Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Shite

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

SamuraiKenji

Reaction score
My friend thinks Korn is not rock/Alternate Rock
I beg to differ
HE listen to some kind of viking shit that just a bunch of dudes screaming words you can't understand and playing their guitars like they don't know how
NOW he's calling me stupid and a fag because i like to listen to Korn

I want a second opinion

Discuss

Arguing music genres is one of if not the most pointless argument out there. For your second opinion, quit listening to Korn.

Korn is not good. Who cares what genre it is?

No, they're country with a mix of polka.

I never said i wanted to know who likes it i just wanted to know what Genre you think it is

My friend thinks Korn is not rock/Alternate Rock
I beg to differ
HE listen to some kind of viking shit that just a bunch of dudes screaming words you can't understand and playing their guitars like they don't know how
NOW he's calling me stupid and a fag because i like to listen to Korn

I want a second opinion

Discuss

Sounds like a really good friend.

From the little I've heard I'd say they're Nu Metal.

And as we all know, all Nu Metal sucks hairy donkey balls.

Go listen to Alice in Chains.

Alternative metal or NuMetal, basically the tone and energy of metal, but with out the talent.

Nu Metal does not suck balls, that 's just your opinion, I like bands like Sevendust, Chevelle, Deftones, Infectious Grooves (a few of their songs) but popular nu-metal like slipknot, SOAD (most of their stuff) and stuff like that suck though. And Korn's bass player is pretty awesome, but I don't really like Korn either, nevertheless they turned out to be an influential band, bringing nu-metal from it's "underground" state into popular rock music, at least until the 90's ended.

Nu Metal was never really about talent though, but what I like about it is it's unique riffs, the way they play open spacey chords, with a lot of progressive progressions. The shouting and screaming just adds the craze element to it I guess. Nu Metal is awesome head-banging music.

Now that I realize, I have no idea what the purpose of this post is actually, just giving my view.

This has nothing to do with anything in this thread but.... WHY THE **** ARE THERE SO MANY GOD DAMN GENRES!?

It is rock IMHO and I enjoy many of their songs. Wouldn't call it nu-metal.

It's rock and I hate it, though a certain friend of mine loves it. On the other hand, he also like Gorillaz and I'm pretty sure he listens to Evanescence. Another friend of mine likes techno, particularly remixes, which tend to be pretty cool IMHO, and different kinds of hard rock/metal (I do kind of like some metal, such as Dragonforce/other power metal). I'm into softer alternative rock and classy shit.

People who judge other people based on their taste in music need to be kicked in the crotch.

No, generally, a lot can be learned about a person by knowing the music they listen to.

Yes, but never towards any conclusion that they are either good or bad people. I don't like Korn, but I've no problem with those that do.

Despite most people having a varied taste in music?
I happen to enjoy listening to all kinds of music as long as it appeals to my ears.

Despite most people having a varied taste in music?
I happen to enjoy listening to all kinds of music as long as it appeals to my ears.

As do I. Thrall is right in a sense that a lot can be learnt from observing the type of music a person listens to, but whether or not they should be judged by that to be either good or bad people is pretty rubbish. (I've no idea if he feels that way, I'm just speaking out loud in general here to defend myself :p)

Well, I sure can tell that like 70% of the people that listen to Hip Hop are either douchebags, should be shot down or should be in jail.

From the little I've heard I'd say they're Nu Metal.

And as we all know, all Nu Metal sucks hairy donkey balls.

Go listen to Alice in Chains.

Yes. Listen to these 3.

Man In The Box
We Die Young
Angry Chair

They are awesome.

Plus Metallica = the best metal you can get. **** Korn, go out and buy ...And Justice For All. Best metal album ever.

Metallica was fantastic up until their self titled album, afterwards they just got progressively shittier.

Also, add Would, Rooster, and Dam that River to your 'Must Listen to Songs" AiC list.

Nowadays, I much prefer Metallica's newer material, though I don't even like that much, but still. ...And Justice is no way the best metal album out there, though. Not even close. :p

How can you even stand their new material? Even before they hit rock bottom with St. Anger it was horrible.

Metallica was fantastic up until their self titled album, afterwards they just got progressively shittier.

Also, add Would, Rooster, and Dam that River to your 'Must Listen to Songs" AiC list.

I thought the Black Album was awesome... Anyways, yeah, Would? and What the hell have I are awesome too. In fact, just buy Nothing Safe from Wal Mart. It's got all of the great AIC songs. I always thought the lyric in Rooster was "Here they come to stuff the rooster" but it's snuff... Huh...

Also, Got me Wrong is a good one too.

And yeah, I agree, Metallica after the Black Album sucked. not even Fuel was worth anything. If you don't like AJFA, however, I can only wonder if you've heard Harvester, and Eye of The Beholder. Those are my 2 favorites from that album. ...And Justice For All the song just sounds like the song a band writes the first day they ever play together. Kind of a weird riff... But, they're the kind of songs that get better as you listen to them more. The more you hear it the better it sounds. (Just from my experience.)

Also, RIP Layne Staley. Best singer ever. :(

How can you even stand their new material? Even before they hit rock bottom with St. Anger it was horrible.

I just found it much more interesting to listen to, really.

But believe me, I was a die-hard Metallica fan 5 or 6 years ago. Seen them three times now and they really were a kickass live act, and I did use to enjoy AJRA loads. MoP was always my personal favourite but AJFA felt like a real step forward from the more straight forward thrash of Kill, Ride and Master. That sounds like a really horrible snuff fetish film title, doesn't it? Oh dear.

I just grew bored of them I guess, and when I do listen to them now (which, to be fair, I haven't done in a long time) I would usually listen of Reload or something.

Korn is shit.

And lol at people who say they're Metal.

-About metallica, there are about 9001 thrash metal bands that are much better than shitallica.Go listen to them.

This.

also, whatever happened to good old rock like Aerosmith and Kiss?

Aerosmith is a terrible band, does that mean I don't know about music? Korn is a rock band, to say it is not is pretty dumb.

Secondly, who the **** cares if he listens to Korn. I like Korn and a large variety of music from metal, club, to gangster rap. To you guys judging someone one on their taste of music pretty weak.

Rock is a very BROAD spectrum of music.
Elvis? Rock.
Led Zeppelin? Rock.
Motley Crue? Rock.
Disturbed? Rock.
Metallica? Rock.
Green Day? Rock.
Foo Fighters? Rock.
Nirvana? Rock.

However there are many subsets of rock. Such as Punk Rock, Emo Rock, Grunge Rock, Alternative Rock, and Classic Rock. Metal is also considered a subset of rock, and metal has many subsets too. Many bands and even individual songs fall into multiple categories of rock.

I love Aerosmith btw.

Korn is rock, not my type of rock though; Korn screams way to much. I prefer everything from light alternative rock to metallica. Singing is nice, shouting is awesome, screaming is not music. I can't sing or shout like Axel Rose, but I can scream just as well as anyone else.

Aerosmith is a terrible band, does that mean I don't know about music? Korn is a rock band, to say it is not is pretty dumb.

Secondly, who the **** cares if he listens to Korn. I like Korn and a large variety of music from metal, club, to gangster rap. To you guys judging someone one on their taste of music pretty weak.

Welcome to HL2.net, where liking certain types of music or certain bands arbitrarily makes you pants on head retarded in ways you cannot imagine. Don't try to make sense of it, just accept, and pray your musical tastes match up with the standards here.

@ Cole: KoRn doesn't scream. >.>

Back