Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on Mac, Hipsters Rejoice

Dekstar

Companion Cube
Reaction score
1286152568_macL4D.jpg
[br]For too long have Mac gamers been protected from zombies by their turtle-necks and operating systems. On October 5th, Valve are releasing Left 4 Dead 2 for the Mac. Left 4 Dead 1 would have been a simultaneous release, but oddly enough, it was postponed for some reason, though Valve are hoping for a Halloween release at the latest.[br]Good news for anyone picking the game up on its Mac release, as all DLC is also free, and includes The Passing, No Mercy, and Sacrifice (the latter also getting 5 new achievements). Of course for those who already own the game, the DLC is already free, but it's still nice of Valve.[br]For the full update, click here and scroll down to see all the yummy information.[br]As a final note, once the Mac version of Left for Dead 2 is released, Valve will be playing on servers all day, probably to pick your brains. Head over to their blog to get the player accounts they'll be using.

Finally! Another way to waste time and endanger my grades... but its sooooo much fun.

There's nothing wrong with the capitalisation.

Great news. Shame about l4d1 delay though as I've been playing l4d1 more lately. Oh well, more brains for me to eat :]

hipster will care more about the tshirt the zombies and characters are wearing than the actual game

and will stop playing after 2 minutes due to lack of video editing software

good news, will acquire this tomorrow or later this week

Hordes of zombies all wearing black sweaters and Ipods to shoot at. :)
Instead of grunting and moaning, zombies babble about how cool their Apple products are.
Every incoming zombie horde sounds like the release of a new Apple product.

Who wouldn't want to shoot at that?

Fun fact: Apple's logo is no longer on the L4D blog. Looks like Jobs doesn't like free advertising.

don't hate me for this but why even release L4D1 on Mac? Aside from getting the full L4D experience, L4D1 is kinda pale in comparison to its successor... Especially when its taking them even longer to port it over to the Mac it just doesn't make much sense to me now that we have DLC for L4D2 that even brings over Camps from the first game.
I don't mean to start a flame war here but I just don't get it.. once I got L4D2 I deleted L4D1 off my hard drive and haven't looked back once, the only thing I like from L4D1 over L4D2 is the survivors themselves and now that problems about to be fixed.

don't hate me for this but why even release L4D1 on Mac? Aside from getting the full L4D experience, L4D1 is kinda pale in comparison to its successor... Especially when its taking them even longer to port it over to the Mac it just doesn't make much sense to me now that we have DLC for L4D2 that even brings over Camps from the first game.
I don't mean to start a flame war here but I just don't get it.. once I got L4D2 I deleted L4D1 off my hard drive and haven't looked back once, the only thing I like from L4D1 over L4D2 is the survivors themselves and now that problems about to be fixed.

People who boot Windows on their Macs just so that they can play games now don't have to (at least for L4D).

i dunno, i kind of enjoy playing L4D more than i do 2, if just for the lack of emphasis on so many weapons, the just-right amount of special infected and the characters. the only thing i tire of are the campaigns because i've played them to death, whereas i've not sunk nearly as much time into 2 because it came out when i was at uni. i still like the second game, but i'm really excited to play L4D at the end of the month

Back