iPhone 4G found on bar floor...

sixteenth

Companion Cube
Reaction score
At least Engadget thinks it's the 4G.
Right now we don't have a ton of info on the device in question, but we can tell you that it apparently has a front facing camera (!), 80GB of storage (weird, right?), and isn't booting at this point (though it was previously, and running an OS that was decidedly new). It's not clear if this is definitely a production model, or just a prototype that found its way into the world, but it's certainly a compelling design, no matter how you look at it.

4g-twitpic-rm-eng.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/17/iphone-4g-is-this-it/

**** you Apple for making me want this thing.

EDIT: I guess this is actually the real deal. Engadget spotted this device a few months ago in one of Apple's test labs. The photo is pretty grainy, but there is definitely resemblance there.

(top right)
iphone4gipadproof2.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/18/iphone-4g-proof/

LOL.

Look how cheap it looks down the side, with those cracks and dull grey plastic.

Maybe it's a little rough as it's a prototype, but it looks pretty shit to me.

LOL.

Well it was found on a bar floor so I'm guessing it has been dropped/kicked/stepped on quite a bit.

I bet the time traveler from the future who dropped his iPhone at the bar is shitting bricks right now.

LOL.

I don't think those are cracks, they appear to be plastic spacers.
500x_iphone6.jpg

500x_iphone4_01.jpg

I really hope this is somewhat close to what they have in store for their June announcement. My 3G needs an upgrade.

it looks a lot like the N96, not in form factor but industrial design style. So... you're wrong.

I don't think somebody can be wrong when it's based on their opinion. You think they look similar and he doesn't.

I don't think somebody can be wrong when it's based on their opinion. You think they look similar and he doesn't.

Bollocks mate, some things are opinion and some are facts. If my opinion is the normal daytime colour of the sky is green, would that mean I can't be wrong? He said "It looks nothing like the N96" as an absolute fact, not an opinion, so he's clearly mistaken. Anyway OT....

If your criteria is simply "it's black and silver" = copy N96, then ok, you're right.

Hundreds of phones are black and silver.

He said "It looks nothing like the N96" as an absolute fact, not an opinion, so he's clearly mistaken. Anyway OT....

Ah...now I see the difference between: "It looks a lot like the N96" and "It looks nothing like the N96".

-_-

Did I say copy?

The fact that you specifically called out the N96, as opposed to any other phone on the market, implied to me that you were accusing Apple of plagiarism. If you were not, good.

The fact that you specifically called out the N96, as opposed to any other phone on the market, implied to me that you were accusing Apple of plagiarism. If you were not, good.

No, I just think the styling is actually closer to the N96 than it is to the previous iPhone models, or to most other phones.

Ah...now I see the difference between: "It looks a lot like the N96" and "It looks nothing like the N96".

-_-

The difference is one is arguably correct and the other is obviously not. Do I really need to explain why?

Am I the only one that finds the new design awful? It looks way better with the chrome on the back. I don't really like the shape either.

The difference is one is arguably correct and the other is obviously not. Do I really need to explain why?

Don't bother, there's no point in us arguing with you. You've already convinced yourself you're right.

Am I the only one that finds the new design awful? It looks way better with the chrome on the back. I don't really like the shape either.

Which iPhone had a chrome back?

Why is everyone going apeshit over this? Its a thicker iphone with a slight speed increase. Design hasnt really changed, software isnt really going to change drastically. Its the same boring design they have had since the beginning, and they are just now catching up in features that many phones have had 5 years ago(without paying for it to be added either).

Don't like the side-outline thing as much as the past versions, but I suppose it's not that big of a deal.

Back