Just found an old game that i lost when i was a kid

Ravioli

Microboner
Reaction score
I remember when i was younger i played Doom1, but soon after i played another FPS game that i loved. It has the same graphics as doom but better, and you walk around shoting these army guys. Then for YEARS i never played, it was lost, i forgot the name, it was the past. Untill now....the game has been right before my eyes but i just didnt know. I watched Doom the movie just now and in the bonus features they showed some games by ID...including that game...Wolfenstine. I have heard people talking about this, how great it is, telling me to get it but i have always been ignorant, not knowing that this was the game i loved as a kid. DAMN, all these years i have been searching and it has been right there all the time...im so stupid...

Wolfenstein 3D was pre Doom, as were it's graphics. Spear of Destiny was sortof a sequel to Wolf 3D on the Doom engine iirc. I played the original topdown Wolfenstein on an Apple IIc when I was a kid. "Ausweis!"

Yeah an awesome game, but actually it's graphics weren't technically better than Doom's... Doom supported various levels of lighting for a start.

Built on the same engine though.

kirovman said:
Yeah an awesome game, but actually it's graphics weren't technically better than Doom's... Doom supported various levels of lighting for a start.

Built on the same engine though.
Yea Doom 1 had much more complicated geometry and shading. Levels had stairways and ups and downs. The camera also bobbed while you walk, among other additions. Wolfenstien was entirely flat with very simple 3D hallways.

How in the hell could you forget about a pioneer in gaming?

I remember when I couldn't play Wolfenstein 3D on my uncle's PC because it had not enough memory or something... :D

This game ?
rott5.gif

That's Rise of the Triad. More info and a demo here http://www.3drealms.com/rott/

Jesus christ! O_O

I remember RotT, good lord... back then it was probably one of the goriest games ever made.

I don't think that SoD (how I used to giggle when I typed that in DOS) was on the Doom engine because it was out a year before Doom. I seem to remember it looked exactly the same as Wolfenstein 3d.

I wish I could play RotT again, God that game was so fun on stormy days.

Damn hexen ruled. I remember Wolfenstein, i felt sick after playing it thou.

Back