It was a sign, I'm sure of it

Reaction score
For those who don't know my financial situation I have a £1250 overdraft, and about £60 left to pay for books and food until Christmas.

Today, I just got approved for ANOTHER overdraft and credit card :D

As I was walking towards the bank, the Subways - Oh Yeah came on my random playlist on my mp3 player. Man I walked in with such a good feeling :)

Words cannot express how happy I am right now - I'm soooo out clubbing tonight!

University is HEAVEN boys n girls. HEAVEN.

:farmer: http://www.comrade.phenylshouse.com/stuff/uni/P1010194.JPG <- I'm the one with his collar up :D bad pic of me, but heyyy

ComradeBadger said:

Just remember, they'll need the money back one day.......

And university (the work side of it anyway) is fun until the second year. Jesus H Christ I've done a lot of work over the past 2 months, more than the first year combined it seems!

ComradeBadger said:
I have a £1250 overdraft, and about £60 left to pay for books and food until Christmas.

This happened to my brother, then it happened again, god knows how, it happened another 10x over. He owes £15.000+ and is now currently bankrupted.

ríomhaire said:
You're digging yourself a hole.

Grave more like.

When you get that credit card, do yourself a favor, cut it up.

Credit cards are only to be used for online purchases or purchases where no other tender is acceptable.

Always pay off your credit card bill the minute you get it.

Otherwise you end up like my former boss, $30,000 in debt.

I have to laugh at this. Credit card debt is nowt to smile about, but hey, to each his own.

You are on the way to bankruptcy.

You have no chance to pay of these debts make your time.

Ha. ha. ha.

poor comrade... :(
we must start a badger fund to help support of comrade friend!

Kamikazie said:
poor comrade... :(
we must start a badger fund to help support of comrade friend!
No, because that's called "enabling" and enabling is bad.

MiccyNarc said:
Credit cards are only to be used for online purchases or purchases where no other tender is acceptable.

Always pay off your credit card bill the minute you get it.

Otherwise you end up like my former boss, $30,000 in debt.
Yeah, I use credit cards online only. I haven't authed the cards yet. So if I want something, I have to go to the trouble of authing the card itself first.

And those saying I'm digging a hole/grave .. I can afford to pay back almost all of my debts when I leave uni, plus both banks run a graduate program whereby the overdraft stays interest free but slowly gets smaller, letting you pay it off as you can afford.

ComradeBadger said:
And those saying I'm digging a hole/grave .. I can afford to pay back almost all of my debts when I leave uni
Fair do's.
ComradeBadger said:
both banks run a graduate program whereby the overdraft stays interest free but slowly gets smaller, letting you pay it off as you can afford.
Wouldn't know, never been to uni. It sounds like a good idea. To bad my brother wasn't offered a similar program. ;(

Good news mate :) Bravo

ComradeBadger said:

:farmer: http://www.comrade.phenylshouse.com/stuff/uni/P1010194.JPG <- I'm the one with his collar up :D bad pic of me, but heyyy
You're not wrong :)
The farmer picture's very weird... There's a LOT of students 'round my campus who dress almost EXACTLY like that all the time. Agriculture students, popularly known as "Agrics", synonymous with being very posh, very cliquey, rather right-wing and rather strange.
You can always spot their cars because they'll have a "Fight the ban on fox-hunting!" sticker in their window or on their bumper or both.

Actually that was old man pub night. We all got dressed up like old men, and hit all the old man pubs in town. The night ended with me getting faceraped by some girl and then running away home where I promptly fell asleep on my flatmate :D

hm, If you can afford to pay off your loan as you suggest why did you bother getting the loan in the first place? It's like people who say "Oh, but my parents will pay it off for me!" if that's the case why didn't you borrow off your parents to begin with !?

My parents don't have any money, I've had to finance everything myself - I inherit at 21 - I'm lucky in the sense that my grandmothers and grandfathers scrimped and saved for ages and I have £8000 I can use to get debt free.

ComradeBadger said:
The night ended with me getting faceraped by some girl and then running away home where I promptly fell asleep on my flatmate :D
That is a GOOD phrase. I presume it entails a lady trying to pull an unwilling party? ie: you.

Ah ha ha ha haaaa! The first time is always free.:devil: Welcome to hell, kid! I own credit card companies, and they will stick your soul in a jar and shake it for fun if you don't heed the good advice of the members here.

You whore badger, :p through your overdraft already? Liver check please.
Im only going into mine so I can pay the deposit for my house next academic year. Budget, budget, budget. It's not that hard :D

ComradeBadger said:
For those who don't know my financial situation I have a £1250 overdraft, and about £60 left to pay for books and food until Christmas. ...I'm soooo out clubbing tonight!...

Nice to know that you learnt a lesson from that =D

el Chi said:
That is a GOOD phrase. I presume it entails a lady trying to pull an unwilling party? ie: you.

Good (well known) phrase, but bad thing though. Face 'RAPE' implying it wasn't nice, implying she was a troglodite! LOL

The best thing about living at home is that the LEA loan. the disadvantage of living away is that loan goes towards dormitary fees :(

I've experienced the good and the bad sides of Uni, I should know.

Just don't spend your overdraft all at once, otherwise coming out of Uni, you will be knee deep in the S*it

I'm pretty much out of money too. At the moment im working my arse off over Christmas and while im down here to get back in the black by the time my loan comes through but it won't happen... so i'm pretty ****ed all year now, and i have rent/uni trips etc to pay for. It's not looking good.

DEATH eVADER said:
Just don't spend your overdraft all at once, otherwise coming out of Uni, you will be knee deep in the S*it

Free money! FREE MONEY! :bounce:

Hmmm i've never been in debt.
Somehow i hardly spend a thing despite having healthy diet and other large expenses.
I guess that really shows how much people waste on alcohol.

I put away about 80% of my earnings.

short recoil said:
Hmmm i've never been in debt.
Somehow i hardly spend a thing despite having healthy diet and other large expenses.
I guess that really shows how much people waste on alcohol.

I put away about 80% of my earnings.

Rent/mortgage/tax cuts into cash quite a bit. And pointless services, especially since now it's illegal to rewire your home's electricity, (just for example), you have to get a 'qualified' professional to do it for you.

I am not in debt yet, but that will change come next semester once I have to pay the second half of my tuition. I have $40,000 in inheritance to get me through university but that won't pay for everything for all 4 years. Plus I would like to use whatever of that is left over once I have my degree to go on a 1-2 month trip through Europe with a bunch of my friends.

The Mullinator said:
I have $40,000 in inheritance to get me through university but that won't pay for everything for all 4 years. .... I would like to use whatever of that is left over

*head explodes*

Sounds like you need to take out a mortgage to goto uni.

*Kirovman's head explodes*

SLH said:
*head explodes*
$40,000 Canadian isn't as much as $40,000 American. I already spent about $15,000 for living expenses and tuition so far. The money I earn barely supports me for things like food and helping to reduce the amount of the $40,000 I use.

Well, I've got a £10000 debt. It's low interest though, so my concern is also low.

The Mullinator said:
$40,000 Canadian isn't as much as $40,000 American. I already spent about $15,000 for living expenses and tuition so far. The money I earn barely supports me for things like food and helping to reduce the amount of the $40,000 I use.
I know the difference between Canadian dollars and American :)

My head exploded because you said you didn't have enough money to pay for stuff, then said you were planning to use what was left over...... errrrr. if you don't have enough cash surely there would be nothing left over to spend?! :p

(P.S. yes, i type well considering i have no head).

el Chi said:
Good news mate :) Bravo

You're not wrong :)
The farmer picture's very weird... There's a LOT of students 'round my campus who dress almost EXACTLY like that all the time. Agriculture students, popularly known as "Agrics", synonymous with being very posh, very cliquey, rather right-wing and rather strange.
You can always spot their cars because they'll have a "Fight the ban on fox-hunting!" sticker in their window or on their bumper or both.
My kind of crowd!

SLH said:
I know the difference between Canadian dollars and American :)

My head exploded because you said you didn't have enough money to pay for stuff, then said you were planning to use what was left over...... errrrr. if you don't have enough cash surely there would be nothing left over to spend?! :p

(P.S. yes, i type well considering i have no head).
What I meant was the $40,000 alone won't pay for everything. That is where the money I earn comes into play. If I can earn enough money and still have around $5000 by the end in savings then I can pay for my trip.

The Mullinator said:
What I meant was the $40,000 alone won't pay for everything. That is where the money I earn comes into play. If I can earn enough money and still have around $5000 by the end in savings then I can pay for my trip.
Ah ha! :D

Back