<div align="center"></div>

[br]Succesfull.fr has revealed Left 4 Dead achievements, look below:

• Helping Hand: Revive 50 incapacitated Survivors. 20
  • Field Medic: Heal 25 Survivors with a first aid kit. 20
  • Pharm-assist: Give pain pills to 10 Survivors. 20
  • My Bodyguard: Protect any Survivor from an attacking Infected 50 times. 15
  • Dead Stop: Punch a Hunter as he is pouncing. 10
  • Cr0wnd: Kill a Witch with a single headshot. 30
  • Untouchables: No Survivors take damage after contacting the rescue vehicle. 30
  • Drag and Drop: Rescue a Survivor from a Smoker's tongue before he takes damage. 20
  • Blind Luck: You or another Survivor take no damage after being vomited on by a Boomer. 20
  • Akimbo Assassin: Survive an entire campaign using only pistols. 30

You can find them all right here.

In Dead Rising there is an achievement to kill 53,594 zombies, L4D it seems literally goes one better with 53,595.

Most sound easy on paper, but surviving for any length without taking any damage at all is gonna be quite tricky, Akimbo Assasin also sounds like a challenge.

Hero Closet
Rescue a Survivor trapped in a closet.

Oh really :O

Hero Closet
Rescue a Survivor trapped in a closet.

For those that dont know, when you are totally dead as a Survivor, after 60 seconds you respawn in one of a few small locked rooms on each map, the survivors left alive need to get to you and let you out.

Nice, 50 Achievements and they are all excellent

Zombie Genocidest
Kill 53,595 Infected.
I wonder where they got that number from, probably a reference to a zombie flick I haven't seen.
Edit: nvm, I really should have reloaded the page after reading them ;)

For those that dont know, when you are totally dead as a Survivor, after 60 seconds you respawn in one of a few small locked rooms on each map, the survivors left alive need to get to you and let you out.

Wow that's going to be interesting.

"Player 1: Hey Lucid's in a closet back there, think we should get him?"

"2 + 3 in agreement with eachother: Nah, we're almost to the objective, **** him he sucks anyways."

"Me: ;( *opens console and types quit*"

edit: Also, the special infected don't seem to get many achievements... maybe that'll change in the future if enough people enjoy playing Versus mode?

Oh those achivements while playing as Infected just make me want this next month to go so much faster.

Edit: i agree Lucid, what do you just sit there in a 4x4 confined room blankly staring at the wall?

I wonder what those points at the right are for.

Maybe there will be unlockables too in L4D.

Edit: i agree Lucid, what do you just sit there in a 4x4 confined room blankly staring at the wall?

Its worth remembering that total death can be avoided with good teamplay, when you get floored you can be helped up by team mates, you also have pills and medkits to use to avoid running out of health entirely. Also the maps themselves arnt that long, say between 10 and 15 minutes, you most likely wont die in the first 5-6, and if you do, all your teammates see you on their HUD banging against the door and calling for help,

Also I believe you respawn ahead of your team, not behind, the reward system in the game also keeps track of how many times you abandoned your teammates in the level, so you will start to look less appealing in the matchmaking system if you persistantly treat your team badly.

I wonder what those points at the right are for.

This list was taken from the 360 version so they list their Gamerscore points from XboxLive, the achievements themselves will most likely be the same for PC though.

Btw will the characters in L4D be gordon freeman-like or what?

yeah theyll have corwbars and they dont talk etc....

-dodo

Really cool, will be hunting those for sure. I thought we would need to kill more then 50000 zombies for a achievement tho.

No. I'm not sure where Lobster got his 60 seconds from but from the videos I've seen after you die you are in spectator mode until your teammates release your character and then you respawn.

Special infected = hunterboomersmokertank?
I'd say so.

The 60 second comment came from the recent IGN podcast with Chet Faliszek, and yes your right about the spectating part, but it takes 60 seconds for your character to appear in the map again for your team to go rescue.

Even in singleplayer, will the bots come and get us out of a closet?

Even in singleplayer, will the bots come and get us out of a closet?

Yes, the bots will also give you medical aid and pills if you need it, they only advance in the level when you take the lead, but hold position if you backtrack, making it fairly easy.

Though why anyone would buy a coop-specific game just to play it on their own is beyond me.

i love the achievement with reference to dead rising; kill 53,594 zombies haha

Though why anyone would buy a coop-specific game just to play it on their own is beyond me.
My ping is over 1000ms, I think that's reason enough to play singleplayer. Stop being so closeminded.

My ping is over 1000ms, I think that's reason enough to play singleplayer. Stop being so closeminded.

Well that sucks, but then I assume you wouldnt buy any multiplayer game, all im saying is i wouldnt expect the singleplayer to give the same experience as that of the coop.

Out of curiosity, where do you live to have a ping so high?

Well that sucks, but then I assume you wouldnt buy any multiplayer game, all im saying is i wouldnt expect the singleplayer to give the same experience as that of the coop.

Out of curiosity, where do you live to have a ping so high?

95% of my play time with the original UT was against bots because I had dialup (or no connection at all) and the bots were damn awesome. :)

95% of my play time with the original UT was against bots because I had dialup (or no connection at all) and the bots were damn awesome. :)

The bots always offered a better experience because the server browser was cack or just showed games of Deus Ex's dodgy multiplayer patch.

You have to remember turtle rock is making this game, the CSS bot authors.

These are still impressive.

Isn't it a full Valve project now though?
Yes.

He's trying to point out though, that the bots in L4D will be of high-quality. Even their old CS bots are still impressive to play with or against.

Back