Israel 'could kidnap Ahmadinejad'

One could argue that would be better than bombing him :rolleyes:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7605852.stm

Clearly a quiet day in Israel so someone has to drum up some bullshit.....

Iran has its issues for sure, but advocating kidnapping a legitimately elected head of State because he happens to think your regime stinks seems a tad overboard imo. :rolleyes:

Hilarious nevertheless.

Maybe you could use some practice reading. Or spinning.

bbc said:
Mr Eitan, a member of Israel's inner cabinet of ministers with security responsibilities, said he was expressing his personal opinion in raising the abduction option.
bbc said:
He told German magazine

Kadayi said:
he happens to think your regime stinks
bbc said:
the Iranian leader had threatened genocide
wow look at the spin. Threatening and planning genocide becomes 'regime stinks'.

(lots of asterisks)

One could argue that would be better than bombing him

They've talked about bombing Iran, nothing been said about the president himself. Either way though talk like this from a government official regardless of context is just disturbing.

Maybe you could use some practice reading.

Don't you have kittens to drown? :dozey:

Threatening and planning genocide becomes 'regime stinks'

Actually that is more akin to what he said (try reading up on the subject). It's all about the regime in Israel and the suppression of the Palestinians, not about wiping Israel as a nation/people off the map. Iran has the biggest Jewish population in the ME outside of Israel and they aren't kept in camps or publicly persecuted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/7605852.stm

Clearly a quiet day in Israel so someone has to drum up some bullshit.....

Iran has its issues for sure, but advocating kidnapping a legitimately elected head of State because he happens to think your regime stinks seems a tad overboard imo. :rolleyes:

Hilarious nevertheless.
He's not the head of state, the unelected 'supreme leader' is.

Also, I fail to see what is wrong with kidnapping someone who could be tried for violating the human rights act.

Because we all know Iran totally cant replace him with another puppet tool who will spout whatever the Iranian leadership wants.

Because we all know Iran totally cant replace him with another puppet tool who will spout whatever the Iranian leadership wants.
So what? I'm not saying it would fix the country, but just punish a criminal.

Just get interpol to grab him then and try him at the international courts. Israel kidnapping him does nothing for them.

He's not the head of state, the unelected 'supreme leader' is.

I think you'll find he does run the Country in the strictest sense rather than the Ayatollah.

Also, I fail to see what is wrong with kidnapping someone who could be tried for violating the human rights act.

What exactly has he violated? Since when is speaking out against the Israeli occupation a violation of human rights? Worse than the actual occupation itself? I know your big on your Northern Ireland thing, never quite made the connection between the situations?

Just get interpol to grab him then and try him at the international courts. Israel kidnapping him does nothing for them.

hmm an illegal act in the name of justice? ironical

not to worry should he be kidnapped I'm sure the US will send in special forces to rescue him from his kidnappers ..in the name of justice and freedom loving. if not the US then perhaps the UK or hey israel can send in mossad to rescue him from his captors, they're good at it ........oh wait

Not really ironic, illegality and justice are two distinct things. One is simply not within the letter of the law, whatever it is, the other is an ideological concept that revolves around the ultimate right, those who deserve punishment getting it and those who don't seeing they get done good by, and such.

The irony is that laws, concepts developed to (amongst other things) ensure justice is done, can sometimes be the biggest hindrance to achieving it.

Its pointless anyway, Ahmadinejad hasn't done anything but be a bit of a Jew hating loud mouth who makes very un-impressive remarks.

That only makes him a jerk and probably not the best voice for any country, especially near another with nukes and a victim complex that has caused it to develop a fortress mentality and a highly militarized society that is more easily capable of resorting to drastic military solutions if it feels threatened enough.

But if and when he does something objectionable to the world community as a whole, I hope he gets his punishment swift and fast, nothing like watching a would-be tyrant brought down many pegs and forced to squirm in a court of law, really helps to revive some faith in humanity, and in a world full of jerks (hell, us in this thread are no angels) its nice to hear a dictator finally meet his deserved fate, or amongst all the religious crap to hear some hopeful science taking place, or you know, in amongst all that war coverage someone makes peace.

The irony is that laws, concepts developed to (amongst other things) ensure justice is done, can sometimes be the biggest hindrance to achieving it.

Its pointless anyway, Ahmadinejad hasn't done anything but be a bit of a Jew hating loud mouth who makes very un-impressive remarks.

That only makes him a jerk and probably not the best voice for any country, especially near another with nukes and a victim complex that has caused it to develop a fortress mentality and a highly militarized society that is more easily capable of resorting to drastic military solutions if it feels threatened enough.

But if and when he does something objectionable to the world community as a whole, I hope he gets his punishment swift and fast, nothing like watching a would-be tyrant brought down many pegs and forced to squirm in a court of law, really helps to revive some faith in humanity, and in a world full of jerks (hell, us in this thread are no angels) its nice to hear a dictator finally meet his deserved fate, or amongst all the religious crap to hear some hopeful science taking place, or you know, in amongst all that war coverage someone makes peace.

Surprisingly lucid aside from the part about him being a dictator or tyrant, this misinformation is constantly being bandied around because of poor reporting. The guy was elected for a term of office as president. It wasn't a military coup or anything and if he proves unpopular might well be out when the next elections are called.

Surprisingly lucid aside from the part about him being a dictator or tyrant, this misinformation is constantly being bandied around because of poor reporting. The guy was elected for a term of office as president. It wasn't a military coup or anything and if he proves unpopular might well be out when the next elections are called.

Come now, you know well and fine only America embraces true democracy.

;)

I think you'll find he does run the Country in the strictest sense rather than the Ayatollah.
Wikipedia: The Supreme Leader of Iran is responsible for delineation and supervision of the general policies of the Islamic Republic of Iran.[71] The Supreme Leader is Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces, controls the military intelligence and security operations; and has sole power to declare war or peace.[71] The heads of the judiciary, state radio and television networks, the commanders of the police and military forces and six of the twelve members of the Council of Guardians are appointed by the Supreme Leader

What exactly has he violated? Since when is speaking out against the Israeli occupation a violation of human rights? Worse than the actual occupation itself? I know your big on your Northern Ireland thing, never quite made the connection between the situations?
What about arming terrorists in Iraq and how women are treated in his country and the hanging of homosexuals and rape victims etc.

Currently the Supreme Leader of Iran is Ali Khamenei.

and if we want to stop women's abuses and gays being hanged why not pick an easier target like Saudi Arabia? why is a repressive barbaric murderous regime friends of the west? hypocritical if you ask me

ironic solaris that you echo the same sot of things people were saying about iraq before the war

and if we want to stop women's abuses and gays being hanged why not pick an easier target like Saudi Arabia? why is a repressive barbaric murderous regime friends of the west? hypocritical if you ask me

ironic solaris that you echo the same sot of things people were saying about iraq before the war
Not really ironic becuase I hold a principle of human solidarity and believe we have an obligation to our fellow human beings who suffer under facist and totalitarian regimes. They are totally untolerable.

Also, I don't like saudi arabia either... they're no friends of mine...

oh come on the cure is always worse than the disease ..your "obligation to humanity" is absolutely never a justification for invasion or regime change

Yadda Yadda Yadda

TL:dr though I guess it was arguing about semantics as usual :rolleyes:

What about arming terrorists in Iraq

You have actual proof of this that doesn't come from a either an American Newspaper or an American politician?

how women are treated in his country

What that they are free to Vote, Study at university, get a job and drive a car unlike Saudi Arabia?

and the hanging of homosexuals and rape victims etc.

I'm not entirely sure that Mr President is entirely responsible for Irans religious laws himself, or that kidnapping him is going to change them. :dozey:

I think your trying to play with words here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgpP7cLLJqk

Refuted.

Oh noes, not the mighty Youtube :eek:

Yet if you watch it, he's pretty clear in talking about the zionist regime, not the people. However as evidence it helps if the words actually tie up with the pictures ;)

Oh noes, not the mighty Youtube

I love it.

Evidence. In Front of Your Face.

First rebuttal you offer me? "Oh noes, mockery."

Then you try to interpret it -- instead of taking his word for it.

First rebuttal you offer me? "Oh noes, mockery."

If the best you can do is Youtube you do need to be mocked I'm afraid.

Then you try to interpret it -- instead of taking his word for it.

Well given I'm being presented with an interpretation I'd have to be pretty ****ing gullible to take that interpretation on face value retardo. Like most people with a modicum of common sense I employ a value system when it comes to assessing the truth as to what's reported. Critical thinking may not be a strong point in whatever sub human backwater you eminate from but where I am it's part of the day to day. Israel as a land is highly regarded by the Arab world especially because of it's religious significance, the notion that any Muslim would actively seek to turn it into a Nuclear wasteland is a media fantasy, so we can scratch that idea for starters. Kill all the Jews? Well he could have a head start if he killed the 100000+ in Iran already, not happening, so let's scratch that idea. So what's left, dismantle the regime of Israel, the one that has opppressed the Palestinians for 35 years perhaps? Could be. :rolleyes:

You are aware, I hope, that homosexuals are being hanged in Iran, Kadayi? Why do you feel the need to defend Iran?

Kadayi said:
dismantle the regime of Israel, the one that has opppressed the Palestinians for 35 years perhaps? Could be.
This was his stance.

Well, I suppose if you dislike somebody too much, you can always get a SpecOps team to "sort it out".

15357 said:
Well, I suppose if you dislike somebody too much, you can always get a SpecOps team to "sort it out".

except assassinating the leader of a sovereign state is against international law ..since iran is part of the UN and so is the US and south korea they'd be breaking laws they agreed to

You are aware, I hope, that homosexuals are being hanged in Iran, Kadayi? Why do you feel the need to defend Iran?

Well right now I'm wondering what the relevance is, I mean exactly where did I state I was defending Iran Monkey? I'm discussing the Iranian Presidents comments regarding Israel, nothing more. :dozey:

This was his stance.

Glad someone around here also understands this.

except assassinating the leader of a sovereign state is against international law ..since iran is part of the UN and so is the US and south korea they'd be breaking laws they agreed to

Yeah, but I don't think the UN is too keen on placing sactions on the US.

.... or any other nation with overwhelmingly superior military power.

Yeah, but I don't think the UN is too keen on placing sactions on the US.

.... or any other nation with overwhelmingly superior military power.

it's also contrary to US law

Executive Order 12333 on
?United States Intelligence Activities.? Section 2.11 of the order provides: ?Prohibition on
Assassination. No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government
shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, assassination.? Section 2.12 of the order prohibits
indirect participation in activities prohibited by the order, stating: ?Indirect participation.
No agency of the Intelligence Community shall participate in or request any person to
undertake activities forbidden by this Order.?

http://www.fas.org/irp/crs/RS21037.pdf

Lol. I think the US stopped caring about laws back in 2003.

Lol. I think the US stopped caring about laws back in 2003.

nope, read the article ..it talks about how they looked for a loop hole in the executive order so that they could assassinate tribal leaders ..tribal leaders are not the same as heads of state. the executive order is still in effect

nope, read the article ..it talks about how they looked for a loop hole in the executive order so that they could assassinate tribal leaders ..tribal leaders are not the same as heads of state. the executive order is still in effect

Oh.

I find this hilarious, for some morbid reason.

I'd prolly think different if I was a tribe leader, but meh. :p

Back