Iran temp stops the nuke program (on the request of ze Europeans)

See, no need to invade!

But really, let them have their reactor or whatever.
Is it so hard to tell if they're making nukes or not?

NEWSFLASH: Diplomacy works! Americans puzzled, doesnt know what to do with surplus propaganda

I've never understood why Iran should not have the right to build nuclear weapons. The US has nukes (possibly even bio/chemical weapons). Russia has nukes, India has nukes, Pakistan has nukes... who else?

Spartan said:
I've never understood why Iran should not have the right to build nuclear weapons. The US has nukes (possibly even bio/chemical weapons). Russia has nukes, India has nukes, Pakistan has nukes... who else?
I'm pretty sure china does too.
Canada may or may not have a few silos hidden that you'll never know about.
Oops. :p

The main reason no-one wants Iran to have nukes is that their government is rather fanatically religious, and they seem to support terrorism.
Nukes + terrorism = Not much friendly

Give 'em a reactor though.
What's the harm, as long as it is monitored by an outside party or something?

nah canada doesnt have nukes ..they allowed the US to test missles, specifically criuse missles during the 80's but no nukes ...although the uranium used in the Little Boy came from northern ontario

france has nukes, so easy up on the frenchie jokes :E

Terrorism is not a very good reason. By definition, the US is a rogue terrorist nation. And they've got nukes.

CptStern said:
nah canada doesnt have nukes
Shhhh, you're giving away our military secrets!

It's a shame though. I think we deserve a nuke.
I mean, who would you trust the most with having a nuclear arsenal? Canada, of course!

Spartan said:
Terrorism is not a very good reason. By definition, the US is a rogue terrorist nation. And they've got nukes.
Well, the difference is the gov in Iran is anti-western, and the UN is western.

It's not fair, but I'd rather have no-one have nukes than everyone. The less, the better.

Mechagodzilla said:
Shhhh, you're giving away our military secrets!

It's a shame though. I think we deserve a nuke.
I mean, who would you trust the most with having a nuclear arsenal? Canada, of course!

Well, the difference is the gov in Iran is anti-western, and the UN is western.

It's not fair, but I'd rather have no-one have nukes than everyone. The less, the better.

Well in an ideal world no one should have such powerfull weapons.

But I reckon its probably safer that lots of people have them rather than a few. Since that way people will never even consider using them.

One reason/excuse could be that its easy to say that the U that they dug up wasnt 100% "clean"... This non "clean" material can be quite easily converted to something thats suitable for nuclear warheads. Somebody with some more physics skills should be able to clarify this :p

(238U->235U or something like that in some magical process involving bat eyes and tortoise toe-nails)

Some more countries with 'nukes:

France, GBR, Israel (ok ok, they have the core in one box and the missile in another... ) and Egypt (I beleive - Who knows what are still in those pyramids... ;) - not officially of course... Oh no...) And I almost forgot - NORTH KOREA! :D

this just in, Iran continues to buy to reators and reactor parts from russia, diplomacy for the win. ameican officails not surprised, canadians at like nothing happened

tis gust in: eyeran has WMD and be reedy to use tem on brav amerikans

CptStern, Colonel Klink is not your mentor. :D

Eg, I agree -- Iran is still continueing their weapons program. :D

Funny Situation: Would that be funny is if Bush's WMD's were evacuated out of Iraq during the invasion, over to Iran, and the program over there being developed, was originally an Iraqi one? /endfunnysituation

K e r b e r o s said:
CptStern, Colonel Klink is not your mentor. :D

Eg, I agree -- Iran is still continueing their weapons program. :D

Funny Situation: Would that be funny is if Bush's WMD's were evacuated out of Iraq during the invasion, over to Iran, and the program over there being developed, was originally an Iraqi one? /endfunnysituation
Yes it would be...but do you remember the Iran/Iraq war?

Tr0n said:
Yes it would be...but do you remember the Iran/Iraq war?
to f*ck america over, i think they woudl do that

The reason Iran can't have weapon is the same as Iraq. Both those countries want to be a match with Israel's 100 nuke-power so they can revive the good old fight.

Iran is one of the richest countries in oil in the World, yet they say they need nuclear power ?
A little fishy if you ask me.

Countries with nukes - GB; USA; France; Israel; Russia; India & Pakistan (working on a deal to disarm :D)
Most former Soviet States especially some such as Ukraine and Kazakhastan are highly suspected to have kept a few for them.

South Korea is trying, Yugoslavia and Lybia were close, Brazil and Saudi Arabia are (maybe) trying [with the exception of already mentioned Iran].

Many developed countries like Australia, Japan, Canada and the Netherlands could make them in a few days/weeks.

The problem with nukes is that in these small nations, that mustn't worry for MAD, they can be used in emergencies or suicide attacks etc.

My suggestion would be erase the NPT, hand over nukes to your allies and sign a UN resolution saying that any nation that deploys nukes is subject to absolute Anihilation :p .

south korea tried, and irn know that isreal will kick and arabs nations ass in a straight out fight, so nukem them would help

Spartan said:

De British, George Bush is just paranoid because he doesn't like muslims

DEATH eVADER said:
De British, George Bush is just paranoid because he doesn't like muslims

no, nuke developement is banned, and the UN is lazy

sign a UN resolution saying that any nation that deploys nukes is subject to absolute Anihilation

Hooray :D

(We're not allowed to have nukes btw; no one should be...)

Back