International Date Line release!

meninblck

Reaction score
I think they should change the time of release from 8AM GMT nov 16th to midnight nov 16th at the international date line east (Tonga, Kiribati...etc). Then techincally it released worldwide at midnight on the 16th! it would be quite a bit earlier then the expected release, but vug is jacking valve around and it would save them legal trouble!

for the layman

the time in Tonga (international date line east) is +13GMT so valve is -8GMT SOOOOO if valve were to unlock at midnight nov 16th in Tonga, it would be 3AM pacific standard time (-8 GMT) monday morning! ROX FOR ALL!!

I believe my math is correct, please tell me if its not!

I preordered Half-Life 2 CE, and I have to wait until the 17th. Because it comes out at like 6:30pm on Tuesday where I am, and the stores are all closed. Including the one where I'm picking it up from.
So the release date is Wednesday the 17th for me.
Or they could just unlock and sell it on Monday. :p

That would be AWESOME, to quote a totally far out dude

But you know......

that will never happen, it is too late for that mon ami

I prefer the time as it is, I get up and play hl2 straight away, bliss.

Think about those poor bastards on Easter island, they practically have to wait until the 17th to play!

Please, does anybody know if this "worldwide release" includes Brazil (South America)? I bought the retail in a website, and it says HL2 will be sent for me on 11/24... but they din´t know when it will come to the stores. I sent 2 e-mails do Vivendi Brazil, but they didn´t answer, I sent an e-mail do Vivendi (USA), but they told me to call them.. i can´t make a phone call to USA :eek:

please help me :(

just order it over steam! that will be alot easier in countries where the game is harder to get hold of. even on 56k, you have 6 days to go! you should be able to get most of it - definatly faster than buying it from a shop.

Marius said:
Think about those poor bastards on Easter island, they practically have to wait until the 17th to play!

Yes, but they will be able to play it the exact same time as the rest of us.

Back