Left 4 Dead 2 DLC - The Passing

Reginald

Reaction score
Valve has revealed the first downloadable addition to Left 4 Dead 2, a new episode named "The Passing." The campaign, set after the events of "Dead Center," features a meet up between Ellis, Coach, Rochelle, and Nick and Bill, Francis, Zoey and Louis.

"The Passing" offers more than just a friendly Survivor get-together, adding one new "uncommon common" infected type, new weapons—one melee, one firearm—and "a new co-operative challenge mode of play." The new campaign will naturally be playable in Survival, Versus and Scavenge modes in addition to that still unannounced newer mode.

The new episode is "set in a small town in rural Georgia," according to Valve's release, keeping players in the role of Left 4 Dead 2's cast "as they meet with the L4D1 characters." Could "The Passing" offer 4-plus-4 cooperative multiplayer action, or are we just aiming too high?

Left 4 Dead 2's "The Passing" is scheduled for release in "early spring" for the PC and Xbox 360. Pricing has not yet been announced.

http://kotaku.com/5426167/first-left-4-dead-2-add+on-brings-back-bill-francis-zoey--louis

Awesome Valve is awesome.

Valve has revealed the first downloadable addition to Left 4 Dead 2, a new episode named "The Passing." The campaign, set after the events of "Dead Center," features a meet up between Ellis, Coach, Rochelle, and Nick and Bill, Francis, Zoey and Louis.

maybe the point is to look for fuel to the car?

Well if the other 4 cast are involved I think it might be a bit different since they can't all fit. Hell if I know though.

I am guessing they are gonna make new maps so then it can accommodate with 8 vs 8. Or most likely just choose out of 8 survivors. I would like to see the conflict between them. :)

4 survivors versus 4 survivors for a gas tank.
L4D1 characters looking for a gastank for their badass van while the L4D2 Characters look for gastanks for their Jimmy Gibbs Jr Race Car.

Oh and btw, its not going to be free.

For the 360 maybe.

I believe the DLC will be free for the PC seeing as valve have never released any paid for DLC for the PC to my knowledge.

They probably didnt mention a price because they haven't finalised the price for the 360 version.

Would be interesting if it was released as a joint L4D-L4D2 thing. ie, you can play the original survivors' part in L4D and the new survivor's part in L4D2, which intersect at certain points and then meet up for the finale. Maybe even cross-game multiplayer with eight people playing the two games together.

Now I know that's not going to happen, but it would be cool.

What I would really like is if the original 4 could go through the sequel maps. Or maybe even mix and match the characters.

For the 360 maybe.

I believe the DLC will be free for the PC seeing as valve have never released any paid for DLC for the PC to my knowledge.

They probably didnt mention a price because they haven't finalised the price for the 360 version.

Some might disagree. Jokingly, I have to say they might call L4D2 'payable DLC'. :cheese:

But seriously. 8 survivors would make for a hell of a campaign. All for it! :cheers:

Would be interesting if it was released as a joint L4D-L4D2 thing. ie, you can play the original survivors' part in L4D and the new survivor's part in L4D2, which intersect at certain points and then meet up for the finale. Maybe even cross-game multiplayer with eight people playing the two games together.

Now I know that's not going to happen, but it would be cool.

That would be cool! :)

Honestly, I'd be ok with the original cast just speaking to you from behind a door during a gauntlet or crescendo event.

Honestly, I'd be ok with the original cast just speaking to you from behind a door during a gauntlet or crescendo event.
Oh, I can SO imagine that - when, for example, a survivor goes down, you hear a certain voice commenting: "I hate n00bs!"

The L4D1 Survivors hold a door open until you can get there, and as they try and hold off the infected you can just hear their screams echo down the coridoor towards you.

I hope the L4D1 survivors die, it'd make everything more final, which is what L4D is about.

If the originals cast were played by bots it could work. That is, if they don't have to follow you or be relied on. If they were holding a fixed point from hordes it could work.

Back