K I don't even like this kind of music.

Dog--

The Freeman
Reaction score
But Daft Punk is pretty ballin.

Tell me some more music like this, please.

Ew.

I don't even want to know more music like that, please.

I think by "this kind of music" he meant "anything containing a sound not produced by vibrating strings, vocal cords, or drums"

That techno bullshit.

I actually just realized it's only their songs with voice I like, I think I like the robotic talkbox like voice. I did come across them by listening to Still Alive covers on youtube, so... yea.

BTW "this type of music" I meant techno - I HATE techno.

boom boom satellites are good, but the only techno/electronic type music i like is by paul oakenfold

I think by "this kind of music" he meant "anything containing a sound not produced by vibrating strings, vocal cords, or drums"

That techno bullshit.

Don't you like.. Play a keyboard? You know there aren't strings in that little rectangular prism, yes?

BTW "this type of music" I meant techno - I HATE techno.

no such thing as "techno"

Google Rave music?

no such thing as "rave music"

But Daft Punk is pretty ballin.

Tell me some more music like this, please.

Try the last decade's house music, and this decade's electro.

if you're specific for that pumping french sound, try french house like thomas bangalter, justice, yves larock.

The thing about house and electro is that you partly listen to it because it's catchy and danceable, partly because the chicks love it.

What you get if you listen to metal
http://a7.vox.com/6a00c22520039b8fdb00d10a79d3078bfa-500pi

What you get if you listen to house:
NYE2007-Girls50.jpg

daft punk are great. everyones just bitching on here because they're girls that like emo music

I do enjoy some Daft Punk, but the problem is you hear some of their songs played way to often.

If you havent already, you could listen to their Alive 2007 tour. The songs are all familiar, but all mixed together which makes it way better in my opinion.

If you havent already, you could listen to their Alive 2007 tour. The songs are all familiar, but all mixed together which makes it way better in my opinion.

Agreed. The utoob vid I posted is a track from that album.

Justice.

They are like Daft Punk's Marmite flavoured offspring. You either love them or hate them. I personally think they are awesome

Was listening to Daft Punk while driving around in the sun yesterday. Felt like I was king of the goddam world.

I MAKE THE HoUSE MUSIC UNCE UNCE UNCE I TALK LIKE A ROBOT MAN UNCE UNCE UNCE

If you don't care what type of techno, try Shy Child, they have some good stuff.

You make me so mad I think I might just kill you.

(Shy Child aren't really 'techno', or even electronic. They're more along the lines of dance-flavoured indie :)dozey:) rock.)

oh christ people stop recommending chemical brothers and things not even remotely similar to daft punk.

daft punk is french house music, and if you want more of the same you want french electro house.

justice
MSTRKRFT
ratatat
mr oizo
sebastiAn
digitalism
boys noize

basically anything with a nice dose of side-chain compression.

I would say Chemical Brothers and Daft Punk share more than Justice and Daft Punk. I would also think that he's looking for a similar feel, rather than a similar style/genre.

Wasn't worrying about specifics too much, just throwing out electro-rock-what-the-f*ck-ever-you-want-to-call-it stuff I thought he might like.

Nice list from fiznut though.

Back