kinect creator: hardly anyone plays first person shooters on pc anymore

<RJMC>

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://kotaku.com/5643105/kinect-creator-hardly-anyone-plays-first+person-shooters-on-pc-anymore

500x_tsunuda2.jpg

I guess he joined steve's jobs school of marketing...

and now I hear the internet rage incoming....

"Microsoft's Kudo Tsunoda"

ya way to support pc gaming microsoft

also consoles and microsoft are the reason why fps are no longer relevant on the pc

He managed to create a motion control device yet comes up with babble like that?

:angry:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

yea i heard this on gaf

i am REALLY starting to hate this guy REALLY quickly.

I can see him there with kotick and molyneux soon in terms of people i despise most in the industry :flame:

Halo 2 did an awesome job of being a four year-old first person shooter exclusively for a shipwreck of an operating system. Now hardly anyone plays first person shooters on the PC anymore. It's all totally about how much better consoles are than Windows Vista. Hell, these sunglasses run graphics intensive games better than Windows Vista.

In fact, I can see the hardcore market right now. They're under your shirt, you casual bitch.
/fixed

I doubt he even made it. Probably just stealing the credit from the techies.

Consoles > Windows?

What a tool. Microsoft are tripping up all over themselves to help advertise the PS3 and bring down Windows as a viable platform.

For example:
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/20/shuhei-yoshida-xbox-360-kinect-helped-ps3-move/

Just **** yourself Microsoft. You've got the finesse of George Bush right now, and I think it's time for new management.

On a side note, I wouldn't play a FPS on a console if it was the only option. It's just that horrific in comparison. The only advantage it has is easy analog movement (walk/jog/run), everything else is horrid.

I still wish someone would make a numberpad sized keypad with analog buttons for the PC (along with all the other necessary buttons to switch weapons/magic, use a flashlight, things like that), so you could do the same.

it makes sense: why invest in a platform they have little to no control over in a sea of other companies trying to do the same thing when you can just build your own box that you can control down the smallest revenue generating bits.

The thing with this sort of story.. is the original quote means nothing.. A guy that hardly anyone has heard of.. creator of a product that has nothing to do with the PC and very little to do with first person shooters, says something pointless.

But then it gets pasted on every news site until the argument bumps it to the top of every discussion list on every games forum.. but people don't see the facts or the counter-argument, all they see is the original headline, in bold text at the top of every search.

For months when you type in 'First Person Shooters' into google, one of the top results will be a link to this guys gormless face.. burnt into the internets memory.

That was an excuse to rant and whine about gaming news in general.. back on topic!

Down with microsoft!

Why doesn't anyone see that this is basically the same technology as the PS2's eyetoy from ****ing like 10 years ago? It's just updated with the advances of technology that you'd gain over that amount of time. It's a camera... that records your movement... and has gameplay that reacts to it. I mean I know it wasn't popular but... did everyone just forget?

Also this guy is stupid. But that is a given.

Kudo did such an awesome job building hate exclusively for Kinect, and now hardly anybody uses motion controllers anymore. Its all about less stupid shit.

Why doesn't anyone see that this is basically the same technology as the PS2's eyetoy from ****ing like 10 years ago? It's just updated with the advances of technology that you'd gain over that amount of time. It's a camera... that records your movement... and has gameplay that reacts to it. I mean I know it wasn't popular but... did everyone just forget?

Also this guy is stupid. But that is a given.

Because unlike sony they're going to market the living **** out of this ;(

The PS2 Eye Toy was far from unpopular... it was a raging success actually, selling over 10 million units despite Sony not putting too much effort into promotion/advertising for it.

That quote is retarded, I'd rather die in a fiery car crash than give up PC FPS for the vastly inferior, maddeningly softcore world of console FPS.

41bdqfaml3lsl500aa300.jpg

Oh wait

But as we've seen before, it's not that simple. Try playing Oblivion, [or many other FPS] on the PC with a gamepad. It's not the same code built into the game. Using the 360 pad to play Oblivion on the PC nothing like the experience when you use a 360 pad to play Oblivion on a 360.

I would expect it would be the same story using a mouse on a console - unless it was designed to use one, and the console game was designed to use one. And especially on a console, you won't be able to tweak it- probably no adjustments at all, in fact.

To be fair, you are going to make more money from the console market due to it being harder to pirate games (its not impossible, just more difficult) than on the pc.

I didn't know Guidos were making games nowadays. What a douche.

To be fair, you are going to make more money from the console market due to it being harder to pirate games (its not impossible, just more difficult) than on the pc.

Untrue. Both, the Wii and the 360, are very easy to mod. It's not difficult at all. PS3 is about to join that club too. Games like Halo: Reach and Dead Rising 2 get constantly leaked weeks before it goes retail and long before the PC version comes out. The reasons the consoles have better sales is because they are better marketable, simpler to use and cheaper to the consumer. It has barely anything to do with piracy.

In other news, this is what Mafia II dev Denby Grace answered when asked what the biggest problem with modern games is:

An obsession with gay space marines.

[Source]

EDIT Image by Kotaku:

340x_gaymarine.jpg

Untrue. Both, the Wii and the 360, are very easy to mod. It's not difficult at all. PS3 is about to join that club too. Games like Halo: Reach and Dead Rising 2 get constantly leaked weeks before it goes retail and long before the PC version comes out. The reasons the consoles have better sales is because they are better marketable, simpler to use and cheaper to the consumer. It has barely anything to do with piracy.

I mean't the difference of pc games compared to 360 games pirating

PC games:
torrent>unpack/install>crack>done

Xbox games:

flash 360>check firm ware version>torrent game>burn game on correct speed with custom burning software for 360 games>check for burning errors>pop disc into console>done

As i said, more difficult.

lol what a douche
just look at those sunglasses

after a hard day of work, I love coming home and wailing in front of my tv like a monkey. kinect, just like the xbox camera was a weak launch....it wasn't supported and only Uno players used it.

Words can't describe what a massive tool this guy is.

And THIS is the only guy who is legally allowed to wear that kind of hair and shades all the time:

Itagaki.jpg

Xbox games:

flash 360>check firm ware version>torrent game>burn game on correct speed with custom burning software for 360 games>check for burning errors>pop disc into console>done

Since when is ImgBurn custom software? Checking for errors is always a must when you burn a data disc. I also love how you added those extra, nonsensical steps just to show us how difficult it is. You forgot to add "Buy DVD-R DL, Unpack said media, press eject button, insert media..." and so on and so forth.

Seriously, though. Do not attempt this without an associates degree in computer engineering.

I mean't the difference of pc games compared to 360 games pirating

PC games:
torrent>unpack/install>crack>done

Xbox games:

the only thing hard about it is deciding whether or not you wanna put your xbox at risk.

What a tool.

Is Kudo Tsunoda asian? he looks pretty white to have a name like that...

People hardly play shooters on the PC anymore?! And this comment is made in the heels of Microsoft wanting to re-commit themselves to the PC? So much for Microsoft’s re-commitment to PC Gaming! I really wish GFWL fanboys could see how little Microsoft cares for GFWL and it’s dedicated users. I have a feeling that GFWL will remain uninstalled from my hard drive for a loooooong time. And if Microsoft think I’ll turn away from 15 years of PC Gaming to buy one of their XBoxes, they’d better think again. At this point GFWL (or what I’d like to call, ‘Garbage for Windows (is) Lame’) is really just an afterthought effort to grab a few more bucks from PC Gamers rather than a real effort to support the PC and compete with Steam and other PC Digital Platforms.

This statement is stupid on the face, but you don't have to dig very deep to find the irony in it.

Halo did a good job of bringing first person shooters to consoles - true. However, it was also ported to PC, years later, and without the same amount of polish or dedication (outdated tech, console FOV, etc). Even so, you can still find people playing it online to this day - that's dedication. Where are the people playing it on console, Kudo? Oh right, they can't, because Microsoft ****ing shut down the original Xbox Live.

Dumbass.

This statement is stupid on the face, but you don't have to dig very deep to find the irony in it.

How does the unintended irony keep the statement from being stupid through and through?

Halo did a good job of bringing first person shooters to consoles - true. However, it was also ported to PC, years later, and without the same amount of polish or dedication (outdated tech, console FOV, etc). Even so, you can still find people playing it online to this day - that's dedication. Where are the people playing it on console, Kudo? Oh right, they can't, because Microsoft ****ing shut down the original Xbox Live.

Dumbass.

So true. One of my friends dads downloaded the Halo PC demo shortly after it was released, and still plays it to this day :p

How does the unintended irony keep the statement from being stupid through and through?
It doesn't, I was saying it was stupid and ironic.

Or something.

Yeah I could've worded it more betterer.

OK man, agreed. Now bring us role playing games, adventures, RTSes, survival horror and so on.
Oh, wait, we shouldn't play survival-horror games on our PC because they have to be enjoyed from the comfort of a couch.
Oh, wait, we cannot play Fable 2 because bla bla bla....

Oh, wait, we shouldn't play survival-horror games on our PC because they have to be enjoyed from the comfort of a couch.

The fact that Alan Wake is considered a survival horror game is pretty telling of the industry aswell :LOL:

Back