Kalt Released!

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
I’m going to keep this short and sweet because I want to play some Day of Defeat: Source![br]Valve has finally released their next map for Day of Defeat: Source, Kalt. Of course, this map is using Valve’s implementation of High Dynamic Range lighting, make this level just another piece of art by Valve. Oh, there is also a nice fix for Day of Defeat: Source, correcting the issue players had when they were getting stuck in object around their favorite maps.
New Map
  • Added dod_kalt with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
Day of Defeat: Source
  • Fixed players getting stuck on models
Well, I guess there’s nothing else to say other than… Restart your Steam client to download the map and update!

Oh yes! One of my most favourite maps of Day of Defeat. Weee!
I can't wait to see it in full glory.

HybridM said:

Ok, the than thing isn't what worries me, it's that I said "implication" (Wtf) I think my Microsoft Works Spell Checker is on the frits... Or my brain.

HiPNoTyQ said:

No no, those were some stupid mistakes. I'm glad someone pointed them out...

too bad its not gunna make the game better its still a piece of crap 1.3 FOR SUMMER CPL

cyan!de said:
too bad its not gunna make the game better its still a piece of crap 1.3 FOR SUMMER CPL

Yeah! The First Amendment at its finest!

cyan!de said:

Oh the trolls from SP.com forum's spilled over here! :|

good, but...

It's a pretty good remake, but I miss my satchel charges!

What are they going to do about (forget the name of the map) the one where satchel charges are required to reach certain side areas... that would suck arse if they just left them open at all times... but then, that is a british/german map, and so far they don't have the british implemented anyway ;(

Oh well, at least "dod_kalt2" is fun

It's good and the graphics are fine, but I don't like how it works just yet. The map simply hasn't grown on me yet, I feel exposed all the time.

CookieCuttah said:
I feel exposed all the time.

I like the feeling, so then I need to depend on teammates to watch my back and vice-versa.

Dame Valve is getting these updates out insanely fast.

After 20 mins of play, and I have to say
it's a DAMN GOOD MAP :)

Any ideas about the new rendering effects?

runs fine apart from around the bridge area then it becomes very choppy framerate wise, even if I turn off HDR.

ZoFreX said:
No, this is a professional news site, there's nothing wrong with expecting correct spelling.

Is it a professional news site? I mean, the people who write the news don't exactly get paid, do they? I was under the impression that this was a fansite. Besides, even professional writers make grammar mistakes in their articles all the time.

I'm hopping in game now.

Just because some professional writers do doesn't make it okay, and just because these people are unpaid and this is a fansite doesn't mean they shouldn't have some professionalism. If they went all AOL on us I'm sure the usercount would drop quite drastically, and giving something a once over before posting it isn't too hard - I do it for my forum posts, let alone something on the front page of a website with 15 000 users!

Back