Lamest Enemy in Doom 3 (spoilers)

Mirror mirror on the wall, whose the lamest of them all?

• Total voters

Lanthanide

Reaction score
So, what do you reckon was the lamest enemy in Doom 3? Things to consider:
- How hard they were to kill (too easy, too hard?)
- Sound effects (annoying? plain?)
- Stupid looking/bad graphics?
- Stupid idea all together?
- Too similar to another monster? (eg, maggot = wraith/imp)
- Damn annoying to kill? Always getting in the way?

IMO the Cherub's were the worst. Such a stupid idea (oh, lets have a demonic baby!!), with lame/annoying sounds and very irritating walking animations that made them really hard to hit and let them sneak up on you during the middle of a firefight, in particular during the visit to Hell.

What are other people's most loathed enemy, not including bosses?

Had to combine some options in the poll as there are 13 monsters but only 10 poll options. So if you pick a double group, just specify which one if you like. Also left Mancubus off as they barely appeared (about 10 total in normal diff).

what a filp this is a half life forum !!! go to a doom III forum (foeroom) if you want to make fun of it ... if you do you will make us (hl fan) all very proud.

by the way i voted the flying heads !!! because of their incredable low poly forehead. it looks like a box to me... with a ugly texture on it!

Moron_Mouth said:
what a filp this is a half life forum !!! go to a doom III forum (foeroom) if you want to make fun of it ... if you do you will make us (hl fan) all very proud.

by the way i voted the flying heads !!! because of their incredable low poly forehead. it looks like a box to me... with a ugly texture on it!

Sod off!

If you don't like it here, stay in the HL forum - if you haven't noticed it says General Gaming/doom3 here mate. :rolleyes:

Definitly the Cacodemon, talk about the most useless non-scary monster in the whole game....such waste.

I can't vote in this poll. I thought they were all badass.

The Caco is great! And so is the Imp, but the maggot sucks.

I think the imp is great but the maggot is terrible. I don't think a maggot has ever even touched me so far.

I've always hated the Revanent, a Skeleton with rocket launchers on its shoulders, i mean....come on its something out of a cartoon

I HATE the mutated Commandos with the miniguns... they take like 3 shotgun hits.

Cocodeamon nuff said.

Remake of doom 1? Why didn't it look like a giant strawbery.

Yeh but wtf is up with the cocodeamon in doom 3.

Most of the other monsters are the same.

were there zombies in doom 1 and 2?

lamest. probably the imp, mostly cause after the 2000th time i killed it it just got boring.

but i like the Cacodemon remake. At least it isn't all red and blue.

The cacodemon in Doom 3 is -very- lame. First, it looks stupid. Second, it can't even fly properly - it's like a giant blimp or something. A couple of shots of any weapon and it goes spinning out of control and can't aim at you. This can also result in some very humerous deaths (goes spinning out of the air rapidly and then smacks into the ground). Thirdly, they're weak, only taking 2 full shotgun blasts to kill. Fourth, the way they shoot their bullets at you is directly out of their mouth, which is where you are aiming your weapons, so 70% of their attacks get blown up before they even reach you (unless you're distracted by something else).

Their only positive is that their fireballs look pretty impressive (although not really -that- great, either).

There weren't any melee zombies in D1 or D2, only former marines, former sargents and former commandos. Not very many melee enemies in the original Doom games really, just the imp and pinky demons (others, like Revenants, can go melee, but it's not very likely at all).

The maggot. It hasn't killed me once, it's so easy to kill, I once was in a room filled with those, I just jumped on them and took them down one at a time, hehe. They aren't that scary either, they just rush after you and the glowing eyes give them away.

Wraiths; you can tell they're coming because they just teleport around, plus you can take them down with one shotgun blast while they're teleporting in. Too easy.

Back