Insurgency Mod Weapons Showcase

Sulkdodds

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1156284645_head_bush.gif
Yo, Blair! This sucks! This 'war on terror' thang ain't nearly as easy as I been lead to believe. Maybe we should just pull out.[br]
1156284645_blairtg5.gif
Now now there George, hold your horses. I've just discovered this 'Insurgency' thing. It's a mod for the Source engine that, utilising the team's own military experience, aims to simulate modern warfare in global hotspots with utmost realism and a tight focus on team-play. They've just released this array of weapon shots, and I must say it's looking impressive![br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
1156284645_head_bush.gif
Wow! All them guns! And there's more here! This was a great find, Blair! I love the internets![br]
1156284645_blairtg5.gif
I love you, George.[br]
1156284645_head_bush.gif
[br]

:LOL:

Should probably add a thread title, but good post nonetheless.
Looking forward to this mod.

Heh, probably should. Whoops! If someone kind could add 'Insurgency Mod Weapons Showcase' as a title I'd be much obliged.

And Munro - if you delete the pics, don't just chop them out and leave the newspost nonsensical. Take the time to make them smaller, or make it so that the text lines up with them, or replace them with the text 'BUSH' and 'BLAIR' - otherwise it won't make any sense now, will it? :p

What the hell happened there?

This newspost just reposted itself, but really badly. I didn't do it!

Well, post in this thread. This one!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I want this mod like a sterelized vietnamese midget prostitute wants a cure for herpes.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I want this mod like a sterelized vietnamese midget prostitute wants a cure for herpes.

:LOL:

I feel this mod is the next cs in terms of popularity.

if you guys spent half the time you spend making your posts "interesting", you might have been able to post that popcap games are going to be on steam.

PopCap Games Coming To Steam
August 22, 2006, 1:00 pm · Chris Bokitch

Valve®, creators of the Steam broadband gaming platform, and PopCap Games®, the leading developer and publisher of casual games, today announced an agreement to deliver PopCap's games via Steam.

PopCap's titles such as Bejeweled and Zuma are benchmarks of the casual games industry; generating over 175 million downloads and three billion player minutes per month. Steam is the first full-featured broadband platform for the delivery and management of games and digital content, and has pioneered its broadband services to over 10 million customers, generating over six billion player minutes per month, with core titles such as Half-Life® 2 and Counter-StrikeTM.

"The addition of PopCap Games' expansive library of leading casual games is an important step for the growth of Steam and direct distribution channels," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "The benefits of Steam will now be provided to a much wider group of games and game customers. PopCap games by themselves are larger by an order of magnitude than the next-gen consoles online gaming services."

"We know that our games appeal to all gamers, and not just some narrow 'puzzle game' niche," said Bryan Fiete, PopCap's co-founder and Chief Technology Officer. "This is a great opportunity to put our content in front of a large and passionate audience. We're thrilled to be the first casual game publisher to distribute our games via this new channel; we're all Steam users here in the studio, and it's going to be very cool to see our own titles up alongside such awesome content as Half-Life 2."

Initially, 17 of PopCap's products will be made available via Steam on August 30, 2006. Keeping with PopCap tradition, each PopCap game offered via Steam will be available for a free trial period as well as for purchase. And PopCap collection packages will also be offered.

http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=726

if you guys spent half the time you spend making your posts "interesting", you might have been able to post that popcap games are going to be on steam.

Don't like the news posts don't read them k?kthxbai. Normal news posts are boring and sometimes its NICE if they spice things up, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others feel the same way as you.

Cheers Harry!

nvrmor said:

Err:

1. Making it 'interesting' took about 5 minutes.
2. Got news? Try sending the info to [email protected]. It's like phoning in an anonymous tip-off, but not anonymous, and not a phone.
3. ???
4. Profit!

Don't like the news posts don't read them k?kthxbai. Normal news posts are boring and sometimes its NICE if they spice things up, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others feel the same way as you.

spiced up news posts take away from what the news is. the main point of the news is lost, and the second point, the discussion of the news disapears. there are plenty of sites to get the news, but the discussion that happens here is better, sorry to see that go away.

spiced up news posts take away from what the news is. the main point of the news is lost, and the second point, the discussion of the news disapears. there are plenty of sites to get the news, but the discussion that happens here is better, sorry to see that go away.

For me it's more like getting extra candy. No wait, I hate candy so it's not at all like that.

Yeah, so **** you and your Hershey's chocolate bars bitches. What are we debating about again?

Nvrmor, honestly, I think you're detracting from this news more then you claim the staff writers are... I still love you though, babe.

Nvrmor, honestly, I think you're detracting from this news more then the staff writers are... I still love you though, babe.

yes i admit i detracted from this news, but at least i added new news to make up for it. which btw, still isnt up on the front page, probably because somebody is trying to make it more "interesting". :LOL:

yes i admit i detracted from this news, but at least i added new news to make up for it. which btw, still isnt up on the front page, probably because somebody is trying to make it more "interesting". :LOL:

or it doesnt interest them.

Or they're lazy?!?!

SPOILER: Or they're reading some articles and figure they've got all night. So, yeah, lazy.

It's not like this particular newspost didn't cut right to the chase.

It wasn't exactly Finnegan's Wake (yet!).

I got bored with typical news posts awhile back but Sulkodds and Sui have actually allowed me to read through them. They still get the point across in their news posts (with some exceptions but mostly) so don't worry about it hun.

Another news thread derailed...

News posters that can't edit their own thread?

What is this website coming to... :(

I don't read the regular newsposts. I do read the interesting ones.

great guns but they would be way better with parallax
there is a good parallax mod out there but i cant post a link to it

when will the mods learn to use parallax?

How do you enter their site? It's been a month they changed their front page and I can't find the 'secret' button to enter :(

Btw, this mod is a must! Even if I like/don't like the iron sights aiming, it has some fine gameplay features. Looks pro in the way they formed it and I believe it will be a hit. :)

Since their website appears inaccessable, I have posted the rest of the weapon pictures here! Awesome![br]

newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif
[br]
newsspacer2.gif
[br]
newsspacer.gif
newsspacer.gif

The weapons look sharp and 'heavy', greatstuff!

I especially take my hat off the to the mapper. He's earned a place in the industry with work like that.

Lets hope the game is as cool looking as the weapons and hands!

Yeah, the maps look trully amazing! I don't know about the hands and models but I can live with it ;)

Battlefield 2 FTW
but I am praying that this mod will terminate counterstrike - no pressure guys

Battlefield 2 FTW
but I am praying that this mod will terminate counterstrike - no pressure guys
When it comes to infantry combat, Im pretty sure INS will pwn the s*it out of BF2.
Looking forward of seeing CS people whining about this and that, hoping to shape it into another CS.

Wait, are we looking at simulated motion blur in some of those shots?

Back