John Patrick Lowrie Believes Dota 2 Coming This Autumn

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
johnellen.jpg
[br]
Podcast Impetuous Windmills recently had an interview with married couple Ellen McClain and John Patrick Lowrie, both key voice actors in Valve's games. Ellen known as her voice as GLaDOS, the TF2 announcer & the Combine Overwatch and John having voiced TF2's Sniper, Odessa Cubbage (as well as a known HL2 citizen) and several Dota 2 characters.[br]In the interview the couple talked about their work with Valve over the years and what they have been working on recently.
  • Ellen said she has done more voice work for Portal 2 since it was released for DLC #1 - 'For the multiplayer part'[br]
  • John has voiced 7 characters for Dota 2 so far. He couldn't recall 2 of them but the remaining 5 include: "An ice spirit guy, an ultimate devil guy, a martial arts mystic guy, Pudge and Storm Spirit."[br]
  • He believes Valve are aiming for a release this fall (autumn).[br]
  • In an interesting anecdote, John told the story that Valve did not realise he and Ellen were married until they were called in on the same day to work on their TF2 announcer & sniper parts.[br]
  • As usual there was an episode 3 question which Ellen knew nothing about. John however said that Bill Van Buren (a Valve animator) came over for dinner recently and the topic of Episode 3 was discussed. No further comments were added.

Well this is surprising. Unlike valve to release a game without hyping it for a few months with images, trailers etc

• John has voiced 7 characters for Dota 2 so far. He couldn't recall 2 of them but the remaining 5 include: "An ice spirit guy, an ultimate devil guy, a marshall arts mystic guy, Pudge and Storm Spirit."
I think it's "martial arts", unless it has something to do with an artist named Marshall.

Bill is an animator, not a writer, but I know he's in all VO sessions. He's also a very nice guy for replying my mails in the past.

As usual there was an episode 3 question which Ellen knew nothing about. John however said that Bill Van Buren (a Valve writer) came over for dinner recently and the topic of Episode 3 was discussed. No further comments were added.
ASDFQWNJDKdgfdgfd

DO-WANT.jpg

Keep the dream alive!

I like how Lowrie and McLain are always Valve's go to guys, and you can see why. Both of them do such a brilliant job.

He gave up animating to write his memoirs which Valve are currently making into a game called The Life of Bill. It's set in the Ricochet universe.

Yeah, about how often one falls when taking leaps of faith. And how much one wishes it upon others. It's the next biggest thing since HL2.

Back