Is this game still popular?

Zephos

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Do people still mother ****ing play?

Don't want to download this 500mb patch for nothing.

I play now and then. Nobody plays with me that I know to warrant a play, though. There are still plenty of populated servers, if that's what you're asking.

I'LL PLAY WITH YOUUUUUU

PR is something I won't be going back to :p

Yeah, I guess I'm not into those whole....'realism' games. I could never get into Rainbow Six and the likes. I guess I enjoy the "WTF HOW DID I DO THAT?" stuff BF2 gives me every minute I play it, haha.

I enjoy realistic shootan games, but PR just... pisses me off. Anyway, I want to play, but I lost my manual (read: CD key).

PR sucks, having to walk for 20 minutes to get to the action is not fun.

I'd enjoy BF2 so much more if I had load times that were under 5 minutes.
BF2's the only damn game in the series that gives me such a hard time with loading.

I play quite a bit now. My xfire is 3sc4p3 if anyone wants to play. But i am pretty sucky. :frown:

PR sucks, having to walk for 20 minutes to get to the action is not fun.

I'd enjoy BF2 so much more if I had load times that were under 5 minutes.
BF2's the only damn game in the series that gives me such a hard time with loading.

Didn't you originally say it was the best mod for BF2 then said it was ok? Did you play the versions before 0.7 when forming a positive opinion because I remember that a lot of people left the mod after 0.7 because of the whole gameplay change to make it more "realistic". Not that I really play the mod anymore anyway, I could get back into it if I wanted to but they should have at least kept the minimap on for infantry and left squad leader spawning in to avoid those long walks.

Didn't you originally say it was the best mod for BF2 then said it was ok? Did you play the versions before 0.7 when forming a positive opinion because I remember that a lot of people left the mod after 0.7 because of the whole gameplay change to make it more "realistic". Not that I really play the mod anymore anyway, I could get back into it if I wanted to but they should have at least kept the minimap on for infantry and left squad leader spawning in to avoid those long walks.

It's still the best mod for BF2, but I just hate having to walk so damn much to get a fight.

Played a bit this afternoon, and a although it's a buggy game full of ****tards lulz are still to be had.

Played a bit this afternoon, and a although it's a buggy game full of ****tards lulz are still to be had.

Agreed. And I've never had loading problems. There are some little things you could do to try to speed it up. Although, I don't know what they are off the top of my head, might have to Google.

Either way, I do love to play the game with some people I know in a squad. WOULD BE AWEEEESSOMMMEEE.

I had problems with the patches.. it'd just **** up on me.

Well it was good to see a good share of servers still running. It was even better when the maps loaded in 30 seconds rather than 5 minutes like my old computer (even then, fully loaded it took another five to be playable without stutter and there was always the potential of crashes or disconnects). Pity I can't get the resolution above 1280 or so without forcing it, otherwise it looks alright except for the horrible, horrible draw distance pop-in. Arseholes are still aplenty but the game is still good fun.

Zeph, when I get my internets back, we'll have to get in a game together sometime :)

Say, whatever happened to the patch?

Just reinstalled if anyone wants to play, you've got my xfire.

I. hate. Punkbuster. so. god. damn. much.

I just got kicked from two servers for stupid reasons, first one... I was playing on a PR server, I was with a squad and in the middle of talking when I get booted.
Fury ensued.
I tried rejoining but NOOOOOOO I'm banned for 5 minutes.

Okay, I said to myself, no big deal... I'll just try another one.
So I joined a different server and got booted as soon as I got to the damn spawn screen.
Reason? A handshake failure thing.

WHY THE **** WAS THIS PROGRAM EVER CREATED? NOBODY'S COMPUTER IS ****ING PERFECT, PUNKBUSTER.
:angry:

Pointing the gun in PR with the iron sight, firing and not a single bullet not hitting the target can be very annoying because of the massive recoil. Even if it's the lighter 5.56mm it still has massive recoil and that can make your brain churn. You can use 2 or 3 round bursts and nothing. :|

Agreed about Punkbuster, the main reason why I stoped playing BF2, load times come in a close 2nd.

I've started playing PR a lot recently. I can hit people with the rifles, but it does take a bit of getting used to, quite a bit actually.

It's still loads of fun once you're in a good squad though! I love sniping too. I feel so powerful as I cover my team heading towards a raised outpost as they run across some open fields; picking off any rebels that happen to come look over the side of the hill they're on.

I can't play PR everrrrr...blah.

I reinstalled BF2 and played it again recently. REALLY fun, especially since we actually had a little group playing together of random people, and we were doing teamwork things. I KNOW, teamwork in BF2. Weird concept.

MAAAD fun. Load times seem to be the best thing about this game to me. Takes me less than 20 seconds to join.

Back