• Infamous

Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Prototype

Votes: 60 70.6%

• Total voters

Rizzo

Tank
Reaction score
So? What do I get? Prototyp aint even out yet though. I haven't even read any reviews.
Im asking you. What whould you get? Don't make this into a Ps3 vs Xbox thing though. I know Infamous is PS3 exclusive. But imagine here you had one.

I love Infamous but have yet to play Prototype

so do what you want with that

Well then... Let's Idle this thread till you have.

Is it out in America yet? It isn't here at least.

I was watching one of my friends play Infamous at his house when another of my friends was out buying Prototype. It looked quite good, but it seemed like it could get repetitive very fast.

From what I've gathered... infamous is prototype with electricity attacks, and prototype is infamous with mutant arm attacks. Right?

people were asking for Prototype but didn't see it at work. wonder if it has been released or not yet

From what I've gathered... infamous is prototype with electricity attacks, and prototype is infamous with mutant arm attacks. Right?

No, that's Prototype. We're talking about Prototyp.

But what to get? If only one?

Edit: I ****ing hate you Sheepo. So very much.

I'm going to go rent it, if hollywood vidja has it.

Actually Prototyp is the same thing as Prototype. But in Swedish.

:p

Just went to hollywood video, and they didn't ****in have it.

Those assholes.

Haven't played Infamous. So I guess I get to vote Prototype?

Iv beaten inFamous and played about 3 hours of Prototype today. As much as i compare them before playing ether i gotta say they are 2 VERY VERY VERY different games. The only thing that both got in common is "open world".

inFamous i can tell you immediately has way better mission variety and cool factor. I can only say i truly didnt like 1 mission type in that game. Another thing about it is that it rarely repeated a mission type more then 2 times if any.

So far Prototype is a insanely mindless fun gameplay game and if it wasn't for the story i probably wouldn't like it that much. inFamous surprised the **** out of me with its GREAT ending and story. Lets see if Prototype will do the same.

Again i cant stress enough how different these games are.

I was watching one of my friends play Infamous at his house when another of my friends was out buying Prototype. It looked quite good, but it seemed like it could get repetitive very fast.

Thats exactly where Prototype goes wrong and inFamous goes right.

100% false.

I am so sick of the comparisons between these two games, and it's the recent trend on the internet that's really starting to anger me. I completed Infamous today, and I consider it a great game, and I'm going to play it through again once I'm done with this file. Prototype on the other hand is a mediocre title that became overhyped because hordes Xbox fanboys were so desperate to dismiss Infamous as a good game, because it's an exclusive. If Infamous never came out, or was multiplatform, no one would give a shit about Prototype, and in a few months no one will. I'm not dismissing the game outright, I'm sure plenty of people enjoy it objectively, but the hype around Prototype is entirely unjustified, along with the obsolete Prototype vs Infamous debate that has been spawned because of it.

I am so sick of the comparisons between these two games, and it's the recent trend on the internet that's really starting to anger me. I completed Infamous today, and I consider it a great game, and I'm going to play it through again once I'm done with this file. Prototype on the other hand is a mediocre title that became overhyped because hordes Xbox fanboys were so desperate to dismiss Infamous as a good game, because it's an exclusive. If Infamous never came out, or was multiplatform, no one would give a shit about Prototype, and in a few months no one will. I'm not dismissing the game outright, I'm sure plenty of people enjoy it objectively, but the hype around Prototype is entirely unjustified, along with the obsolete Prototype vs Infamous debate that has been spawned because of it.

I agree with the obsolete Prototype vs Infamous debate but dont dismiss Prototype as your everyday game. The web of intrigue really works and the story moves a long at a very good pace. With that said if it wasn't for the interesting story it would be meh. But story plus hundreds of innocent people getting sliced, ripped, ran over, blow up, stomped on etc etc makes it greater then mediocre SO FAR. Now this is me talking with about 3-4 hours in. I could have an opinion change. inFamous on the other hand has proven itself as a solid 9.0 game.

I've only seen my friend playing Infamous, and heard their opinions on it, and it seems like Prototype would be better. I played an hour and a half of it and loved it. Check out my post in the prototype thread to see my initial thoughts on it.

Wow ... 70% of the people on this board have invalid opinions. Either that or they vote without any knowledge of at least one of the games.

Infamous is a much, much, much better game than Prototype. It's like GTAIV to Saints Row. One is a truly excellent game, the other is good for some mindless fun but overall not that special. I don't want to piss all over Prototype because it's not like it's terrible or anything ... it does its thing a lot better than other open-world games like Saints Row ... but it just ain't in the same league as Infamous.

I find it weird that people are finding less repetition in Infamous than they are in Prototype. The side missions felt very tedious in Infamous for me. I actually started skipping some of them (I'm looking at you surveillance device missions) and most of them were way too easy (the tiny race challenges that had like 3-5 checkpoints). The powers got boring to me quicker, traversing the city isn't fun, wreaking havoc isn't fun and the story was typical until the ending.

Infamous may have more polish and better graphics, but I think Prototype has better content (more of it too) and a much larger fun-factor.

Wow ... 70% of the people on this board have invalid opinions. Either that or they vote without any knowledge of at least one of the games.

Infamous is a much, much, much better game than Prototype. It's like GTAIV to Saints Row. One is a truly excellent game, the other is good for some mindless fun but overall not that special. I don't want to piss all over Prototype because it's not like it's terrible or anything ... it does its thing a lot better than other open-world games like Saints Row ... but it just ain't in the same league as Infamous.

And your opinion is valid?

Fail...

I havn't played Infamous yet, but it does look very good. On the other hand, I find Prototype to be an amazing game, that's INCREDIBLY fun.

How about Red Faction: Guerrilla? I haven't tried any of these games yet, but I've heard that one was good from some people.

I get that they are different games, but I want to know which one is better, since im only getting one.

You mean it's a conflict between pretentious and boring vs fun and entertaining?

Virtually every one I know hated GTA4 (and they have fine taste) and thought it was GTA with the fun sucked out. I'm inclined to agree based on what I've played. I don't see why they can't both be good, even for two different reasons.

They're all on the same level for different reasons IMO.

In Red Faction you can blow buildings up, but it has a rubbish story and world.

In Prototype you can run up buildings and glide through the air at super-human speed, but everything else is lame and uninteresting.

In Infamous your good/bad choices have an effect on the story, but the gameplay isn't quite as insane as the other two.

Yeah, asking a bunch of people which game is better is not going to get you very far I fear. The games each have similarities, but you could also compare them to the Hulk and Spiderman and other such titles just as well.

It comes down to what you like in a game and what will keep your interest. In GTA4, the ability to cause loads of mayhem very quickly keeps me into it, not the story. Was that a fault of the story or a testament to how good the actual gameplay is? Maybe it is both? Either way, do yourself a favor and rent them and then decide. You may not even want to spend the full $60 on either if you beat them and don't feel the urge to do it again....

Wow ... 70% of the people on this board have invalid opinions.

invalid opinions

00000575.jpg

I haven't played either, but while Prototype looks damn fun, Infamous looks absolutely delicious.

Just picked up Infamous. First impression - graphics are pretty weak, the framerate drops alot. Like Uncharted the game doesnt support 1080i/p. Lotsa jaggies and pop-up.

Back