International 3 Tournament Concludes

Sliver

Companion Cube
Reaction score
After months of games and preparation, Valve's annual International 3, the largest Dota tournament in the world, has concluded. 16 teams fought to be the world champions, but only one could remain. After a largely Chinese dominated TI2, the third International saw rise in the western Dota teams. Teams Navi' and Alliance dominated their brackets and seemed to be unstoppable, until they faced each other in the Grand Finals.

Alliance.jpg

After a grueling best of 5 with some of the best games seen in Dota 2 to date, Alliance pushed through and became the TI3 champions. They take home a cool $1,437,204 and the Aegis of Champions, while Na'Vi gets $632,370. This is the third time Na'Vi have made an appearance in the International grand finals, and the second in a row in which they've come finished in the runner-up position. What a great last series for the tournament to end on. Even if you're not yet a fan of Dota, we highly recommend checking it out. You can look at all the TI3 information, including VODs, brackets, replays and the schedule here.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 13,002
What a fantastic final match, a great way to conclude the tournament. The key for Alliance winning the last game in my opinion was S4's excellent use of Dream Coil to delay Navi's response to the split push.

Sad that it's over now, can't wait for the next one though!

^ the 1 million dollar dream coil. i think the triple stun from rosh on dendi when he tried to solo rosh cost Navi the game. they had all the momentum and dendi was somthing like 15-1 at the time, but after that Navi didnt have the same kind of snowball effect they did during the 1st half of the game. xboct's first blood double kill was just absurd.

i think team liquids upset of LGD was my favorite match, tho. bulba cancelled so many TP's it was godlike. that rosh fight leading into the throne rush with bulba catching hooks everywhere....i never chanted USA USA USA at my monitor as loud as i did that night.

alliance bringing back global strats to win ti3...history was made tonight

Monster Energy? No offense, but they look like a bunch of kids.

Back