Least favirote chapter?

.... You can. (sorry for posting 3 posts in a row if thats against any ... posters code or anything aaahaha....)

firemachine69 said:
On a side note, I think you should be able to grab the man hacks with the grav gun... :D

Sandtraps was a bit tedious.
Also the last part of the game, where you get the blue gravity gun, the citadel was beautiful, but the action mostly was just advancing taking out the soldiers quite easily, which is somehow repetitive.

The part when you were driving around the water was REALLY long, that was the only part of the game I really had issues with.

By Sand Traps we are talking about Highway 17 ? Because it was my least favorite. I seem to be a minority by saying I liked Ravenholm and Brother Gregory I love the zombie kill-zone. I also liked Water Hazard. Well that just me.

Well you're definately not alone, Combine Elite, Ravenholm is my favourite chapter... and Water Hazard is great too. :)

I liked the vehicle bits a lot, and Water Hazard was a huge amaount of fun.

i sand traps i just ran trugh backwards and owned antlions with my shotgun and bunce them off with GG

Everything was great, but Ravenholme.

Ravenholme, the Xen of Halflife2 :).

Sand Traps level... I managed to finish the whole level without encountering a single antlion... pretty boring.

Sid Burn said:
Sand Traps level... I managed to finish the whole level without encountering a single antlion... pretty boring.
You're forgetting that sand traps includes the beach scene outside of nova prospekt.

What is it you dislike about Route Canal? I'm having problems figuring out where to go...

Is This Tea said:
You're forgetting that sand traps includes the beach scene outside of nova prospekt.

Yeah, that beach scene and the storming of the outside of Nova Prospekt made the whole level for me. It was acually one of my favorite parts of the game, especially when those two dropships come in.

Ravenholm did get a little repetitive at parts, but I don't think any of the game's levels were even half bad, they were all a blast to play through. I think Ravenholm would've been the perfect place for a miniboss like enemy like the Antlion Guard. It would've broken up the monotony of killing zombie after zombie, maybe even a new gonarch. And I know its cliche'd, but everyone loves a "haunted mansion."

I would've added this scenario right before you team up with father Gregory:

You come to a mansion in the middle of Ravenholm. If you try to continue down the road to the right of it, a powerline is knocked down by the force of 3 fast zombies jumping on it in rapid succession. The electricity from the powerline ignites a leaking gas tank, making it explode just as one of the fast zombies jumps for you. The jumping fast zombie catches on fire in mid-air from the explosion, flinging its burning body to the street. One of the fast zombies stumbles slowly out of the flames along with waves of flaming headcrabs that stream past you, making no attempt to attack you. The flames now block any progress into the street, forcing you to turn back towards the mansion.

You progress through the mansion until the lowest basement level where you have a huge respawning horde of zombies following you. The only way out of the room is through a sewer grate that you have to lift with your gravity gun as the room filled with zombies that surround you. You work your way through a short sewer level where there are lots of zombies springing out of dirty water, climbing out from pipeworks above, etc. Eventually you come to a place with lots of zombie corpses, human corpes, and skeletons where there are no zombies except for a zombie torso dragging itself out of the darkness for you to dispatch. The tunnel opens up to a wide chamber with piles of bodies and skeletal remains all around. At the far end of the chamber is a big hole with a sloped rubble pile that leads up the the street. A huge Xen creature bursts out of one of piles. If you try to skip out on fighting it and make your way up to the street through the rubble pile you find that there are large pieces of rubble that block your way. If you try to move the pieces with your grav gun, the giant xen monster kills you first.

I should be a level designer :E

Phat-t said:
Ravenholm did get a little repetitive at parts, but I don't think any of the game's levels were even half bad, they were all a blast to play through.
Yeah no level called Residue Processing 2, thank god.

Is This Tea said:
Ah yes... I forgot those... but on the way to the Vortigaunt Camp... it was boring. :borg:

Razor said:
Ravenholme, the Xen of Halflife2 :).
I'm no fan of Ravenholm, but to compare it with Xen is really unfair. I'd say Sandtraps is a better comparison, simply because of the jumping puzzles involved. But I liked both of those chapters far more than Xen :)

The jumping puzzles on Xen sucked big time, but I still loved Xen becuz of all the atmosphere and the crazy origonal environment. If Xen didn't have jumping puzzles, it would've been my favorite level. I really hope they redo it in HL3. They could intergrate it into the story by something like: you have to cross Xen (the border world) to get to the combine homeworld to mess up their plans.

the last couple levels... don't get me wrong the atmosphere and all were awesome, but they were unbelievably easy! i beat it the first try without ever dying! on hard! they should have made it challenging... it kinda ruined the last chapter for me.

I thought Raveholm could have been better although I did think it was good for the most part.

Dark Energy could have been a bit longer. The ending was good though. Abrubt but good because the whole story hangs on HL3 now.

I hate Canals. Its so boring. Manhacks are SO crap! There's an unlimited amount of them!

Ravenholm... i kept thinking they could have done more... mind you that graveyard bit made me feel so AWESOME, but then they dropped me in a mine full of respawning fast bastards.

It's really amusing to see what Grigory does in the graveyard, i turned notarget on and all the zombies where pouncing on Grigory only to get shotgunned outta the air.

But Ravenholm, as a whole, sucked from about half-way through to the Bit with the cable car. It was getting so chiched...

The Coast... all of it. So boring... Especially the scenario with the crane.

Whenever I arive at that part, I just say, "Oh, no. Not this part."

I also got really tired of fighting man-hacks. The combine are an absolute pleasure to kill, but not manhacks.
-

I really liked Ravenholm (minus the running zombies, curse them, so annoying), and any parts of the game that involve fighting the combine.
-
The mines after Ravenholm were extremely under-done.

"I fear I deliver thee to a darker place"... yeah right. Thanks for over-hyping the sissy mines. :LOL:

---

Once you get over the initial shock of the awesomeness of HL2, you really begin to hate some levels as you get more acquainted with their true nature; fighting annoying enemies, or solving dumb puzzles.

To me, the areas I hate don't include any encounters with Combine. Gimme a gun and a Combine and you'll have a happy camper.

Gimme one of those fast zombies, 20 manhacks, or a dumb puzzle, and you'll have someone popping in another game.

Some people say the game is really different then HL1 because its more of fighting the Combine then aliens like HL1 was mostly. I agree that they did have a different fighting style in most parts, but they're both good (I actually enjoy fighting Combine more then those military guys from HL1 because I know the Combine soldiers are cyborg bastards!)

My least favorite chapter was Route Kanal (Water Hazard was good), but the only thing I didn't like in Route Kanal were the manhacks and lack of alien creatures (they could of put a lot more barnacles, headcrabs, and zombies in that chapter).

My favorite chapters were the last four, Anticitizen One to Dark Energy. Those were packed full with Combine soldiers, and it was fun to hear what Barney said.

Barney: Watch out for the head humpers, Gordon!

Barney: Did you just hear that cat? Man, that thing gives me nightmares.

i didn't really like the citadel maps, the blue grav gun was't much fun for me either.
it was way too easy and the textures looked dull compared to the great, detailed stuff on the other maps :(

The End. Alyx NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Messermeier said:
i didn't really like the citadel maps, the blue grav gun was't much fun for me either.
it was way too easy and the textures looked dull compared to the great, detailed stuff on the other maps :(

I thought the same, exactly. Boring and easy blue gravity gun + bland Citadel.

I thought the ride through the Citadel was pretty cool though. I wish the the citadel were more of a big combine hotel (as opposed to a big empty blue structure that appeared almost vacant) with combine quarters and such stuff to raid with the shotgun and magnum, blowing ridiculous amounts of combine to smitherines (as your last-mission mass-annihilation so that you FEEL like you're killing off the combine), then when you're done take a ride in a pod up to the top where you can pwn Dr. Breen and destroy the Citadel.

The whole game really felt like just "getting through" the enemies, and never really "killing them off".

After Nova Prospekt, Kleiner says something about, "dealing a great blow to the Combine" and how Barney was using the blow you dealt to start the uprising. Great blow? Well if there were only 200 Combines in the whole world, then that's a great blow to them, yeah. I killed maybe, what... 60 Combines throughout the entire Coast missions? Freed Eli when I got there... Like I said, that's only a big blow if they're about to go extinct already.

I wish your objective in the Citadel was to kill at least 200 Combine in order to get them to open the emergency gates to let the heavy armor in to kill you, at which time you sneak through and progress. THAT would be a nice blow, and ensuring that there's a severe shortage of Combines to hold off the attack outside.

(dang... only 15 minutes to edit a post. Well here's the edit)

That would've been really cool if Kleiner was secretly building a huge underground weapon to knock down the Citadel. So that while you're saving Alyx and Eli and killing Dr. Breen, his weapon would be breaking in the Citadel's side to knock it over.

---

I hope in Half-Life 3 they mass-produce "Dog" into a military model and "unleash" them in the last mission as the last and final blow to the Combine, ending their occupation of Earth for good.

Just as a bonus, in the finale they should teleport 1,000 brand-new Dogs to each of the Combine worlds. That would be the end. :sniper: :LOL:

the first part of water canal. Sooooooooooooo long.

ravenholm because zombies dont give any ammo (my precciousss shotgun). I hate everything related to poison headcrabs/fast headcrabs.

twad said:
the first part of water canal. Sooooooooooooo long.

ravenholm because zombies dont give any ammo (my precciousss shotgun). I hate everything related to poison headcrabs/fast headcrabs.
I know why you dont like them... they're a pain in the ARSE!!! Anyway, I hate em too... lol. :LOL:

Entanglement.

Pretty much the only part of the game I didn't like (except for the infinite man hack bit in Anti-Citizen One), Entanglement was too difficult, too repetitive and surpisingly bland by HL2 standards.

richardhamer_00 said:
Entanglement.

Pretty much the only part of the game I didn't like (except for the infinite man hack bit in Anti-Citizen One), Entanglement was too difficult, too repetitive and surpisingly bland by HL2 standards.
Hmm... I never knew that there was infinite manhacks in that chapter... :cool:

Ravenholm cuz of the damn fast zombies, then Sandtraps.

vsaravia said:
I also chose Sandtraps, because it was very tedious trying not to step on the sand.

I hated sandtraps. Well, most of it. Definately my least favorite, though.

Dario D. said:
After Nova Prospekt, Kleiner says something about, "dealing a great blow to the Combine" and how Barney was using the blow you dealt to start the uprising. Great blow? Well if there were only 200 Combines in the whole world, then that's a great blow to them, yeah. I killed maybe, what... 60 Combines throughout the entire Coast missions? Freed Eli when I got there... Like I said, that's only a big blow if they're about to go extinct already.

you frogot about the prototype (and posibly only) teleporter that got blown up.

But i agree, citadel was the most boring part of the game, i liked the pod rides and putting enemies in the big beamy things but the rest was junk.

Anticitizen One

Anticitizen One- Linear as hell, you meet Zombies again, cramped locations with resistance members following you *AAAGGH*, poor scripted sequences, no interesting fights, follow freeman is infinitely better, the only highlight of Anticitizen One was DOG's little sequence.

FireCrack said:
you frogot about the prototype (and posibly only) teleporter that got blown up.

But i agree, citadel was the most boring part of the game, i liked the pod rides and putting enemies in the big beamy things but the rest was junk.

Well I liked the atmosphere of the citadel. Valve did a good job of giving you the illusion you were in some HUGE building that was the source of the combine on earth.

Originally posted by Wilsonator
poor scripted sequences

I don't like Anti Citizen 1 any more than you do, but how can you say the downing of Breens monitor in the plaza was poor, it was singlehandily the Best sequence in the game.

i just HATED the parts with the vehicles..they were nice at first..but were too long..i LOVED father gregory :) but hated ravenholm!!im such a wuss :(

Back