Is it just me... Or is Dog the coolest character ever?

M

Mithie

Dog wins best FPS pet-like character award. He's so cute and cuddly and I wish I could have one as a pet of my own.

yes i have a secret love for dog and alyx......shes just one hot looking cyber girl and i feel wierd just saying that hahaha

Mithie said:
Dog wins best FPS pet-like character award. He's so cute and cuddly and I wish I could have one as a pet of my own.
God i hope you're not a guy...

Father Gregori is for sure the most baddass character in the game

bruce02 said:

Yep I agree, because if a guy says cute and cuddly that automatically makes him gay. I hate gay people and they scare me. :cheers:

bruce02 said:
Yes, because then that would mean he's one of those "poofters" I've heard about on the television. Didn't realise they existed in real life. Quick, let's go and hunt them all down. Silly frilly fairies. We'll give them what for. Yes. :hmph:

Ahem. On-topic, Dog was very cool (and very lovable in a mechanical sort of a way), as was Alyx, Eli, the G-Man, Breen, Grigori (although he was a complete nut-job and not in it as much as I'd hoped) and the fabulous Barney. And that odd British fellow. He was cool too.

Originally posted by bruce02

"because i'm gay and it'd feel kind of weird since i just got it all over the keyboard"

900posts!

Father is the coolest guy :) The insane priest type dude...ohhh :). He shoulda had a shotgun and a rocket launcher :) Imagine what new traps he could make! *You open a door* *A wire on the door connected to the triggers, gets pulled forward and a rocket comes flying at you*
:)

Dog Is So Cute... I Love Watching Alyx Pet Him :) Its So Cute Lol!

Last time I saw Grigori he was surrounded by at least 10 zombies and 5 headcrabs, all taking it in turns to have a swipe at him.

I'm he was in control of the situation though!

Dog and Lamarr.

Lamarr has the coolest animations

And Dog can totally kick some major combine ass

we11er said:
Last time I saw Grigori he was surrounded by at least 10 zombies and 5 headcrabs, all taking it in turns to have a swipe at him.

I'm he was in control of the situation though!

yeah, I was laughing out loud as i was running away, he's back there shooting shit up and doing his evil laugh...great stuff.

Sparta said:
Dog and Lamarr.

Lamarr has the coolest animations

And Dog can totally kick some major combine ass
It's amazing how VALVe can make someone as not-cute as Dog and as revolting as Lamarr really loveable and cute. Makes we wanna get a pet headcrab of my own. Think of the babes it would attract...

Or maybe not.

I loved all of the characters. I think the funniest character was Dr. Kleiner though... I love his attachment to Lamarr and his neurosis. I think all of the voice actors did a great job too, but especially Dr. Breen, that was a seriously good performance.

Dog rules, but arent all his fight scenes scripted? You never get to fight along side him properly :(

Father Gregori is much cooler than any of the 2D "cuddly" characters like DOG or Alyx. I couldn't give a rat's arse about Alyx, can barely even remember how to spell her name!

The characters still have nothing on those in games like the Final Fantasy series and, in an FPS they probably never will develop such depth, there just isn't time really. Nice expressions and all but I think they're desperately over rated and as for the lip-syncing... :S

EDIT: Having said all that, Doctor Breen is the MAN!

At the end of the Cemetry in 'We don't go to Ravenholm', how long does Father Gregori fight the zombies/headcrabs for? Does it just go on forever? I watched for about 2 minutes and then went up the ladder.

Dead-Inside said:
Apart from it all beings, well, mostly scripted, it owned.

I bet you said that when you saw Nemo or any other cute character on film?

Mr Wotsit said:
The characters still have nothing on those in games like the Final Fantasy series and, in an FPS they probably never will develop such depth, there just isn't time really. Nice expressions and all but I think they're desperately over rated and as for the lip-syncing... :S

Yeah, hl2 plays out pretty much as the course of events that happen over a few days seen through one man's eyes... and most of those events aren't dealing with other characters but with running from/to stuff while fighting. The characters don't really develop at all in hl2, but they are already very well developed when you meet them (if that makes sense). For what little bit of character drama or whatever you want to call it that they put in hl2, I think it's very good. I would have liked if they filled the middle part of the game with more of the kind of interactions that you get in the first and last three chapters because those were by far my favorite in retrospect.

czrsink said:
At the end of the Cemetry in 'We don't go to Ravenholm', how long does Father Gregori fight the zombies/headcrabs for? Does it just go on forever? I watched for about 2 minutes and then went up the ladder.
I hung around for ages :p and he's there for awhile but then disapears somewhere, im really not sure where...he either sits in the corner or buggers off somewhere and i didnt see, or he just vanishes.

Back