Just a general Question For all the Leet HL2 Players.

D

duders00

aight so i have
2.8 ghz processor.
512 mb RAM
radeon 9800 PRO 256 mb

do you think that i could handle Half Life 2 with Everything on Full settings?:cheers:

Yeh. I can, I don't own half life 2 but I can ASSURE you it will run great.

aight

ok so you're pretty sure i can run EVERYTHING at full settings?

do you think i could run DOOM 3 on full settings also?

:sniper: :cheers:

What's the obsession with settings?

You can surely run everything at full settings, your performance will be another issue :p. Oh, and resolution matters. I expect you'd be fine with 1024x768, but have framerate dips at 1280x1024.

And no, you can't run Doom3 at full settings. Almost no one can. There are several graphical features that are disabled by default. One won't turn on unless you have 512 MB video RAM (not so much of a "turn on", just that compression will be used), and for another you need to edit the config files, but it would probably take an even more powerful video card (clockrate wise).

aight

aigh tthanks for the replies.

I just wanted to know. I'm pshy:cheers: ced to get the game.

I wouldn't run it on full settings with that set-up. High, I'm sure but on full - expect major slow downs at many points in the game. Full graphics aren't integral in HL2 anyway, it's beautiful anyway :)

aight

so i should run everything on high but not like ULTRA?

What about Call of Duty 2?

Ask that on a COD2 forum :) You will be able to run the game very well, just take that, and try the demo or buy it and play it. It's really not that important. You can do a stress test in the game & also fiddle around with the settings in the video options very easily to configure the game perfectly to your machine.

aight so i have
2.8 ghz processor.
512 mb RAM
radeon 9800 PRO 256 mb

do you think that i could handle Half Life 2 with Everything on Full settings?:cheers:
Half-Life 2: yes. But I have an almost identical system and HL2 episode 1 gives me one hell of a lot of grief when I run with HDR on full. Good frame rate, just very unstable and crashes a lot. It seems to be a problem across Radeon 9800pro cards.

umm you wont be able to play on all high. model and textures high work best with 768mb+ ram, but everything else should run fine.

Actually, textures are largely what the video card's memory is used for. Hence, a 256 MB video card can handle large textures fairly well.

Those settings can play on all high. However, as far as I can judge, that would be with slowdowns in several places, and then, after all, it's up to the specific player to determine whether he/she is satisfied with those FPS rates. There are players who are all happy if their framerate stays at 20 or higher, and won't notice the difference, and others want a FPS of at least 30 :shrug:.

Back