LAnding Pods in Ravenholm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rossell said:
I always thought "Headcrabs can't build a spacecraft"

So - pure speculation. Combine want to infect areas with headcrabs so the survivors can escape to City 17 therefore being placed into a paranoid 1984 society, purpose unknown.
that was what i was thinking, they release those things so people stay in the various cities. dono why they want people existing in the first place but im sure valve knows :thumbs:

I'm just wondering if a headcrab would fit inside the helmet of a combine soldier. Whoever controlled the headcrabs, would control the army then.
Considering dear Dr. Breen is a scientist, perhaps combine are either humans fused with headcrabs, combining controllability and obedience with a bit less horrifying and more agile bodies. Or perhaps not by genetics, but by only using the "right parts" of the headcrabs...

Maybe there is a sercret allience formed between former UN and Combine? Perhapes World agreed to live under Breen and Combine If they protected agenst the head crabs and zombies. And from what ive seen, all the zombies are defently human rebels. I dont know how to explain, I just thing that. Maybe The Xen are involved, somehow, in an allience with the headcras to try to destroy rebels so that they can then strike at combine and destroy world without the rebels being alive?

Re: Headcrabs

Confirmed: these sleek black shells are in fact a type of mortar round dropped loaded with Headcrabs. Dropped on the enemy, they function as a terrifyingly effective bioweapon. Interesting to see the Combine use aliens as a weapon, epecially since they claim to protect citizens from them. We can assume from Alex's brief speech Mission 5 ("We don't go to Ravenholm anymore...) that Ravenholm functioned as a part of the underground railroad till it was shelled by the combine.

why the hell did you just drag this thread kicking and screaming frm it's death?! The last post was in August!

Rygir said:
I'm just wondering if a headcrab would fit inside the helmet of a combine soldier. Whoever controlled the headcrabs, would control the army then.
Considering dear Dr. Breen is a scientist, perhaps combine are either humans fused with headcrabs, combining controllability and obedience with a bit less horrifying and more agile bodies. Or perhaps not by genetics, but by only using the "right parts" of the headcrabs...

Doesn't really explain why combines are so keen to kill those headcrabs...

Lambada said:
Confirmed: these sleek black shells are in fact a type of mortar round dropped loaded with Headcrabs. Dropped on the enemy, they function as a terrifyingly effective bioweapon. Interesting to see the Combine use aliens as a weapon, epecially since they claim to protect citizens from them. We can assume from Alex's brief speech Mission 5 ("We don't go to Ravenholm anymore...) that Ravenholm functioned as a part of the underground railroad till it was shelled by the combine.
Hmmm yeah I thought that was pretty obvious though, seeing as how you actually see these things hitting the ground and headcrabs popping out in Route Kanal.

WTF is this doing up here? Can we PLEASE lock the thread?

GonzoBabbleshit said:
why the hell did you just drag this thread kicking and screaming frm it's death?! The last post was in August!
lol i didnt notice that when i read page 1 and obviously found it odd that people didnt know what these pods are,this should be locked

Lambada said:

well, this thread was posted BEFORE the game was out, so people didnt know, now that the game is out, just about everyone here has the game, and it is very noticable in the game. and its easy to figure out

I also thought it was obvious, since you can truly see everything.
Ravenholm however is no railroad town, it is a mining town since there is a large MINE next to the city. ;)
The railroad is used to send supplies to City 17, or it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back