L4D411 member hints at "stuff".

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
Kamikaze went to Valve South and said this:
First off, I'd like to point out that the guys there at turtlerock/ valve... are probably the coolest guys out there. Really.

I went in there, not knowing what to expect, and they sat my and my "squad" (haha) in a, more or less, board meeting type room. Immediately one of the guys came in and asked "So... who's Kamikaze?". So that right there answers your question of "do the watch over forums?", yes. Do they watch over our forums? yes.. yes they do... haha

Needless to say, I feel I kinda started things out on the wrong foot, because I came off as one of those guys that would sell out the game that they are most excited for... for a mere 2 days of fame. No thanks.

They let us tinker around with stuff that hasn't been shown yet. Stuff that I won't talk about, but I will say... well... This game is by far the most intense game I have ever seen and played... EVER.

The reasoning behind this is because they want to have SOME secrecy, and somethings not said so that you don't come in with visions of one thing but get another. I again, totally understand.

Please forgive me though guys. I went in thinking that I would be able to find out all of this stuff and be able to come back and tell you guys. But in reality, I found that the game is spectacular... The graphics are amazing... The ambiance is by far the scariest I've ever played (and I've played DOOM!)... I can't say enough about the game.

Those guys have busted their asses for 4 years on this game, and I can only imagine the road that they have had to traverse... It really made me realize that we as the consumers complain about the dates and delays, but they are the ones who have to work through it. We're just waiting.

I really wish I could say more, but I won't because I don't want to step on any toes, or ruin any of the lime-light that these guys deserve for themselves.

If you are looking for the best game to come out this year and next.... you've found it...

~Nigel
x000316200687474703a2f2sc8.jpg

x000316200687474703a2f2oe5.jpg

x000316200687474703a2f2cb3.jpg

x000316200687474703a2f2sj0.jpg

JohnnyFlash (a L4D website admin) also said:
Hey Guys... I wanted to say thanks to Kamikaze for keeping our secrets.

We've worked hard on the game and we want all of you to have some surprises when it comes out.

I'm sure he will attest to that playing the game is a great experience and that the wait will be worth it.
It looks like Valve is at that playtesting stage and finding any remaining bugs to squash. I think the majority of coding right now is making new movies, weapons and boss Infected post launch. Glad they are keeping the Infected and last 2 movies a surprise though. Obvious reason why the guy didn't take many pictures but even then, take something better than your cell phone camera and take more pics. :hmph: I gotta go there next Summer. Play me some Episode 3 or something. :smoking:

STUFF! .. dun dun dun, I bet the 4v4 Versus mode is gonna turn out to be really good, and a whole other side to the game.

Also the 5 map "movie" format means they can have alot of fun with the content updates, I see horror movie trailers with every one, like the "Meet the.." videos.

Back