L4D2 Interest?

Interest?

• At this time I am very interested in L4D2, and want to buy it.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • Not interested in L4D2 at all right now, and have no intention to buy it.

Votes: 38 28.8%
  • I have a little bit of interest in L4D2/Unsure

Votes: 53 40.2%

• Total voters

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Figure a poll should just be made on it, since the topic is so heated.

TBH: The character models are just plain weird, the game seems to be made in a rush and it doesn't look all that different from L4D1.
So why not just throw a few updates out for L4D1 instead of making a full game?
Something smells fishy...

I'm extremely hyped.

The more from Valve the merrier. We are going to get our Episode 3, Counter Strike 2, Portal 2...or whatever else you want to call. They will come with time, I'm in no rush. I'll play them when they are ready. If L4D2 is going to be released in November then I'll sure as hell be playing playing.

(in before colossal entitlement complex)

I'm in! It's not like they've ever released anything that hasn't been worth playing.

I think it is a little early to make a sequel, well it certainly does not look like valve to do a that kind of thing, but I'm sure the gameplay will be solid. Besides, they gotta make money you know.

Im still not understanding why they dont add all of this content to the original l4d. there is no reason to make a completely new game out of this. Heck team fortress 2 still gets a number of sales when they do the free weekends for the updates, why not do those for l4d?

I refuse to pay full price for what is essentially a minor upgrade. To be fair i'm not very impressed with what they have announced. The melee weapons, dynamic weather and the fact that the Ai director can rearrange tombstones doesn't impress me. I'll pick it up but not til the price is reduced significantly.

Not sure why they did not just release an expansion pack (that costs money), why they changed characters on us (I really like the ones we got), or even why the videos clips we have seen are in the daytime. I looks cool and will be a blast to play..... but is really not L4D if we don't have Louis, Zoey, Francis, and Bill.

What I find ridiculous is if L4D2 was taken up by another developer or something, with all the same content we see, Valve Fanboys would undoubtedly find the the presentations of L4D2 to be absolutely awful.

The new weapons, characters as well as the new AI Director 2.0 have me interested. I most likely will purchase it.

I'd personally rather see more DLC than a whole new ****ing game I have to buy, lol.

-Taken from another one of the "OMGWTF L4D2!!!!111" threads that I posted on.

We've just had a L4D game, I'm all L4D out, we need a break and something new.

Certainly I don't feel justified to spend another £25 on something that is essentially the same game as L4D with a few minor improvements. I won't be buying it.

What I find ridiculous is if L4D2 was taken up by another developer or something, with all the same content we see, Valve Fanboys would undoubtedly find the the presentations of L4D2 to be absolutely awful.

You know why this is? It's because Valve is one of the most respected devs in the industry, and they've never made anything less than great games.

More like Left 4 Dead 2 Soon! AMIRITE??

YYYEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHHHh

The more from Valve the merrier. We are going to get our Episode 3, Counter Strike 2, Portal 2...or whatever else you want to call. They will come with time, I'm in no rush. I'll play them when they are ready. If L4D2 is going to be released in November then I'll sure as hell be playing playing.

This. While I still haven't bought some of the older titles, such as DOD:S or CZ, what I have played I've mostly been impressed with (and even if I don't like CS, it more or less founded the modern day shooter genre, which it deserves credit for).

I'm extremely hyped. The game looks madly fun. The people freaking out need to just not buy the game and call it a day. Instead, they feel the need to decide how they know how a multi-million dollar business needs to run.

You know why this is? It's because Valve is one of the most respected devs in the industry, and they've never made anything less than great games.

You are pissing on your own leg right now.

You aren't arguing in context of the game, you're arguing in context of the company.
Which was my exact point.

L4D2 looks too much like an expansion pack for me to consider buying it at a full game price point.

Don't get me wrong, I love L4D but I was let down by the amount of content on the box. I also love Valve and consider them one of those rare companies that consistently releases good games, and their games, aside from Blizzards, are the ONLY games I preorder/buy at release.

I'm afraid that custom will have to be broken with L4D2, unless they show us something more impressive than they already have.

Not interested really. Probably the first game I've said this about that came from valve, but it just sounds like more of the same with relatively minor updates. It looks like a cash-in sequel any way you cut it, and i'm generally never interested in generic cash-in sequels. I think this one may actually be worse than the first one.

Not interested really. Probably the first game I've said this about that came from valve, but it just sounds like more of the same with relatively minor updates. It looks like a cash-in sequel any way you cut it, and i'm generally never interested in generic cash-in sequels. I think this one may actually be worse than the first one.

Exactly. I really don't feel like shelling out another $50 for something that as of now, looks only worth about half that.

What would get me interested:

1) Discount for people who already have Left 4 Dead

2) The ability to choose your character, primarily the 4 original.

3) At least twice as much content

4) Better matchmaking system

5) A more sandbox approach instead of the same routes every single time. I know this is sorta what the AI Director II is supposed to do, but this system seems more of a way to generate different routes. The routes in No Mercy & Dead Air seemed like a real immersion killer due to the fact that you are in what seems like a fairly large city, but you are confined to a narrow path. I would like the ability to choose more alleys, different buildings, or other pathways to go around a massive infected horde.

6) Destructible environments would be cool but I don't know if this is pushing the limits of the Source engine. I think it would be epic to be able to blow a hole in a wall to shorten a path, or the ability for a tank to bust through buildings. But this I think is highly unlikely.

It sounds like a lot to ask for, but $50 ain't exactly pocket change for a lot of people nowadays, and as a consumer, I want my money's worth for products now.

I hate it, and have no idea why they made such a stupid move.

But I will still buy it, because it's Valve.

L4D2 looks too much like an expansion pack for me to consider buying it at a full game price point.

Don't get me wrong, I love L4D but I was let down by the amount of content on the box. I also love Valve and consider them one of those rare companies that consistently releases good games, and their games, aside from Blizzards, are the ONLY games I preorder/buy at release.

I'm afraid that custom will have to be broken with L4D2, unless they show us something more impressive than they already have.

+1 this

I hate it, and have no idea why they made such a stupid move.

But I will still buy it, because it's Valve.

+1 this,

voted for not sure. I wana see whats the final version of the game will be before I give them £35.

Not interested, but not in a piss-whine way. Zombie Horror games just aren't my thing (see: signature, avatar, profile. Where are the Pastels?), and I'm generally not taken in by Multiplayer games. Still haven't got the first one.

5) A more sandbox approach instead of the same routes every single time. I know this is sorta what the AI Director II is supposed to do, but this system seems more of a way to generate different routes. The routes in No Mercy & Dead Air seemed like a real immersion killer due to the fact that you are in what seems like a fairly large city, but you are confined to a narrow path. I would like the ability to choose more alleys, different buildings, or other pathways to go around a massive infected horde.

That's exactly what the first map of No Mercy is. It has 3, notably different, routes. Sadly, it turns out that everyone just goes the same path. Which is why it's also a good thing that they're linear, because if they're more freeroam, people just end up going by the same path at all times. Making them somewhat linear encourages people more to go by different paths than by walking around in a huge maze.

After seeing the zombie get smacked with a frying pan, I can say I look forward to it. Though I never did play the original.:O

No interest at all.
First game didn't do much for me.

I AM interested, and WANT to buy it, but my parents are the money-holders, and will be difficult to get past (Getting a job right now SUCKS).

My views have changed since my last post.
I am now excited for it. I can only imagine what lines the burly black guy will say.

I'm curious as to which direction Valve will eventually take L4D2 to. Eventually I'm going to end up buying it anyways out of sheer curiosity.

My views have changed since my last post.
I am now excited for it. I can only imagine what lines the burly black guy will say.

This. I realize that my fundamental problem with the game is that I will inevitably be paying for it. It's unfortunate but necessary.

Im still not done with the original L4D, so my interest is not through the roof.

However, some of the features they claim to have may just be enough to warrant the purchase. Not a pre-order, but maybe after seeing some impressions...

Back