Is CSS getting Cinematic Physics effects?

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
Its been a few weeks since DODS Beta was closed. And I have been wondering...

What is taking Valve so long with CSS. Then I had an idea. Maybe Valve are creating Cinematic explosions for each of the Bomb planting levels in CSS.

That would be cool, would it not? :D

Has an upgrade to the Source '07 engine for CSS been confirmed?

I don't think so. there was the Counter-Strike: Source Beta server filter option but that isn't absolute.
it seems highly probable however.

They're doing HL2DM so I wouldn't doubt if they're doing CS:S as well (after all, it is one of their biggest titles)

You think Valves going to go back and add Cinematic Physics. It took them ages to update some of the maps to HDR, i don't see them adding Cinematic Physics to all the bomb planting levels any time soon. Valve will probably still be working on the achievement's and other stuff.
Where you hear that HL2DM was getting updated, i thought Valve abandoned that game.

What is taking Valve so long with CSS.

Just because they did DoDS beta a bit ago doesn't mean they are doing CSS right now.

They are finishing off L4D right now anyways, which has much more priority than CSS

They're too busy with Left 4 Dead release, TF2 achievement/unlocks and writing Episode Three's storyline at the moment. I'm not expecting CSS to be getting updated anytime soon. I'd be more likely to expect a decommission.

Eh, they're still writing the storyline for ep 3? I'm pretty sure that was done ages ago.

Agrees with Vegeta.

Your right, they are probably finalising Left 4 Dead, but I doubt they are writing the storyline for episode 3.

Personally, I think Cinematic Physics would be a very nice touch to CSS, really bring it forwards 4 years or so, especially with the 07 graphics.

Back