Is Zoey the original Survivor who will be killed off?

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
ThePassing.jpg

That is the most recent poster for The Passing on the L4D Blog, if you look in the background (where all 4 old survivors used to stand) Zoey is now missing from the group. Is this a trick by Valve or have they accidentally revealed that she is the character that will be killed off in the future DLC?

For old times sake, DISCUSS!

...Or wait until tomorrow and see for yourself.

EDIT: Ok that's weird? I just loaded that picture up in here, and Zoey is on there instead of Louis, but if I flip back to the Left 4 Dead blog on the other tab, it shows Louis...
thepassing1.jpg

I think it alternates the 2 images to trick us.

The poster I saw there where 4 survivors in the back. So I don't know.

It seems to just be changing/random. Valve are fond of having a bit of fun with the community.

More like taking the piss...

The only two posters I've seen there have been Zoey or Louis at the front, the original had all 4 in like you described, Rizzo. But I havn't seen that one since then.

Well, it seems that Bill is the only one who doesn't disappear when the posters get changed...

So, I'm raising 2 possibilities...

1) The dead character is random... The first time you play it's gonna be one of them, the next it's gonna be the other one, which would make a looott of sense specially in the L4D universe. Nobody would get pissed because their favorite character became bacon.

2) It's Bill and valve is trying to mislead us to believe either Zoey, Louis or Francis get killed

lol Nicky didn't read the replies in the news thread either :p

Just wait for tomorrow.

lol Nicky didn't read the replies in the news thread either :p

Silence Glenn :)

But it's nice to have a thread just to discuss this particular subject.

thepassing2.jpg

And I just found the Louis, Zoey and Bill one that Maximus mentioned, I agree with his theories too.

Maximus got it all wrong.

The Passing have three survivors from the original game. There won't be a random dead character. L4D's DLC going to have a random dead character. Someone has to make a sacrifice to help others continue (at the finale).

tl;dr: Someone from L4D is dead, and won't come back.

Yeah but, how is that different? There are 3 survivors from the original game, becouse one of them is dead, no?

Maximus got it all wrong.

The Passing have three survivors from the original game. There won't be a random dead character. L4D's DLC going to have a random dead character. Someone has to make a sacrifice to help others continue (at the finale).

tl;dr: Someone from L4D is dead, and won't come back.

It's quite possible that the randomness of the dead character will be in Left 4 Dead 2, that way it would allow the other characters to still make an appearance and have their own voice lines etc, it would be interesting to see how the characters react and talk about the fallen survivor each time the game is played.

No, sorry. The dead character will be dead. He, or she won't come back for The Passing. Chet confirmed this.

I agree that bringing back the Dead character randomly would be pretty shit, but I said it would be interesting to see the different reactions the original characters have.

Bump to reveal the dead survivor for those who don't know...

Spoilers! I don't get blamed if you click below...
It's Bill, and Louis has badly wounded legs, he can only operate the Minigun because of his injuries.

Where did you hear this?

The Xbox version has been released, I havn't played it but I have a friend who completed it just after it was released.
And it was easy to get it was Bill before release anyway, they wouldn't kill off the girl cause she appeals to most men, Louis is black so it could be considered racist by some stupid people. So it was between Bill and Francis - in the changing posters on the blog Bill was the only one not to disappear, makes him stand out.

Are you guys living under a stone?

Back