Insider information on Half-Life 2 Steam release

cool down guys, cool down!

if you are going to buy hl2 into stores (and if you are lucky) you have to freeze for not less than 1-4 months - depends on where you live (USA or rest of the world) - coz supposing that Valve cut the finish line in time (i bet not) it needs all that time to translate, ship and spread to worldwide stores a product like this.
'want you bet a beer? :cheers:

Diablo 2 holds the current record for gold status and shipping, eight days I believe. If anyone can beat that, its Valve. I'm thinking five or six days, supposing to comes out on time at all.

It wouldn't be so bad if:

a)Valve would confirm the delay, and
b)They wouldn't keep insisting it was still on for the 30th, such as at ECTS (not even sure if thats the correct acronym :) ).

Originally posted by Frank
Was the original Half-Life delayed?

The original Half Life was delayed for at least 6 months.

I know this because I remeber going to Best Buy the month it was to be out, when I showed up, it was pushed back another month. So I went back to Best Buy the next month, and it was pushed back another month. I remember doing this like 6 times before it actually came out.

HALF LIFE 2 DELAYED OFFICALLY !!!!!

DOug Lombard its offical f*ck valve and the stupid game. it should be boycot these bishes for using use like pawns valve is money hungry geeks ill never by HL2 and hope no1 does after this bs

HL1 was delayed for a year in four month 'shifts.' We need to start worrying if it will be delayed past November (I'm certain the release will be around Nov. 15, since that's the 5-year anniversary of HL1. One of the Valve members even mentioned that 'yeah, it's funny how that works out, isn't it?).

Back