Is L4D a fun and good game or is it boring and glitchy?

On this part of the forum yes. I just need peoples opinions about this game.

I recommend that you buy it.

I further recommend that you send me all your money.

"I further recommend that you send me all your money."

lol, deffinitely not going to happen, but I heard this game is kinda boring and glitchy is this true or not?

Glitchy, kind of. Nothing gameplay breaking. Mostly minor bugs like zombies occasionally clipping into floors, etc.

Boring, well... only if you're bored by teamwork or zombies.

Good game, if you're up for cooperation and teamplay.

There are a couple of negative traits of L4D (though it is a very good game), but 'boring' has never even entered my mind.

L4D is extremely boring and very glitchy. It will only run on Macs.

Are you crazy?! He's totally right! I paid for L4D and it does not work on my computer, even though I clearly meet the specs :upstare:

Your computer is a piece of paper with the specs written on it.

Yep, it's a game worth buyin'

Think of CS but with zombies and apocalyptic landscapes and without "lol h4x0r"'s and crappy servers.

Well, i mean that CS has a lot of importance in teamwork as well.

At least that is what they intended.....

Its a pretty good game..hell we're supposed to get an update sometime before april 21st so if you're not sure just wait awhile and they may have a free weekend open for it soon or something. Anyways "boring" is not the word I'd use but sometimes it can get unbelievably frustrating...and some of the people who play are total dicks who will kick you if you're new.

Boring, hell no. Glitchy? Yes.

And it EASILY is a fun and good game.

EVERY SINGLE game has it's glitches. Does L4D have so many more that it's noticeable? Nope.

L4D is extremely boring and very glitchy. It will only run on Macs.

That I don't believe...

But this game looked kinda crazy with zombies and whatever running at you outta nowhere. Is this game creepier than Condemned, because that is also a crazy zombie type game.

Less. Generally because you're playing with other people, who have a tendency to joke around and make situations awesome, instead of terrifying.

Well I got a good 150 hours out of it so I considered it money well spent.

I'm back to playing TF2 now and only play L4D if my friends want a game. Playing with friends is by far the best way to play.

Yes L4D does have a fair few glitches but they aren't the kind that get in the way of your enjoyment.

Well, they got rid of all the maps exploits. Other glitches too. So NOW its not glitchy much at all, it may have the typical crash every now and then, but heh, that happens.

This game should be called Left 4 Glitch it's so glitchy!

People may criticize me for hating L4D recently but they are too fan boyish. :upstare: If you want the honest opinion though, you should get the game. When I first played it was so good but after the billionth game, it gets boring. It does have numerous bugs and shows it really well when you play with the competitive crowd. I do think that there is an age before the SDK and after. I think L4D will be another beast and become the next big thing for moders purely because the interest of zombies compels people to make mods. IMO get L4D when they will most likely do a sale when the first DLC pack comes out.

People may criticize me for hating L4D recently but they are too fan boyish. :upstare:
I'm willing to criticize Valve/L4D (eg. I think it is ridiculous that we still don't have the SDK). I just find your posts so extreme one way or the other that they are hard to take seriously, this one has probably been your most moderate.

I'm willing to criticize Valve/L4D (eg. I think it is ridiculous that we still don't have the SDK). I just find your posts so extreme one way or the other that they are hard to take seriously, this one has probably been your most moderate.
Whenever we get together to play a game I get the the complaints and crap. Then on the forums it's all "oh, there is nothing wrong with it". The game is not meant for competitive play. I was playing with DreamThrall last night and these players were pro. I swear to God this guy nearly popped a blood vessel while going "aRGHHHahhhhahhhhh". I usually laugh when even the Smoker AI has problems catching me. The game is of now, fun, but not fun if you are playing seriously. Valve is taking the approach of the casual gamer. Gone are the days of CS but if Valve looks at the numbers, CS continues to get the most people playing. If you look at recent games like TF2 they continue to nerf classes. They make it easier and easier for your mom to play. It's really just putting people off.

I got bored after a week and I don't play it anymore. Good game, but highly repetitive. Overrated, in my personal opinion.

Whenever we get together to play a game I get the the complaints and crap. Then on the forums it's all "oh, there is nothing wrong with it". The game is not meant for competitive play. I was playing with DreamThrall last night and these players were pro. I swear to God this guy nearly popped a blood vessel while going "aRGHHHahhhhahhhhh". I usually laugh when even the Smoker AI has problems catching me. The game is of now, fun, but not fun if you are playing seriously. Valve is taking the approach of the casual gamer. Gone are the days of CS but if Valve looks at the numbers, CS continues to get the most people playing. If you look at recent games like TF2 they continue to nerf classes. They make it easier and easier for your mom to play. It's really just putting people off.

That's some weirdass mathematics. Appeal to the majority = less people playing. I mean, I know it makes sense in reality, but it still sounds dumb, hey?

Maybe it's because I have no liking whatsoever for the super competitive, 'serious' aspect of Valve games, and am always playing purely for fun. They're vidjeogames. It's not football or tennis, it's not SRS BSNSS. It's blowing people into tiny gibs or crushing them with cars. It's eating sandviches and hitting people with baseball bats. It's fun.

Of course you'll get many people telling you that L4D is a great game on a forum mostly dedicated to Valve games. But seriously, this is a great game and you should buy it. If there are bugs, they're fixed quickly (unless you're playing on the 360, in which case they take a little while longer to be fixed). The game is much more entertaining if you play with friends, and you will become better because of it. L4D is only scary for people who scare easily, such as Reginald, but is more intense than scary for most people.

"They see me trollin, they hatin!"

Back