L4D2 Interest?

Interest?

• At this time I am very interested in L4D2, and want to buy it.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Not interested in L4D2 at all right now, and have no intention to buy it.

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • I have a little bit of interest in L4D2/Unsure

Votes: 53 40.2%

• Total voters
Depends entirely on how much money my broke student ass has when it comes to ship time and how compelling a product it appears to be at the time nearing launch. As it stands, I can't afford to pay full price for a game that I don't get absolutely every dime's worth on. Maybe when I graduate and get a job that actually pays enough to have spending cash.

Meh I'm kinda over L4D now, probably wont be buying.

Not interested really. Probably the first game I've said this about that came from valve, but it just sounds like more of the same with relatively minor updates. It looks like a cash-in sequel any way you cut it, and i'm generally never interested in generic cash-in sequels. I think this one may actually be worse than the first one.

I'm on this side of the fence as well, though maybe "slightly interested." Unless the game play videos I watched change before the final release, than to me this is just cashing in.

There is nothing SO new and SO great that would warrant another $50 a year later for essentially a slightly more polished L4D1

It just has the feeling of: "THIS is what the first one was meant to be, oops, our mistake. Now pay full price again."

I probably will buy it, but not until it has a weekend on steam when it costs less than £10.

They're asking me to pay for a simple large update for a game I don't play but own... Pretty much.

I will still purchase it most probably. :(

To be honest, I'm not really interested in this. I'm a huge fan of Valve but I never liked the first Left4Dead and I have no interest in this sequel. Sure, it looks better but I'm still not interested in mindless super violent zombie shooter.
I still LOVE Valve.

I'm hopeful that it's the result of an evolution in game design, such as from Half-Life to Half-Life 2, but on a much smaller time frame. They got the first four-player zombie co-op game pretty much right, but as soon as they were done they could see where the series needed to go.

I'm not that excited. Seems mostly like a rehash of L4D1.

-Improved graphics don't mean much to me. I'll have to turn the graphics down anyway since I'm running on an older computer.

-Melee weapons. Seems gimmicky. I can already hit zombies with my gun, why have a separate weapon?

-New A.I. director. Could be interesting, but I have no idea how much different he could get from l4d1.

-I liked the old characters. These new ones just can't fill Francis' vest.

-I'm actually pretty excited about the new non-special infected. They seem very interesting.

-The charger and the spitter both seem lackluster. I can see why they were necessary to prevent shiva stacking, but the charger seems like a poor mans tank and the spitter just looks comical.

-I'm ambivalent about the new setting.

All in all, I'll get it when its about 20 dollars. Who knows, by then i might have a comp that can run it.

The thing is. I was extremely excited for the first game. I knew what boss infected there were going to be. I knew everything about this game.

They added melee to this game and changed the characters and added like 1 or 2 new infected. It's the same game. I still know everything about it. I'm still excited.

Back