L4D2 Axe trailer

Not so much a trailer as it's really just E3 footage. I'm sure why machinima are labelling all these clips as trailers. I logged into Youtube today and saw a whole bunch of new videos called trailers but in the end it was just old footage.

it was on the main page and i some other thread, cmon now we are valve lovers, we would have had to see the videos already

Anyone else dislike that CLANG noise when the axe hits? It sounds like someone flicking a ruler off the edge of a desk. Why isn't it a big juicy crack or slice? Are these zombies made from springs!?

I hope the SFX aren't completed yet, cause the melee weapons will suck with sounds like that. It doesn't sound like anything is getting chopped.

At 0:48 note that he hits someone with the axe and it counts as friendly fire, i guess that means it wont be like meleeing where you can just playfully push eachother around.

The sound reminds me of the crossbow bolt impact in HL2, it may just be a stock sound, while the sound guy is off finding a suitable set of splatting noises. :D

Ugh, the character models look ugly as sin.

Anyone else dislike that CLANG noise when the axe hits? It sounds like someone flicking a ruler off the edge of a desk. Why isn't it a big juicy crack or slice? Are these zombies made from springs!?

LOL. One of the best ways to piss a teacher off. Good times man, good times.

At 0:48 note that he hits someone with the axe and it counts as friendly fire, i guess that means it wont be like meleeing where you can just playfully push each other around.

Have you ever playfully been struck by the sharp end of an axe?

HEEHEHEH *gets hit in the arm by an axe*
YOU ****ER YOU CUT OFF MY ARM
that's basically how it would go out.

My first impressions where of the axe and the axe swinging animations from team fortress 2. Besides that, I am very glad to see that melee weapons are being added to l4d2. Maybe we will get a baseball bat, and besides the fireaxe, maybe a double headed wood axe?

My first impressions where of the axe and the axe swinging animations from team fortress 2. Besides that, I am very glad to see that melee weapons are being added to l4d2. Maybe we will get a baseball bat, and besides the fireaxe, maybe a double headed wood axe?

So far, baseball bat, frying pan, axe and chainsaw has been confirmed.

Back