It turns out I can beat portal, I just needed to be sober!

redrabbit

Reaction score
Hello everyone.. I have recently dropped drug use and I am turning to half life for ... A lot... of... Time consummation, I guess you could say. I go to a rehabilitation center for a month minimum soon.. They said I could bring my laptop.. I have the Half-Life Platinum Collection for PC, so I am planning on bringing that and basically immersing myself as much as I can in this wonderful series with the possible time I am given.. I really dig the style half life has, everything about it.. I first played The Orange Box for the ps3, as my introduction to the games.. I fell headcrab over heels with Half-life 2.... I just played through portal earlier and beat it, which was nice considering before I always tried to play portal on hallucinogenic drugs and it just.. never really worked out.. I did manage to beat the hell out of Half-Life 2 drugged up though, and I am looking forward to replaying it sober as I am sure there is a terrible amount i've missed.

I basically came to this forum to help me just.. Love the game more. If anyone would like to talk feel free to message me on aim, I don't really know anyone that is that INTO half life.. But I'm sort of planning to get downright dorkish with it.

Welcome and good luck on staying sober. The Lounge is where all the fun is on this forum if your wondering.

Welcome! you'll find plenty of people to talk about HL2 with here!

I actually found it easier to game when I was using. Regardless, your situation is undoubtedly better in that regard! Cheers, enjoy the lovely games.

Good luck on your program, if you relapse you can always make a drunk thread.

I actually found it easier to game when I was using.

I did for HL 2 on the playstation and through some half life on pc... but Portal, i'd always just start tripping.. realize I am confusing myself for hours on end, and then just quitting.. haha

Thanks everyone for being so kind.

A thread in the newbie section that is actually good?

This is the end of worlds.

Welcome to the forums, as people have said this is certainly the right place to talk Half Life, though the off-topic forums is where the majority of the community is now (at least until news of the next Half Life comes out).

Welcome and good luck!

I definitely recommend playing through the original Half-Life games (Half-Life, Opposing Force, and Blue Shift) before going on to replay HL2, Ep1, and Ep2. The original HL is still a great, atmospheric game despite its age.

If you have internet, there are also a wealth of fantastic mods both singleplayer and multiplayer for HL and HL2 that can be explored - http://moddb.com/ or http://planetphillip.com/ are good places to find mods.

I heard that licking chumtoads produces effects similar to hallucinogens.

Seriously though, hi. Original Half-Life and its expansions are all great games.

Also, get Portal 2.

I would've imagined Portal being amazing on LSD, what do you know...

Anyway, welcome!

Yes, I'm going to bring my 'platinum Collection' or whatever you want to call it, to rehab.

'Half-Life Platinum includes Half-Life: Game of the Year Edition, Half-Life: Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life: Blue Shift, and Half-Life: Counter-Strike.'

I LOVE playing the older games on my pc.. I never was much of a PC gamer, other than like.. Diablo 2 and unreal... Half Life definitely makes me want to get a gaming desktop.. Right now I run it on my thinkpad.. I'm a cool mother****er because I play Half Life on a business notebook...

Also, get Portal 2
I just bought portal 2 for playstation 3, very excited for it!

I am also equally excited to simply play through Half life 2 and the episodes :).

Thank you all for being so kind, I supposedly leave Wednesday. Let's hope they let me ditch group activities for vid'yagames... If not I'll just have to beat some counselors with a crowbar.

I would've imagined Portal being amazing on LSD, what do you know.
Never tried on LSD... Just shrooms.. and ketamine.. I even went through a deliriant binge when I played Half Life 2... Why? Because a common deliriant hallucination is, well.... Spiders, haha.. I've spent many nights thinking a headcrab made it out of the television... I always called them 'turkeyspiders', however.

No problem with playing HL2 on drugs... just portal :)

Back