IRC Channel +r?

WillH

Reaction score
Whats going on with the IRC channel? I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I say it is so I win. Anyway, why's it +r? I need my IRC fix.

I'm getting that too and I havn't done anything wrong.

My first guess would be that some jerkwad was going in and posting spoilers and constantly evading bans so they made it so nobody can join, just a guess though. Hopefully somebody will come in and clear it up, I'm off to bed though, no IRC fix for me tonight.

Why not just auth yourself. Problem solved.

I'm also not getting in. I need the proper key. How unfair.

I'm guessing that the channel was hijacked.

What? there's no key on the channel. You must be trying to join the wrong one or something.

It's #halflife2 on quakenet.

Hmm..... but why was my client set to connect to #halflife2.net instead of #halflife2...

For those who don't know how to get an "auth":

type /msg Q hello <[email protected]> <[email protected]>

You need to specify your email address twice as parameters, a generated password will then be sent to the address mentioned, allowing you to auth to Q.

When you say 'hello' to Q, you will be assigned a default password.

Change your password by using the following command:

/msg Q newpass <old pass> <new pass> <new pass> (for example, /msg q newpass john notjohn notjohn).

Q will acknowledge a successful password change by displaying:
-Q([email protected])- OK, password changed.

Then login by typing /msg [email protected] auth <username> <password>. :)

Everyone should be Q authed these days. +r makes QuakeNet a hell of alot easier to manage.

Q bans are much better than normal hostname bans.

]SK[ said:
Everyone should be Q authed these days. +r makes QuakeNet a hell of alot easier to manage.

Q bans are much better than normal hostname bans.

Yeah I need my login in details for my account...somehow they changed :-/

#halflife2.net is top secret!

And I agree with what ]SK[ said.

If you lose your login details, either get quakenet to email you the pw, speak to an oper to get it sorted, or create a new account :)

BAH you can't auth with a Java client, no more #halflife2 at work :(

Are you sure? all java client's i've seen can auth

Back