Left 4 Dead 2 Update Released

-smash-

Content Director
Reaction score
A small-ish 14 MB update has been released today for Left 4 Dead 2. Most of today's fixes focus on our SurvivorBot friends.[br]
  • Changed Survivorbot item hunting behavior
  • SurvivorBots now stay closer to human players in all game modes
  • Fixed Survivorbot navigation issue in The Passing: Riverbank
  • Fixed bug where a SurvivorBot could become catatonic when attempting to save another Survivor from a Smoker
  • Fixed condition where SurvivorBots would not enter the saferoom
  • Increased self-inflicted friendly fire damage from the Grenade Launcher
  • Fixed bug where the M60 would reset its ammo if dropped in certain situations
  • Car Alarms will now trigger anytime a Special Infected pushes/pulls/rams a Survivor into an alarm car. This change only affects game modes with human-controlled Zombies
[br]Official changelog here.

So they're not dumb now?

2zejdix.jpg

So they're not dumb now?
I might have missed these, a.o.:

- Fixed bug where a SurvivorBot would leave human players to die when being strangled by a smoker/pounced by a hunter/rode by a jockey/pummeled by a charger
- Fixed bug where a SurvivorBot would leave cover/walk in human player's line of fire/stupidly trigger some event/harass a witch/ponder the universe instead of behaving intelligently

Bots should pick up grenades and hand them to you when you have none.

Yeah, I've always found it pretty ridiculous that they wouldn't do anything with 3rd slot weapons. "I ALREADY HAVE ONE, PICK IT UP SO IT DOESN'T GO TO WASTE YOU STUPID BOOOOOOT"

Indeed, that's endlessly annoying. But then, they mostly shoot many times sharper than any human team mate...

Back