Insurgency: Modern Infantry Combat Update

A

Azlan

I have a feeling that a lot of people might write Insurgency off as a CS clone, but consider this. Insurgency takes place in the real battlegrounds of the last few decades, not in pseudo realistic environments like Counterstrike. Think Baghdad, Iraq. Think Slavonski Brod, Croatia. [br]</br>These are just a few of the differences between them. If anything, Insurgency has more in common with Tom Clancy's Rainbox Six, and that's a very good thing. [br]</br>There are currently 4 game types planned, including:
  • Firefight: Designed for up to 16 players. This is a duel between a Fireteam vs. Fireteam or a Squad vs. Squad. They must advance through the map and take the subsequent objectives. Reinforcement comes further back which could hinder an advance. Once a team has taken all objectives or eliminated the opposing team, they are victorious. The players then swap sides to prove is the best all around.
  • Battle: Designed for up to 64 players. Both teams clash as they struggle to control all the objectives. Depending on how well the team performs, the battle could easily put you on the defensive or if you execute your strategy and tactics well, you will be on the offensive to close with and destroy the enemy. In order to earn victory, you must control all objectives or eliminate the enemy once they have no more reinforcements available.
  • Push -- Designed for up to 64 players. One team is on the offensive and the other must put up a stalwart effort in order to hold their ground. The objectives are layed out so that one at a time must be captured. Once that objective has been taken, the attacking team then continues on to the subsequent objectives until all have been taken or run out of troops and reinforcements.
  • Strike -- Designed for up to 64 players. Another attack and defend scenario where objectives are layed out with no place for the defenders to withdraw and regroup. They must hold the objective as until either team can no longer put up a fight.
In addition, there are four teams in the initial release: U.S. Marines, British Parachute Regt., Paramilitary, and Guerrillas. [br]</br>To read more about the special features of Insurgency, click here.[br]</br>Now, on with the media update!

[br][br]Insurgency has openings in the following areas:
  • Environment Modelers
  • Skinners
  • Texture Artists
  • Player Animator
If you are interested in such a position, drop by their GameSurge IRC Channel #insurgency and private message either Argyll or Jeremy. Be prepared to show examples of your work.[br]</br>To visit their website, follow the white rabbit.

nice work
it'll be intersting to see how they will make themselves different from bf2 which really sets a benchmark
how are they going to overcome the limited map size that source caters for??

Once you see/experience the gameplay of INS, you will definitely know the difference between us and BF2. Besides, we were working on the mod before BF2 was even announced and still maintain the same design that we've always had ;) We don't want to be like BF2, so won't even try to replicate anything from them.

Thanks for the update Azlan :)

by making the maps more compact and immersive :)

thanks for the words Azlan.

holyshit that looks briliant. the wall looks very very blocky but thats prolly the angle. im amazed i really like the look and feel of this mod :D GJ guys on the update

1123005663_s04.jpg

one criticism - (and only one really) the game characters lack a certain 'cool' factor, i'd prefer you sacrifice some realism just to make them more imposing, bulkier, tougher etc.
nothing beats having great character design, its one of the most compelling things about any game - if you look cool and your team looks cool, you're in business
just a thought

That's the mod I wait, aha,
I like it, aha, aha.:cool:

Hells Angel said:
holyshit that looks briliant. the wall looks very very blocky but thats prolly the angle. im amazed i really like the look and feel of this mod :D GJ guys on the update
The architecture in Iraq tends to be quite blocky, but pretty much every aspect of the levels will continue to be improved upon.

Azlan, its Slavonski brod, not Slovonski brod.

john3571000 said:
one criticism - (and only one really) the game characters lack a certain 'cool' factor, i'd prefer you sacrifice some realism just to make them more imposing, bulkier, tougher etc.
nothing beats having great character design, its one of the most compelling things about any game - if you look cool and your team looks cool, you're in business
just a thought

I agree, they need to be a bit more bulky, they do look pretty good though.
Im looking forward to this mod very much.

The Sadam poster looks a little too pristine in that photo, perhaps wear some of it out?

The Marines will look more bulky once the kit customization and inventory systems have been fully implemented :)

The INS team have really excelled in these screens. All I have to hope for now is gameplay to match...

the site says summer - autumn release
whens the beta 1 due really

Murray_H said:
The Sadam poster looks a little too pristine in that photo, perhaps wear some of it out?

Actually the rest of it that screenshot is pretty clean and prestine itself. I'd imagine the Iraqi government would've kept idols of their leader in picture perfect condition.

EDIT: Loved that bombed out mosque. :thumbs:

Kick-ass Argyll! Keep those awesome screenshots coming in.

Looks brilliant, BF2 but in Source, similar to Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six... if that is what Insurgency will be. Then im satisfied :D

Azlan said:
I have a feeling that a lot of people might write Insurgency off as a CS clone.
It looks (and will probably play) more like America's Army.

I'm impressed.

I like the trees, and I also like how the mod doesn't look all that much like HL2. Congrats.

It's excellent. Good ****in' work.

DrkBlueXG said:
I hate America's Army. I designed Insurgency. Therefore, it won't play like it at all.

Twas my thought at first as well, but I have a feeling INS will differ greatly with the customization they speak of. Cant wait :)

enough with the comparisons lol...

i wouldnt be working on this mod if I knew it was just another clone of another game...

just wait and you will see :D

Cs clone? wtf. what next? Americas army is a clone of UT?

Yup, at first this reminded me of Americas Army, but I suppose it won't be anything like it from Argyll's words. Very descriptive post, Aslan - Good job. This MOD simply looks incredible and this is the one to look out for <3 ( I love war time FPSs )

Gothax? said:
Yup, at first this reminded me of Americas Army, but I suppose it won't be anything like it from Argyll's words. Very descriptive post, Aslan - Good job. This MOD simply looks incredible and this is the one to look out for <3 ( I love war time FPSs )

His name is Azlan.

Very nice work INS team.

Looks amazing hope the mod is as good as it looks like.

Hmm another nail in the cofin for Bf2.

alphadec said:
Looks amazing hope the mod is as good as it looks like.

Coffin?
What sales-chart have you been looking at, the ones from 2009?

Great work INS, I'm really looking forward to playing.

alphadec said:

What have you been smoking, and where can I get some?

Nice work, I like the look of this.

Looks great. I also noticed that that saddam poster looked a bit clean and undamaged :) But all in all this looks very promissing.

I have two concerns, one are the models, (which I'm sure you guys will take care of) and the streets look a bit clean to me. not sure if it is really like that or not but a few news papers wouldn't hurt :)

1123005532_s02.jpg

OMG where are his eyes???

Back