L4D Blog Thread

Sheepo

The Freeman
Reaction score
http://www.l4d.com/blog/

Seeing as there will probably be a lot of updates in the coming weeks, I think it would be nice to have a single thread and update it after every post.

Compared to the TF2 blog the L4D one has been a little disappointing IMO. Although I'm expecting that to change once L4D comes out and they can talk about the game in context.

Time-wise, the posts haven't been spaced so far apart though which is good.
I can't wait until it does become like the TF2 blog, with good info.

Compared to the TF2 blog the L4D one has been a little disappointing IMO. Although I'm expecting that to change once L4D comes out and they can talk about the game in context.

The LEft 4 dead blog is much newer thus has less articles. I actually am the opposite, the L4D blog is more frequent with news, theres usually a new articles every week, where in TF2 theres bigger gaps...

Well right now the news is primarily marketing and advertising based, but I imagine once the demo/game comes out they will have more to go into greater depth with, especially when they update the game.

Edit: Fiber, your posts are, mostly, incomprehensible or illogical. The above post is no exception.

Steam Update said:
Updates to Left 4 Dead have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Game and client changes

Introduced fatigue to the melee attack in versus mode. You will see a HUD display when your melee swing is cooling down

Boomer vomit will now pass through common infected

Addressed some surround sound detection issues

Fixed a rare crash when exiting Left4Dead on Windows Vista

Fixed a case where the complete all expert campaigns achievement was not being rewarded

Dedicated server changes

Corrected an issue where Windows based dedicated were sending spurious shutdown notifications to the master causing them to delist temporarily

Fixed dedicated servers not resetting the versus team swap correctly--you could join a dedicated server that had a previous game that was swapped and arrive on the other team than what was selected in the lobby

Renamed the tags for sv_search_key to use "key:" in the server tags instead of "sv_search_key." This should help with issues of the 63 character limit of server tags

Fixed an occasional server crash related to voting

That's the melee change.

That's an old update done already. The blog says they are releasing a new one.

No that is it. If you read the blog it said the release would be later that day. And later that day we got the update that i posted, so that is it.

In a recent update for L4D on the PC, we provided the option for players to choose between starting a game on an Official server or the Best Available. This is just the first step in giving players control over what servers they play on and the type of experience they have.

Hopefully the next step will involve them giving us a server browser and not forcing us to use this dumbed-down "matchmaking" crap.

The server browser is kinda buggy though.

You can change it if you don't like it.

After looking it up, turns out there is one...would've been nice if it wasn't a hidden console command though. Also, it obviously isn't "official" in that it lacks L4D-specific filters(Campaign or Versus, difficulty level, etc.) and you have to select the Custom game tab to even see any servers.

Back