrying that attitude.
[22:57:10] <azelito> That is ridiculous
[22:57:33] <Praz|Sleep> Respect is something that is not ridiculous, you'll learn that when you're older, and if you don't, people won't be as nice as me.
[22:57:55] <Praz|Sleep> If you want to be on Incoming, you need to continue working, not make 2 models, and stop.
[22:58:05] <Praz|Sleep> There is a reason we got so much material done in two months.
[22:58:31] <azelito> Do you think I've been slacking?
[22:58:44] <Praz> I think I have clearly got that message across.
[22:58:54] <azelito> Pretty much yeah, I caught it
[22:59:04] <azelito> You are acting like a prick
[22:59:12] <Praz> Last warning, watch the attitude.
[22:59:13] <azelito> I do not think I want to be a part of this team anymore
[22:59:17] <Praz> Then you are gone.
[22:59:20] <azelito> Thank you
[22:59:29] <azelito> Keep the shit I did for you
[22:59:32] <azelito> I don't want it
[22:59:36] <Praz> you'll get full credit
[22:59:38] <Praz> obviously
[23:02:03] <Praz> When you decide you have more time to work with us, Let me know. If you want.
[23:02:51] <azelito> I think I have spent absolutely enough time with working on Incoming : Source so far and if that is not enough, I have no more to give
[23:04:21] <Praz> What have you been doing that has not given you enough time to UV the marine.
[23:05:31] <azelito> Living a normal life and not devoting all my spare time to Incoming
[23:06:15] <Praz> You really should learn not to be a smart ass.
[23:06:43] <azelito> Likewise
[23:06:56] <Praz> Exactly.
[23:09:07] <Praz> If you shape up and learn some respect, we'd love to have you back. If not, no thank you.
[23:09:53] <azelito> I'm fine like this
[23:09:58] <azelito> I'll just stay out
[23:10:31] <Praz> Suit yourself.
[07:27:19] <azelito> Praz
[07:27:22] <azelito> I changed my mind
[07:27:37] <azelito> I don't want you to use any of my work in Incoming:Source
[07:27:54] <azelito> As in: The ATV, the marine or the trojan rig
Session Close: Fri Oct 07 08:03:06 2005

Please note that I had finished the trojan rig the day before.
Incoming:Source had potential of becoming a great game, but the obvious Halo-ripoffs and the dickhead in charge is ruining everything.
I don't mean to disrespect specific members of the team, the work seems fantasticly done. But egotistical mods that aren't even that great in the first place don't deserve to be so self promoting. :)

However, if you are the Praz in that conversation, I would like to send you a nice, big "F*ck you." I'm assuming you are responsible for the self-promoting egotistical nature of the mod in general, on top of being a dickwad to your team members. I bet you feel like a real managing man, sir.

Oh, and another thing from the thread:

casper05 said:
Spaz really is a pilock. As much as I hate to say this. The character went up to our mod site contacting everyone in our mod site for recruitment to his mod. That didnt matter that fact that we let him use some low detailed models for refrence and then naming it as his own boiled us :flame: . We kept posting on his forums but he kept deleting them...you cant argue with ignorant kids though...

http://dinoinstinct.hl2files.com/mediashots/sp_index.php?file=models/Renders/TRex02.jpg
http://www.incoming-source.net/media_props/inm_trex.jpg
Looks like this mod has stolen content from other mods, too!

Interesting how your website is down, too. What happened there?

Edit: oooh never mind, seems the website is back up.

Looking at your media, I have yet another comment to make:

Good job remaking Halo for the Half Life 2 engine! Didn't want to assume without seeing work before, but it seems like you just don't care that your mod has no originality. :|

I personally don't appreciate you hijacking a thread when it was completly not necessary. To only answer a few of your points, as I do need to get some rest:

1. I don't think you would appreciate it if I were to judge you just based on one instance I gathered from you by either seeing it or reading it. This comes off as shallow as you are not taking the time to fully understand what you are attempting to critisize.

2. Stealing from other mods, no, as the autor is Tim M freely gave us the files and worked with us for a few weeks. The status of Dino Instinct was not active to say the least and he was very much interested with us as I was very much interested in working with him because as you can see he was a very talented individual and a very nice individual. Dino Instinct took note that Tim was interested in joining our modification and some of the DI members spammed our boards (which were deleted, obviously) and then Tim felt to cause less problems was to not stay on our team but let us use all of the references he had as well as any model files. Well, suffice to say, me and him talk almost every day and are talking about some things to tie a few more knots between Incoming Source and him once again.

3. Please, think about this. If I was honestly such a 'pillock' as you call me freely, do you really think all of these very talented individuals would stay with me on the game as there is no pay and no other incentive to stay other than they like the mod or me? There are many other great mods out there that could offer a home, did it occur to you that there were previous encounters and situations that lead to the azelito one that you continue pasting? Perhaps I'm not as bad as you think.

4. Website isn't down, it might be going slow for you, but I've been on the forums all night. Allthough I wouldn't be surprised if it was down... *shakes fist at Webmasters* :)

[EDIT]- I'm not aware of anything halo, if you could please link me to anything on my own media page that is an exact copy of Halo, please make me aware and I will deal with the issue.

Praz said:
I personally don't appreciate you hijacking a thread when it was completly not necessary. To only answer a few of your points, as I do need to get some rest:

1. I don't think you would appreciate it if I were to judge you just based on one instance I gathered from you by either seeing it or reading it. This comes off as shallow as you are not taking the time to fully understand what you are attempting to critisize.

2. Stealing from other mods, no, as the autor is Tim M freely gave us the files and worked with us for a few weeks. The status of Dino Instinct was not active to say the least and he was very much interested with us as I was very much interested in working with him because as you can see he was a very talented individual and a very nice individual. Dino Instinct took note that Tim was interested in joining our modification and some of the DI members spammed our boards (which were deleted, obviously) and then Tim felt to cause less problems was to not stay on our team but let us use all of the references he had as well as any model files. Well, suffice to say, me and him talk almost every day and are talking about some things to tie a few more knots between Incoming Source and him once again.

3. Please, think about this. If I was honestly such a 'pillock' as you call me freely, do you really think all of these very talented individuals would stay with me on the game as there is no pay and no other incentive to stay other than they like the mod or me? There are many other great mods out there that could offer a home, did it occur to you that there were previous encounters and situations that lead to the azelito one that you continue pasting? Perhaps I'm not as bad as you think.

4. Website isn't down, it might be going slow for you, but I've been on the forums all night. Allthough I wouldn't be surprised if it was down... *shakes fist at Webmasters* :)
Got to the website.

Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, despite the two seperate instances. Internet sources can be wary, so I apologize for trusting them over whatever. I have to admit that I certainly trust Mecha over you, though.

I also think that it would be important for anyone who is interested in joining the team to know those things. I'll leave the discrediting of them to you. Citing sources and commenting on them is all that I did.

But it wasn't all that which got to me, it was how your mod is kind of blatently Halo. Didn't mention it in my original unedited post because I wanted to see it for myself, and the website was down. Now that it is back up, well... :|

Edit to your edit:
[EDIT]- I'm not aware of anything halo, if you could please link me to anything on my own media page that is an exact copy of Halo, please make me aware and I will deal with the issue.
Why aren't you just admitting it? I don't understand. You really want me to go through your media page and point out everything that looks like a blatent ripoff and copy of Halo? Fine, give me a second.

Good job remaking Halo for the Half Life 2 engine! Didn't want to assume without seeing work before, but it seems like you just don't care that your mod has no originality.

Can you tell me what makes you think of Halo on the media page?

And about "Originality"...Bah...I'm not going to explain myself twice.

Posted on cdg.net:
I don't get why so many people are flaming us. We are making a mod for all of you guys. We take time out of our busy scheduals to create this amazing game, all for you. I just hope that you all remember that before you flame us for what ever reason you have.

Another note on Originality. What makes a game original? It's very hard to come across an original game these days. All I get from most of the posts I've seen is how we are totally un-original and rip off other games. You could almost take any game and call it a "rip-off". If you think about it, every FPS is the same, just different stories. Everyone Adventure game is the same, just different stories. You get the idea. Of course there are some little details that stick out in each game, that's what makes it unique. And I believe that even though Incoming-Source is just another FPS, it has some pretty amazing details that make it unique in it's own way.

thecraftsman said:
Can you tell me what makes you think of Halo on the media page?

And about "Originality"...Bah...I'm not going to explain myself twice.

Posted on cdg.net:
I'm currently making an extremely extensive post which will explain my view on how I, and lots of other people, seem to believe that a lot of the content is blatently ripping of Halo. You are really astounding me here by acting so innocent.

And I'd like to point out that having an original mod concept, and copying original content so directly from other games are completely different things.

I'd like to also add that the mod's egotistical nature also pissed me off.

Why do you guys care so damn much? It's going to be an amazing game to play when it's released. I just don't get people.

All we wanted to do in this thread was advertise positions open on our team. And now we have Mr. Extensive writing a full report on our mod...which isn't even released yet...haha I just dont get it.

thecraftsman said:
Why do you guys care so damn much? It's going to be an amazing game to play when it's released. I just don't get people.
Because I respect those who make original concepts and disrepect those who steal them.
Because you people seem to think that saying "How does it look like Halo?? Oh my gawsh, we DIDN'T NOTICE!!" is okay.
Because saying that is dishonest and obnoxious. And you are lying.
Because people will play your mod thinking that they might be playing a Halo remake.
Because it displays unoriginality, lack of creativity, and a lack of respect.

I was actually looking foward to the extensive write up which was also going to showcase images..... is that still coming?

All I get from most of the posts I've seen is how we are totally un-original and rip off other games

You know, if the majority of posts I saw were in that vein, then I'd start taking them seriously. You can't tell your potential audience that their opinions are wrong.

We are just asking them to back them up, but he said he was going to write that extensive overview so we are wating patiently and hopefully can ease his mind by answering any concerns he may bring up.

Praz said:
I was actually looking foward to the extensive write up which was also going to showcase images..... is that still coming?
Yeah, its kind of hard to compile since your website doesn't have all the screenshots that I remember seeing around hl2.net. I'm also linking you up with screenshots from Halo, so that's taking some time, too.

What's so entertaining?

By the way, I'm not going to download or play your mod.

Interesting how your website is down, too. What happened there?

Edit: oooh never mind, seems the website is back up.

Good job remaking Halo for the Half Life 2 engine! Didn't want to assume without seeing work before, but it seems like you just don't care that your mod has no originality.

When I read that, I pick up you just tried the website and when it worked, the media page is where you went and then you based what you wrote on what you saw, I am just asking what you saw.

Our website, www.incoming-source.net (The official website of the game) is the best representation of the content included in the game. Other outlets and sources may be considered void at this present time and date. What you see on the site is what can be interpreted as still 'Incoming Source'.

Praz said:
When I read that, I pick up you just tried the website and when it worked, the media page is where you went and then you based what you wrote on what you saw, I am just asking what you saw.

Our website, www.incoming-source.net (The official website of the game) is the best representation of the content included in the game. Other outlets and sources may be considered void at this present time and date. What you see on the site is what can be interpreted as still 'Incoming Source'.
I'm using content that you posted in previous "update" threads and various content for Halo found with google image search.

There's just so much!!

Hello,

First, you said you hadn't seen content and waited until their website was up before judging.

Then, you said you finally got on the website and judged them according to what you saw there.

Now, you say will provide images from possibly outdated sources just to make a point instead of saying exactly what you saw on their website (as you STATED)?

That's just sad dude.

Anyway, rock on Incoming Source, the people who matter do notice the hard work put in this project which is why you get so talented members for help.

I'd imagine people would be less eager to bash others' hard work and obvious talent and skill just by claiming there's "no originality" when the same people are gagging over the various ww2, ww1, modern warfare, zombie modifications and other such projects - which I have nothing against and love just as much when they showcase dedication and/or talent.

Al3xand3r said:
Hello,

First, you said you hadn't seen content and waited until their website was up before judging.

Then, you said you finally got on the website and judged them according to what you saw there.

Now, you say will provide images from possibly outdated sources just to make a point instead of saying exactly what you saw on their website (as you STATED)?

That's just sad dude.

Anyway, rock on Incoming Source, the people who matter do notice the hard work put in this project which is why you get so talented members for help.

I'd imagine people would be less eager to bash others' hard work and obvious talent and skill just by claiming there's "no originality" when the same people are gagging over the various ww2, ww1, modern warfare, zombie modifications and other such projects - which I have nothing against and love just as much when they showcase dedication and/or talent.
Hello,

You assume a lot. I did a lot of research on this mod because I wanted to know if it was actually a Halo ripoff or not. I looked at their website, saw a lot of content theft, and decided to look at some more sources. Which were ALL threads posted by Praz on this very website. Thanks for your concern and insults, though. :thumbs:

I'm not the only one who sees the obvious Halo content that was marked as their own. Read some of their other threads in this very forum.

And I never did say that the team members didn't do hard work. I actually made it a point not to insult the team members, who, in my opinion, are highly talented.

And once again, you seem to think that I am bashing this mod in the same way that I would bash yet another WWII or zombie mod which is unoriginal only in gameplay. The unoriginality I am referring to is the lack of original content and the theft of Halo content.

So here ya go, a guide to I:S content vs. Halo content.

I:S "Master Chief" & "Spartans" vs. Halo "Trojans"
Arguably the worst ripoff you have

Incoming: Source versions:
Old concept art
Hands
"Trojans"
This post, mostly the first two rows.

Halo versions:
Concept Art
"Spartan"

I:S "Armored Alien" vs Halo "Elite"
I see no difference

Incoming: Source version:
Alien-marine-thing

Halo version:
"Elite"
"Elite"

I:S "Gladiator" vs. Halo "Warthog"
Not quite as bad, but worth mentioning

"Gladiator"

Halo version:
"Warthog"

I:S "Gun" vs Halo "Battle Rifle"
The same gun with a different top

Gun, 1st Person view
Gun, unskinned render
Gun, render 2

Halo version:
Bad picture "Battle Rifle"
Halo 1 "Battle Rifle"
"Battle Rifle" render

Looks so very, very similar. I couldn't find any good pictures of a Halo 2 screenshot in first person view to compare to the 1st person I:S. The renders, I'll admit, are pretty different, but you can still see the resemblance. Its the first person that really gets to me.

There are plenty more examples, but I went through only the most apparant ones. Things like your wraith concept vs. Halo's "Banshee".

Wow, it looks like you even admitted to it yourselves. PC Zone's only real comment about you was that you "weren't Halo."

Hell, I'm not saying that your media is not impressive. I'm just saying that the majority of it is a blatent rip off of Halo.

(By the way, I had to edit one of the links because for some reason it was blocked here)

To be honest... why not just call your mod Halo: Battle for <Fill-in-later> or something? It would save a lot of headaches and slandering instead of going "OMG THESE IDEAS R ALL ORIGINAL!11"

Ackart The Fox said:
To be honest... why not just call your mod Halo: Battle for <Fill-in-later> or something? It would save a lot of headaches and slandering instead of going "OMG THESE IDEAS R ALL ORIGINAL!11"
Because that invites a cease and desist letter.

---

@Erestheux: Nothing on that list is conclusive if compared one against the other, but if you take the sum of its parts it slightly saddening to see that people who obviously have a lot of talent are working on a game that cannot deny its creative roots in Halo. What I mean by this is that by combining a similar armoured soldier, a slightly similar armoured alien soldier, a slightly similar weapon, and a buggy (which I don't think is that similar at all); you're essentially left with Halo + dinosaurs. Now, if the same renovative abilities were spent working on inspirations taken from several sources (A) people might be more inclined to play it and (B) you'd be in the same position as most creative minds in the entertainment industries. Film-makers don't get hung, drawn and quartered for including similar scenes to films that have liked and been inspired by, but carbon copy remakes actually don't get released. Most publishers won't go near them - they're the creative equivalent of the leper.

-Crispy- said:
Because that invites a cease and desist letter.

---

@Erestheux: Nothing on that list is conclusive if compared one against the other, but if you take the sum of its parts it slightly saddening to see that people who obviously have a lot of talent are working on a game that cannot deny its creative roots in Halo. What I mean by this is that by combining a similar armoured soldier, a slightly similar armoured alien soldier, a slightly similar weapon, and a buggy (which I don't think is that similar at all); you're essentially left with Halo + dinosaurs. Now, if the same renovative abilities were spent working on inspirations taken from several sources (A) people might be more inclined to play it and (B) you'd be in the same position as most creative minds in the entertainment industries. Film-makers don't get hung, drawn and quartered for including similar scenes to films that have liked and been inspired by, but carbon copy remakes actually don't get released. Most publishers won't go near them - they're the creative equivalent of the leper.

Halo UT got along pretty well. Remeber, Bungie is the same company that released all it's old FPS games for free. They're not as Nazitastic as say, some other companies. Same with Capcom.

Hehe, i love originality of mod teams...especially incoming-source.

Halo warthog (thank you for that link Yuri)
Incoming-source definatley not warthog thing

Really...thats just...the same. I've got a feeling they might have taken this vehicle out now, i hope so anyway, because the likeliness is too extreme, but if they did it, only reinforces the fact they know the mod is a rip-off really.

You know, I actually don't give a shit about the Halo plagarism. I really don't care. What gets me is:

- The stupidity of some of the story's conceits. Dinosaurs exist on the other planet...because no meteor wiped them out? So every single life-supporting planet is identical to earth, with exactly the same lifeforms evolving regardless of the fact that the planets aren't linked in any way at all? And where exactly does it explain the use of modern day weapons?

- It's a mishmash. People have said this alreayd before but it really is like you guys thought 'wow, let's make a mod!' 'Erm, k. What shall we do?' 'Well...what about marines vs aliens in cool outdoor environments?' 'Wow, that's a great idea. How about vehicles as well?' 'Right on! And DINOSAURS!' 'Yeah, that's rad!' 'And let's put in some modern weapons because CS is popular right now!' It just seems to me like you could be forgiven if you'd actually gone out of your way to make a totally crazy mod with everything in it (see Incoming: Shens and/or Gunman Chronicles) and not taken yourselves too seriously - 'it's the FUTURE and GIANT ROBOTS and SPACE COWBOYS face off against ALIENS of all kinds and DINOSAURS!'

- The confrontation and egotistical style of the modders. What possibly unreliable internet sources, ex-modders with grudges and IRC logs tell us is backed up by the behaviour of Praz and others on forums. Condescending, arrogant, annoying, highly confrontation - anyone slags you off and go you at their throats or laugh at them. Stop acting like you're the ****ing king of everything. Although to your credit you appear to have toned it down lately, especially in this thread. Now you might say 'lol Sulkdodds, you're the one being arrogant here! You guys are the ones being confrontational!' It's true - you just started a thread to hire people and you get flames. But it's people's job to flame you if they think it's necessary. You're the modder. You just make stuff. It's the task of everybody else to throw shit and rotten tomatoes at you as they see fit. And as has been noted, you might pay more attention to the fact that the first post in this thread is someone telling you that you suck.

I do, however, respect the fact that you guys have got so much content done. As for the fate of Incoming Source? Time will tell, I guess.

I got to the part where the armored futuristic soldier was called a Spartan and choked on my sandwich. Now I'm dead.

Thanks, Incoming Source.

I:S "Master Chief" & "Spartans" vs. Halo "Trojans"
Arguably the worst ripoff you have

We have already announced that we have scrapped that model and a new model is currently being developed.

I:S "Armored Alien" vs Halo "Elite"
I see no difference

The only thing that might resemble anything here is the neck.

I:S "Gladiator" vs. Halo "Warthog"
Not quite as bad, but worth mentioning

No longer being used in iS.

I:S "Gun" vs Halo "Battle Rifle"
The same gun with a different top

This is what really got me. That "gun", a FN-2000, is a real life weapon.
http://www.fnherstal.com/html/F2000/F2000D.gif
http://www.incoming-source.net/media_weapons/inm_fn.jpg

And for the record. I hated Halo and never played more than a hour of it.

thecraftsman said:
We have already announced that we have scrapped that model and a new model is currently being developed.
Didn't catch that announcement. I'd love to see the new model. How much has been changed?
The only thing that might resemble anything here is the neck.
That's a load of bullshit, they look exactly the same. You cannot deny that your version looks only like a more muscular Halo "Elite."
No longer being used in iS.
Cool, are you replacing it or what?
Didn't know that. I will then assume that Halo's Battle Rifle is based on the FN-2000. There is a definate similarity between the two.
And for the record. I hated Halo and never played more than a hour of it.
Why does this matter?

If it is no longer in your mod, then please take down any media containing the "Trojan" and "Gladiator." I realize that a lot of it that was posted was hosted using Imageshack... but I'm pretty sure you can still delete it. Or make it more apparant somewhere that you have scrapped these things. (I see that the old "concept" art and the hands are still hosted by your website.)

If you get rid of these things then I see no problem whatsoever, save one. In the future... why don't you just admit that your old content is a complete ripoff of Halo? It would be so much nicer if you guys just admitted it, and said something to the affect of
"Yeah, when we started out we used a lot of Halo content, but now we are moving away from that with all-new, original content. Sorry for that."
Instead, you deny any likeness to Halo at all, and brush over the fact that you did, indeed, do it in the past. I would respect you all a lot more if you just admitted it. Even PC Zone mostly touched on the subject that your (now old) content looks EXACTLY like Halo.

Praz said:

Not only did you fail to explain why you treat your members like such shit, you avoided the point and gave an untrue answer. There wasn't just one instance, there have been various ex-members who have said you knowingly/deliberately broke IP copyright, were treated badly and unfairly and threw away good work.

This mod has so much potential but has gained a bad reputation from a terrible leader, awful managment and blatant IP violations which will be hard to shake off.

You put a Warthog and the goddamn master chief in all but the latest versions of your mod and still said, with a straight face, that it had nothing to do with Halo.
I think that makes you the unreliable internet source.

Praz said:
If I was honestly such a 'pillock' as you call me freely, do you really think all of these very talented individuals would stay with me on the game as there is no pay and no other incentive to stay other than they like the mod or me?

What that indicates to me is that most of your team are reprehensible pillocks as well. Case in point:

thecraftsman said:

All we wanted to do in this thread was advertise positions open on our team. And now we have Mr. Extensive writing a full report on our mod...which isn't even released yet...haha I just dont get it. [...] This is entertaining :LOL:

It's true, you don't get it.
Apparently you haven't realized that your team is on damage control.
Being an ass doesn't help you out of the mess that has clearly forced you to redo half your concepts.

***Laughs*** :LOL: hahaha :LOL: *laugh**

:|

is praz the leader? i have him on msn and he seems really nice.

Well , to be honest. I think this mod will be awsome , and very fun. Although some things may look like halo, i still appreciate that they are taking there time to make a great mod for all of us to play. Taking time of work , school , their lives to volunteer to a make a mod.
If they make a post, and you say that stuff about them , you might be putting people off , who would love to join the team.
If your going to complain about it , its not very a good idea to do it in a "recruiting thread".
I hope they continue with the mod , even though Erestheux pointed out that it was a "rip off" i dont mind if its a bit like halo , hell i dont even mind if it was all about halo.

To answer a few of your questions.

The two guns are nothing alike.
Ours is a real life weapon, the FN 2000. The Halo 2 Battle Rifle is blatantly a modified Famas.

As I previously stated before you typed up that long, unecesary post, the material on the site is a valid representation of what Incoming Source is. Of course those models have been scrapped, put the two and two together, they havent been on the media for a long time and a new, official announcement is included in the next media update. I might even have to bold it...

The aliens are nothing alike. The armor as well as the aliens themselves are much different. The Halo 2 Elites are of course very beasty and animalistic. The Altair in Incoming Source are very elegeant with very smooth and royal armor. Their faces are much more bird like as well (no beaks though).

The Halo Warthog was of course scrapped. Although we were granted permission, it became very much apparent that we might as well create our own designs,which we have. The 'Gladiator', which will replace the Warthog can be found on our media page currently.

When we did have halo-'related' material, we gave full credit to Bungie for the Warthog as we have for the past 4 years. The design was theres, everything was theres, it only exists because of them so of course we gave them permission. The only other similarity was the human model, which you may notice that any images containing them haven't been on the media page for some time. We always agreed to the fact that we had halo related material, we mentioned bungie several times.

Soon you will be seeing the new player model as well as a re-design of the old one as well as the new model of our 'Gladiator' which is to replace the Warthog.

All in good time.

Also, I noticed crackhead posting :) hello.
If you ask anyone that actually talks to me one on one on any of the chat clients i use, you would hear plenty of responses like that. What I am saying is, don't be shallow and judge, and everyone would feel alot more appreciated . Take the time to get to know someone, you might be surprised.
David.

I'm going to have to support Praz on this one - just a little bit. I had the chance to get to know him for a few weeks a while ago, and he really isn't anything like what that irc log suggests. Instead of jumping to conclusions like "omg u were rude once you must be a prick 4EVER", try to get the facts straight. Yes, Praz demands the best out of his team, and that can't be all that bad with the pace and quality of the work they are churning out.

And as to the Halo stuff - stop defending them, they ARE halo kthxbai.

The two guns are nothing alike.
Ours is a real life weapon, the FN 2000. The Halo 2 Battle Rifle is blatantly a modified Famas.
The two guns look very, very much alike only in first person view. You can deny this if you want, but I saw a lot of similarity. But whatever, that doesn't much bother me, so I won't mention this particular example any more.

As I previously stated before you typed up that long, unecesary post, the material on the site is a valid representation of what Incoming Source is. Of course those models have been scrapped, put the two and two together, they havent been on the media for a long time and a new, official announcement is included in the next media update. I might even have to bold it...
Take down your old media from imageshack. And please do bold the fact that it isn't in your mod any more, and soon. I found my post completely neccesary because you weren't clear enough in stating that you scrapped most of your old Halo content. Instead of simply saying "Yeah, we used to steal Halo content, but we changed" when accused of stealing Halo content, you asked "Where is there Halo content?"

The aliens are nothing alike. The armor as well as the aliens themselves are much different. The Halo 2 Elites are of course very beasty and animalistic. The Altair in Incoming Source are very elegeant with very smooth and royal armor. Their faces are much more bird like as well (no beaks though).
Oh, come ON dude! The simple fact that you have to point out detailed differences between the two proves that they are almost identical! Do I have to IMG post the two?

I:S
inm_conc_altw.jpg

Halo
elite.jpg

The Halo Warthog was of course scrapped. Although we were granted permission, it became very much apparent that we might as well create our own designs,which we have. The 'Gladiator', which will replace the Warthog can be found on our media page currently.
Okay whatever. Good luck.

When we did have halo-'related' material, we gave full credit to Bungie for the Warthog as we have for the past 4 years. The design was theres, everything was theres, it only exists because of them so of course we gave them permission. The only other similarity was the human model, which you may notice that any images containing them haven't been on the media page for some time. We always agreed to the fact that we had halo related material, we mentioned bungie several times.
For the Warthog you gave credit, but what about the Spartan, which was the worst ripoff that you have? It wasn't "Halo-related material," either, it was simply Halo material. And it took a lot of doing for you to mention that you had Halo related content, and you used to deny this.

Soon you will be seeing the new player model as well as a re-design of the old one as well as the new model of our 'Gladiator' which is to replace the Warthog.
I actually do look forward to it. The modellers in your team seem to be very talented.

Also, I noticed crackhead posting :) hello.
If you ask anyone that actually talks to me one on one on any of the chat clients i use, you would hear plenty of responses like that. What I am saying is, don't be shallow and judge, and everyone would feel alot more appreciated . Take the time to get to know someone, you might be surprised.
David.
Sure.

I'm only saying, when people say "You steal things from Halo!" you will deserve it. You shouldn't respond by saying "No we don't, how?!" you should instead say "Look at this announcement, we used to use Halo content, but we have since discarded it and have all-new content, check it out."

And those aliens are very, very similar.

SixThree said:
I'm going to have to support Praz on this one - just a little bit. I had the chance to get to know him for a few weeks a while ago, and he really isn't anything like what that irc log suggests. Instead of jumping to conclusions like "omg u were rude once you must be a prick 4EVER", try to get the facts straight. Yes, Praz demands the best out of his team, and that can't be all that bad with the pace and quality of the work they are churning out.

And as to the Halo stuff - stop defending them, they ARE halo kthxbai.
Praz, I apologize for my initial accusations, then, in relation to the IRC guy. But I still stand by the Halo debate.

crackhead said:
dont you get bored of writing these huge essays of quotes.
Naa, gives me excuse not to do the huge amount of homework and essays that are due tomorrow :(

that alien concept doesent even look like an elite erestheux your on crack!
anyways ill be childish about everything:D

this mod looks awesome. this team has some talented modders praz is a pretty nice guy imo being on his forums for awhile. and y is mechagodzilla judgeing this mod? doesent he have to worry about his own mods? anyways i hope you guys the best of luck.

oh yeah f--- the haters!

oh yeah Erestheux dont oyu have a life man? how long oyu spend on gettin all that stuff written up :S well im off to the gym there better be some nice words when i get back.

ps. i applied for a cconcept art position but was turned down :( me soo sad!

armanguy said:
anyways ill be childish about everything:D
Yeah, that's pretty much how I remember you.

I don't see how the similarities between the alien and the Halo elite can be disputed.

And posting 15 times in off-topic or making a large post here doesn't seem like so much of a difference to me. Have you ever been in the politics forum?

haha if they turned you down then their idiots. although they probally asked you to draw a dinosaur and you drew a naked muscular man. hah! just noticed your sig so an additional hah! to my previous one.

I'd just like to say, although having played Halo only once, that I find both character concepts quite different. For instance, the Halo helmet has most of it's structure behind/on top of the head, while the Incoming helmet has it sticking out in the front.

The armor has a few similarities, nothing shocking.

To be honest, I can't wait for this mod to be out just to shoot things. Being a Halo knockoff might be a glaring flaw, but it'll be fun to laugh at when the mod comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back