Renegade Ops - top down, vehicle-based explody action from the Just Cause dudes

Bad^Hat

The Freeman
Reaction score
What it says on the tin. Classic twin-stick (or mouse/kb) carshoots with loads of amazingly pretty explosions and weapon upgrades and all that good stuff. Coming to PC/XBLA/PSN in September, with a short delay on the PC version from what I gather, but we get beefed up graphics and mouse/keyboard controls so hey. System specs for PC:

Minimum:
Processor: Intel CoreR 2 Duo 2.6 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 2.4GHz or similar
Memory: 2GB System memory
Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 256 MB memory (Nvidia GeForce 8800 series/ ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro)
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10
Hard Drive: 10GB available space
Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible sound card

Recommended
Processor: Intel CoreR i5 M540 or similar
Memory: 3GB system memory
Graphics: DX10 compatible graphics card with 512 MB memory (Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 series/ ATI Radeon HD 5750 series)
DirectX®: Microsoft DirectX 10.1
Sound: 100% DirectX 10 compatible Dolby Digital 5.1 sound card

Trailers and some extended gameplay below. Also RPS did a preview and Giant Bomb did a short quick look if you want a better idea of how it plays.

Oh, look at mister "I can't decide to buy an awesome game I've wanted for many months now for $27", committing instantly to buying a game he just learned about two seconds ago.

Hey it took me some convincing, and it's only like $7.50

Also I'm not 'committing', as you can see I said 'for now' as I may change my mind.

The main thing I'm worried about is the lag playing with Badhat.

****ing Badhat always ruining shit with his lag. I'd jump in on this if I hadn't blown through like two months worth of my hobby budget just last week.

I'll deal with the lag. I ALWAYS DO.

Anyway that brings us to like 2 1/2 people including Vegeta's tentative "yes" so I guess we need one set of siamese twins or one really fat guy to complete the pack.

Okay, so Vegeta's in for real, and Shaker makes four. PMing you all to sort dis.

5:12 AM - Vegeteus: it is DONE
5:12 AM - BadHat: Excellent
5:12 AM - BadHat: Now I just need to fool another 97 people into gifting me money and I can move to the libertarian island

SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER

Looks fun, but in those gameplay videos I didn't see any ammo counters or health bars. There's no HUD visible at all.

Giant Bomb did a short quick look that gives you a bit of a better idea of what it's about, and you can see the HUD and everything. It's going for that retro vibe though, so the only things with limited ammo are your special weapons afaik.

So if anyone else still wants the game but can't be bothered organising their own four-pack, you can use that promo over at GreenManGaming to get it for around $10. Also adding some stuff the OP to make it more informative for the rest of you, since I was pretty much just making it to trick people into four-packing with me before. :)

anyone else for a 4-pack on Steam?

or do you guys need to fill the group Bad Hat? I'm interested if you need more people

it's so damn fun!

is there really no one else on here that's willing to go in on a 4-pack?
do I really have to drop 1200ms points on this? cause I will!

Greenman Gaming has it coming 23 September, assuming they're reliable. I'm pretty sure they said it would be "a couple of weeks" after consoles got it, so I guess any time between now and the end of the month.

Okay, some good news (sort of) and some "what?" news.

The good news is that the PC version finally has a release date: October 14. Hooraaaay.

As for the other news, well, uh... Gordon Freeman is a playable character. He drives the buggy from Ep 2. His special weapon is Antlions.

Yes, really.

now I really hate valve

whats so bad about gordon freeman and the muscle car being included in the game?

Oh, good. Just went to see when it would unlock and it seems like they've stealthily shifted the release back to the 20th. Boy, last minute delays sure do fill me with confidence. :(

Who cares? I bought the game and I don't. It comes out when it comes out. It's not like I'm waiting for it.

Who cares? I bought the game and I don't. It comes out when it comes out. It's not like I'm waiting for it.

Ah so you're not waiting for it so no one else can care. I see. For the record, Sega delay this past the date they've now shoved on their site and I'm getting a refund from Green Man. Absolute sham.

hl2 fans complaining about a game being delayed? pffffttttt........

So then why the **** buy it? You seem so apathetic about it.
Because it looks like a fun game that I'd like to play when it comes out?

Just because I'm not getting pissed about delays doesn't mean I don't care about the game. I'm not biting my nails over the release, and I'm especially not going to get upset over delays. What have I lost due to the game being delayed? If the developers need more time to make the game good, so be it.

I'm definitely going to play BM:S on release but I'm not hanging on every news update about it. Same story, it comes out when it's done, nothing I can do about it, I don't need to play it right the **** now so why not just get excited when it actually comes out.

I don't mind so much that it's been delayed, but I do mind that they've delayed it multiple times now at the last minute without saying a thing about it. That doesn't fill me with confidence, and them staying silent about it doesn't say "we just have to square away a few things" so much as "oh god the code is on fire delay delay." Going to see if I can get a refund without affecting you guys' copies, at this point I'd rather just grab it on Xbox.

You bastard, half the reason I got it was to play with you :<

Oh yeah, well okay it can't be that bad I guess *backtrack backtrack* whatever it was cheap enough. >_>

Back