Just a question.

Reaction score
I know I don't post much of my work here but I do love to do level design, codeing, etc. etc... anyway my teacher(Not really but I call him that because every weds. and thurs. he calls a group of us togather for 2 hours and teaches us tons of stuff on how to mod and make or own games. maybe I should call him our leader I don't know..) has 3DStudioMAX and lightwave to model, I asked him if he could get me a copy of XSI and a Zbrush, he said yes but he says hes more familiar with max and lightwave and lightwave and could probably teach me more with that then the other. But he said he'd get it if I thought we really needed it what do you guys think yes or no?

P.S. sry if this post is a little sloppy kinda of busy right now and I'm also trying to multitask.

i treally all depends on what you're comfortable with mate i know i seem inclined toward max but its only because it suits my workflow well all you have to do is sample some tutorials or download a trial and see if the program offers what you require for your pipeline and then incorporate it into your system. if you're worried that choosing xsi would mean that you wont get as much help with it dont be . there are plenty of well documented tutorials out there.

lightwave really isnt in comparison to max and xsi. you can get xsi mod tool for free but if he can get you a copy of xsi for free then go for it.

if you're worried that choosing xsi would mean that you wont get as much help with it dont be . there are plenty of well documented tutorials out there.

Back