Incoming Source - Hiring Talent

Status
Not open for further replies.
crackhead said:
haha if they turned you down then their idiots. although they probally asked you to draw a dinosaur and you drew a naked muscular man. hah! just noticed your sig so an additional hah! to my previous one.

this is what praz told me:
Sorry, I've been busy and out of sorts.

We are going for a less cartoony / more realistic approach for our concepts.

If you can provide anything of that sort, please post here.

Thanks again, sorry for the delay.

but i didnt know what they wanted so i didnt bother, praz seems like a nice guy to me. dont know why everyones bitin his ass:|

Yeah, that's pretty much how I remember you.

I don't see how the similarities between the alien and the Halo elite can be disputed.

And posting 15 times in off-topic or making a large post here doesn't seem like so much of a difference to me. Have you ever been in the politics forum?

do i look like a guy that would get involved in politics. ahahhaha

the alien doesent look like the halo elite at all i dont know what youve been smokin man theres just both aliens with the same body sturcture thats all.

desty said:
I'd just like to say, although having played Halo only once, that I find both character concepts quite different. For instance, the Halo helmet has most of it's structure behind/on top of the head, while the Incoming helmet has it sticking out in the front.

The armor has a few similarities, nothing shocking.
...:|

The fact that you had to point out such a minor detail proves my point. Obviously it isn't an exact replica, but it is so alike that it is almost indistinguishable.

armanguy said:
the alien doesent look like the halo elite at all i dont know what youve been smokin man theres just both aliens with the same body sturcture thats all.
Same body structure, same head, same armor configuration, similar chest area, similar hands.

Ugh. Whatever. Screw it.

i read this whole thread and i think everyones just hatin on this mod.
imo this is one of the best mod being developed beside insurgency forsaken and dystopia.

I think all he really wants (other than to troll some guys who made themselves vulnerable to it) is for them to say "Yes, we got our inspiration from Halo at first, now we are doing our own thing."

they did say that alot its inspired by halo but there goin there own way now

Holy gavel, I'm ill for four days and this happens.

My two pence. I:S has some VERY talented members, and some high quality work. But Praz is the epitomy of ideas man, and unless he changes his attitude (look at the pasted IRC conversation, and all manner of other posts he's made on many a forum), I'd never work under him, and I'd urge other people to think twice before hopping aboard.

-Angry Lawyer

I have a hard time finding my way through the mod and its leaders inflated ego everytime I visit the website. Which isn't very often. :|

armanguy said:
they did say that alot its inspired by halo but there goin there own way now

Then everyone should be happy now.

Have some ice cream.

Hi guys!
When I was on the Incoming:Source team I made an ATV model, a marine model and rigged the main character, the trojan, in two weeks time (trust me, I checked my IRC logs) and it all ended up in this:

Session Start: Thu Oct 06 22:24:44 2005
Session Ident: Praz|Sleep
[22:24:44] Session Ident: Praz|Sleep (-)
[22:24:44] <Praz|Sleep> Is the marine UV'ed yet
[22:24:50] <azelito> No
[22:30:01] <Praz|Sleep> Why not
[22:32:02] <azelito> Because I have not UV'ed it
[22:53:17] <Praz|Sleep> Well you need to
[22:53:23] <Praz|Sleep> You haven't done much of anything lately.
[22:54:30] <Praz|Sleep> And if you have a problem with that, let me know.
[22:55:13] <azelito> Uh
[22:55:19] <azelito> I rigged the Trojan...
[22:55:27] <azelito> What do you mean?
[22:55:49] <Praz|Sleep> Fantastic, you now need to UV the marine.
[22:56:05] <azelito> Dude, don't act like that
[22:56:25] <Praz|Sleep> Do not attempt and tell me what to do.
[22:56:32] <azelito> Excuse me, but I will
[22:56:52] <Praz|Sleep> Excuse me, but you won't be hear long if you continue disrespecting and continue carrying that attitude.
[22:57:10] <azelito> That is ridiculous
[22:57:33] <Praz|Sleep> Respect is something that is not ridiculous, you'll learn that when you're older, and if you don't, people won't be as nice as me.
[22:57:55] <Praz|Sleep> If you want to be on Incoming, you need to continue working, not make 2 models, and stop.
[22:58:05] <Praz|Sleep> There is a reason we got so much material done in two months.
[22:58:31] <azelito> Do you think I've been slacking?
[22:58:44] <Praz> I think I have clearly got that message across.
[22:58:54] <azelito> Pretty much yeah, I caught it
[22:59:04] <azelito> You are acting like a prick
[22:59:12] <Praz> Last warning, watch the attitude.
[22:59:13] <azelito> I do not think I want to be a part of this team anymore
[22:59:17] <Praz> Then you are gone.
[22:59:20] <azelito> Thank you
[22:59:29] <azelito> Keep the shit I did for you
[22:59:32] <azelito> I don't want it
[22:59:36] <Praz> you'll get full credit
[22:59:38] <Praz> obviously
[23:02:03] <Praz> When you decide you have more time to work with us, Let me know. If you want.
[23:02:51] <azelito> I think I have spent absolutely enough time with working on Incoming : Source so far and if that is not enough, I have no more to give
[23:04:21] <Praz> What have you been doing that has not given you enough time to UV the marine.
[23:05:31] <azelito> Living a normal life and not devoting all my spare time to Incoming
[23:06:15] <Praz> You really should learn not to be a smart ass.
[23:06:43] <azelito> Likewise
[23:06:56] <Praz> Exactly.
[23:09:07] <Praz> If you shape up and learn some respect, we'd love to have you back. If not, no thank you.
[23:09:53] <azelito> I'm fine like this
[23:09:58] <azelito> I'll just stay out
[23:10:31] <Praz> Suit yourself.
[07:27:19] <azelito> Praz
[07:27:22] <azelito> I changed my mind
[07:27:37] <azelito> I don't want you to use any of my work in Incoming:Source
[07:27:54] <azelito> As in: The ATV, the marine or the trojan rig
Session Close: Fri Oct 07 08:03:06 2005

Please note that I had finished the trojan rig the day before.
Incoming:Source had potential of becoming a great game, but the obvious Halo-ripoffs and the dickhead in charge is ruining everything.

This is not leader material. I'm saying nothing against the team, but Praz...

Thanks for the concern Ennui...but that has been addressed many times and there have even been responses from other people as well about that :)

(goes to your post as well Angry Lawyer).

Praz said:
Thanks for the concern Ennui...but that has been addressed many times and there have even been responses from other people as well about that :)

No offense meant here, but simply stating "This has already been addressed." kind of says that you don't have much proof against it. I mean, these are pretty strong accusations against you, with pretty solid and hard proof. You would think that you'd go out of your way to explain to us why we are wrong about you instead of saying "Pfft, can't be arsed to explain myself... its already been proven wrong!" I mean, I know I would.

Just because somebody in this thread said you are a "nice guy" doesn't mean that the IRC log right there didn't happen, or is misunderstood.

Sounds like the same exact mentality you have with your Halo stolen content. Repeating yourself for different people is helpful to them. Example:
Praz shoulda in the beginning said:
We used to have Halo content, but we scrapped that for much more original content. We apologize.
Praz shoulda said:
I was having a bad day and later apologized for being an ass // The log is a fabrication because that guy has a vendetta against the team // The IRC log is completely out of context // Whatever truth behind this that will disprove that I am a jerk.

Back up your statements, it doesn't take all that long.

Note: Welcome to a glimpse of the future. After the politics forum is gone, every thread will be like this - and that's in the best-case scenario. D:

Praz said:

Addressing something doesn't mean it's no longer an issue.

What's your strategy, to just post 'yawwwwwwwwwwwwn' until the thread gets closed?

Sulks, it isn't worth questioning crackheads logic. Crackhead will you consider donating your body to science, because what we would find in your head could revolutionize the theory of evolution.

sure. ive already put down that if i die the hospital can take my lungs. i smoke alot.

crackhead:

When your posts get deleted (as is happening more and more frequently these days), you can take it as a pretty major hint that that particulr comment wasn't welcome. Therefore, posting it again probably isn't the brightest of moves. You're going to get banned if you keep it up.

wasnt welcome? firstly i thought we all had the right to speak freely. i wasnt abusive. i hadnt realised it had been deleted. it was a fair point to make as the same things are be said over and over again. i would also like to make a point of my value to this forum particuly to xsi users.

crackhead said:
i thought we all had the right to speak freely. .

You thought wrong. WE CAN'T SAY ANYTHING WEZ ALL GONA DIE!!!!1

Posting "yawwwwwwwwwwwwn" is spam. If you're not contributing to the discussion, shut up. Your "value" in other forum sections is irrelevant.

its not spam i was makign a point that this thread is getting old.

Yes it is. If you feel that the thread is "getting old", then stop reading it. Are you expecting people upon reading your post to suddenly stop and think "you know what? He's absolutely right! I've been wasting all this time and just didn't know it!"
Point made. Warning Given. Subject not open to debate.

I've never agreed with pi more...

but I still stand by my stance that overall there are some individuals here that are far too harsh at people posting help wanted threads... We all had that time where we were ignorant to development hindrances and were nothing but idealistic.. and I think when I was at that stage I was the happiest :)

Pi dont talk to crackhead like that his probably th funniest guys on this forums if he got banned i think a piece of the forum would leave with him! the funny part:p

to be fair to crackhead - this thread should have been closed because it has become so derailed...the very first message knocked it off kilter.

A discussion looking for team members should be just that...Generally people are told to keep discussions on topic but thats not the case here...

I don't think there's anything wrong with people presenting factual evidence on a Mod Leader's character, like that IRC log. In this thread Praz has had the chance to clear his name. I think it's important to know what your future 'employer' is going to be like.

In the IRC log, Praz does seem like a prick, but something just doesn't fit in there... I doubt Praz would just lash out to a very promising possible team member when the guy (azelito) just made great models at lightning speed. I think azelito was just a bit slow, and (as you may have noticed) Incoming: Source is a mod that wants high quality work at high speed. It's not irrational, as we can see from the many updates we had a few months ago. Praz was probably just warning the guy that he better do it faster (azelito may have had something come in between) or he might not be accepted into the mod. All Praz was trying to do was to make sure if azelito was I:S material, because kicking out a team member is never a fun experience.

Oh, and I don't care about the whole Halo debate :p

LITTLE JIMMY'S FORUM ADVENTURE
by Darksabre​

"Hey Jimmy, what are you up to today?"

"Oh hey Dad, those danged Incoming Source people need members...I hate them so much I'm going to flame them"

"That's a great idea son, might I help"

"Oh sure Dad, that would be superb...yep I just posted, that will teach them for asking for help"

"Did you remember to complain and niggle about their media"

"Oh no Dad I didn't! I must correct myself right away and say their voluntary and hard worked on models and maps are nothing but junk and unoriginal"

"Wait son, everything is unoriginal these days, it's just become a bunch of tired out genres...but then again this is a mod! Therefore the people sacrificing their free time to bring us this must be punished for their lack of originality. Go ahead!"

*A few hours later*

"How's it going now son?"

"Oh their leader replied...so I have to think of a larger comeback and provide more evidence of their folly"

"Damn son, but remember...what did flaming and generally being a smartass on a forum every achieve?"

"Does...it...give me a bigger e-penis and manages to inflate my ego into the ozone layer?"

"Spot on son, spot on. Now you continue to crush their ideas and hopes to make you a fun free product, and make sure you dishearten them enough that they just give up."

"Will do Dad, thanks for the help"

What a great story...don't you think...OH WAIT! OH GOD! It seems my characters are based on Troy Mclure and that kid from the Simpsons. Someone flame me quick for my blatant stealing!!!

I can't stop laughing Darksabre :p

armanguy said:
Pi dont talk to crackhead like that his probably th funniest guys on this forums if he got banned i think a piece of the forum would leave with him! the funny part:p

Oh yeah, yeah he is real funny! He really amuses all with his cracking jokes and on the ball humour! Yeah!

Great asset to the forum!

That's armanguy's standard for comedy though.

Last time I checked, he thought it was gut-bustingly hilarious to throw popcorn at children in theatres.

You missed the part where he got into a fight afterword. Thats like. So L33T.

Mechagodzilla said:
That's armanguy's standard for comedy though.

Last time I checked, he thought it was gut-bustingly hilarious to throw popcorn at children in theatres.
Bwaha owned.

*cries* i wish i was big and strong liek you samon.

p.s whaat exactly do you bring to the forum apart from ignorance? when have you ever helped someone with a problem related to modding. do you even have any skills?

I think I agree.

Crackhead, you're only adding more credence to my theory that Dinosaur Halo: Source fans are largely jerks.

I have a unique skill called Banning. Would you like me to demonstrate?
I mean, ho har, I haven't helped someone when it comes to modding...surely my forum respect is going to plummet?

But as Ennui said, this thread needs to halt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back