Infinity Ward new title announcement set for 4/28!!

Reaction score
Amazing Things To Happen On April 28th:

1758 - James Monroe, 5th President of the United States is born.

1788 - Maryland becomes the seventh state to ratify the Constitution of the United States.

1932 - A vaccine for yellow fever is announced for use on humans.

(Then nothing really happened for a long time.... but now....)

2007 - What goes down this April 28th is equal to, if not surpasses, the magnitude of any of those.

Link.

Ideas? Everyone on the Internets seems to think it is Call of Duty 4, perhaps a futuristic CoD. Thoughts? Speculation?

Well, we already know there are modern CoD games planned, this could very well be it imo.

If it's modern combat I'm going to renounce all faith in IW that I have :|

One of my friends works there, and while I have no idea what this announcement will entail, I will say I'm excited for whatever it may bring! :D So far, all the good CoD's have come from IW, and I don't expect it to stop.

A CoD game set in the BSG universe?

Call of Duty 4 : Sons of Kobol

Probably just the announcement of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

Call of Duty 4; Call of the Third Reich! I want to be german! Pleeeeease!

28:th of april is the day before my birthday and also the day when I shall go donce my arse of to Trentemoller and get drunk. A date to remember.

Also that game thing is cool I suppose.

28:th of april is the day before my birthday and also the day when I shall go donce my arse of to Trentemoller and get drunk. A date to remember.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_28th

# 1945 - Benito Mussolini and his mistress Clara Petacci are executed by a firing squad consisting of members of the Italian resistance movement.
# 1952 - Dwight D. Eisenhower resigns as Supreme Commander of NATO.
# 1952 - Occupied Japan: The United States occupation of Japan ends.
# 1969 - Charles de Gaulle resigns as President of France.
# 1970 - Vietnam War: U.S. President Richard M. Nixon formally authorizes American combat troops to fight communist sanctuaries in Cambodia.

Turns out a few things did happen on April 28th between 1932 and 2007. Also Jay Leno's birthday is also April 28 so you can maybe call him up, go on a drinking round with him Majestic?

A CoD game set in the BSG universe?

Call of Duty 4 : Sons of Kobol

tb-CANTLISTEN.jpg

Here's hoping they do the Korean conflict. That's never been done properly.

So basically, you're gonna be another wannabe-alcoholic swede just like 95% of our teen-population?:LOL:

Definitely modern Middle Eastern. It's hot right now and IW isn't exactly know for their originality so don't expect Vietnam or Korea or any other war.

Still don't mind it, I want to see a Modern ME game with proper SP, I do wonder how they are going to handle the change of pace.

How is Korea or Vietnam any more original than the middle east? We already have Vietcong series, Conflict Vietnam, Battlefield Vietnam..
For Korea, we have Mercenaries, more I can't count in terms of shooters but still.:p

For Korea, we have Mercenaries, more I can't count in terms of shooters but still.:p
I'm pretty sure they were talking about the Korean War. Hell, that'd be a fun one, especially with the waves of Chinese troops.

How is Korea or Vietnam any more original than the middle east? We already have Vietcong series, Conflict Vietnam, Battlefield Vietnam..

How is it not more original, seeing as those few games are pretty much the only ones ,and Vietnam and Korea, unlike the ME are not constantly in the news and subject of heated debate.

Meh, I'm not looking forward to modern combat but if done right it'll be good. And I know WW2 has been done to death but there is still so much they haven't covered, so many different angles. When are game developers going to move over to the Pacific War in the FPS genre? That messy MOH: Pacific Assault doesn't really count. With games like Crysis coming out there shouldn't be any problem creating jungle islands.

How about thinking outside of the box: the next Call of Duty will focus mainly on multiplayer in stead of SP. Goal based gameplay with spectacular cinematic scripted events.

How about thinking outside of the box: the next Call of Duty will focus mainly on multiplayer in stead of SP. Goal based gameplay with spectacular cinematic scripted events.

The single player experience is based off of the multiplayer experience. I think a lot of games will start doing things like this soon (crossplayer). Sounds good to me!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR ANOTHER CALL OF DUTY. NOTHING GETS ME OFF FASTER THAN THE SAME AREAS, FIGHTING WITH THE SAME GUNS AND SEEING THE SAME EFFECTS FOR TWELVE HOURS. THE ONLY THING THAT COULD MAKE IT BETTER WOULD BE IF THEY CHARGED ME FIFTY DOLLARS FOR EACH OF THESE COPY-AND-PASTED GAMES. ****. I JUST CAME.

/sarcasm off.

One of my friends works there, and while I have no idea what this announcement will entail, I will say I'm excited for whatever it may bring! :D So far, all the good CoD's have come from IW, and I don't expect it to stop.

Is Royce still there?

Without clicking the link yet, I'd guess...

Call of Duty 3 for PC?

Aw man, I will be pretty darn disappointed if it's CoD3 for the PC, but who knows? I REALLY hope its either a new IP or CoD4 but the CoD series needs a serious overhaul and hopefully this will be it!

If it is a new single-player fps for PC, then it will be added to my "aquire asap"-list.

.bog.

Call of Duty 4: Spartaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

What? quit looking at me like that.

Bam

IGN said:
Just when you were about ready to run up to the window and yell, "I'm mad as hell at World War II shooters, and I'm not gonna take it anymore!", Activision and developer Infinity Ward are announcing today that the fourth entry in the Call of Duty franchise is moving on from World War II.

The game is not quite ready to be unveiled (the game's debut trailer is being debuted on ESPN during the NFL Draft on Saturday), but the subtitle of the game gives away the new direction: Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is Call of Duty like we've never seen it before. The game looks set to transfer combat operations from WWII to the modern battlefields our soldiers face today.

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/783/783268p1.html

Interesting...

not all that surprising, considering there were 'confirmed' rumours over a year ago about a modern warfare CoD..

Modern or not, I just hope the gameplay gets an extra dose of adrenaline and the level design gets an extra dose of inspiration. :hmph:

I really do hope it's set in modern times. I loved the CoD games, even the cons like the mass amount of scripted sequences - who cares? They look good, they add to the conflict around me if anything - I always enjoyed. Given the depth they put into the games, like weapons, vehicles and the environment, I can't wait to see what they do with (if involved?) the British Army and the equipment they use.

What about the setting, though? Gulf? Iraq-present? Cold War? Looking forward to 28th.

Back