Insurgency 2 Kickstarter

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
ins2-jpg.23664
If you're in to Source mods, you may remember Insurgency as one of the most popular SteamWorks supported mods on Steam from yesteryear. The mod was a fast-paced tactical shooter which reached over 1 million downloads as well as winning mod of the year.

Insurgency 2 is it's sequel but it will be a commercial game developed by the same creators, New World Interactive. The game has been in development for a year already (still on the Source engine), but the team need a financial injection to push the game quality up a notch.

You can check out the kickstarter here or the Insurgency 2 website.

Attachments

• ins2.jpg
    ins2.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 3,803
Yes please. If I had money to spare I'd support them in a heartbeat.

"fast-paced tactical shooter"

I really dislike this combination of terms. The fast paced part really destroys the tactical part. Fast paced games like this end up just being about how fast you can react and how well you can aim, since anonymous online matches aren't going to find any real teamwork and tactics. What does putting in the word 'tactical' even do for it? Isn't any shooter going to be tactical? You use tactics in any game you play.

I dunno, kind of an aimless rant but I just think 'fast paced tactical shooter' is so overused despite having almost no significance anymore. Every multiplayer FPS I see is a 'fast paced tactical shooter'.

True facts Veg. He does describe the gameplay as a mix of Rogue Spear and Day of Defeat though, so hopefully it's just a buzzwords marketing thing rather than a sign of it being hxcore arcade shooter style.

Yeah I admittedly know nothing about this game. Just me being vegeta and having an excuse to rant.

I think going commercial with Insurgency - at least right now - might not be the best choice. Insurgency may be a good game (or at least that's what I've heard), but ultimately, what's going to separate it in people's minds from all the countless other modern military shooters flooding the market these days? What's going to stop them from just going straight to Call of Duty and Battlefield, the established leaders in the genre, instead?

I think going commercial with Insurgency - at least right now - might not be the best choice. Insurgency may be a good game (or at least that's what I've heard), but ultimately, what's going to separate it in people's minds from all the countless other modern military shooters flooding the market these days? What's going to stop them from just going straight to Call of Duty and Battlefield, the established leaders in the genre, instead?
'Cuz it's got a kickstarter! It's an indie effort! Yeah!

ZWsuE.png

0 BACKERS • Limited Reward (4 of 4 remaining)
For $7,200 we will put your face in the game, so that when you are ingame you will appear completely unique in comparison to everyone else. + All previous reward tiers

It really wouldnt be hard to do this your self once the game hit the shelf :/

Back